Your viewing journal

Patlabor WXIII (Blu-ray)

I started a Patlabor franchise rewatch in 2020 and never got round to WXIII for some reason. I seen it several times and it's a film I still really enjoy. I often think the third Patlabor movie is unfairly maligned at times. Yes, SV2 is a side feature rather than the central focus but it's still an entertaining and tense police procedural.

Mini Pato - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Silly, fun but actually quite insightful to the franchise these shorts are well worth watching and still made me smile second time round.

Cosmos Pink Shock

I've watched this OVA many, many times over the last 15 years and I love it, simple, entertaining and exists for no other reason than to exist!!!

Megaton Musashi - Episodes 1 - 6

Catching up on last seasons mecha shows and so far I have found Megaton Musashi bland, generic and unimaginative.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 55 - 57 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:
Magic Knight Rayearth episodes 19-27: Good finish to the first series, but I'm feeling worried that series 2 is getting a bit messy. Are they planets or countries? Not that Cephiro has practically crumbled away, is there anything left to fight for? I can only hope questions are answered in a satisfactory manner, while wishing they had just left it at episode 20 (with maybe an OVA showing the three girls getting together to reminisce about their quest to save another world).

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 5 Mystery.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 4 Crab and worm.

The disastrous Life of Saiki K. 2 episodes 1-15

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 20

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 6

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 79

Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts Season 2 Episode 1-13 (Complete)

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 4

Matoi, the Sacred Slayer episodes 1-4: good entertaining story of a reluctant magical girl in an action packed story. Well written and very engaging so far. And it's still the MVM deal of the week for a couple more days!

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 4 Spat.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 4 Rebels.

The disastrous Life of Saiki K. 2 episodes 16-24 (Complete. An enjoyable follow-up season which delivered more of what made the first such fun.) 4/5

The disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Reawakened
episodes 1-6 (Complete. A decent if short conclusion for the series.) 3.5/5

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 4

Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 4 Quarrel.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 4 Underground.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 4 Insurgents.

Attack on Titan Final Season p2 e4
Memories.

Sabikui Bisco ep 4
Giant enemy shrine.

Love of Kill ep 4
History.

Requiem of the Rose King ep 4
A place to call home.

Hakozume ep 5
Stakeout and unusual interrogation.

The Tatami Galaxy
An unconventional comedy enhanced by Masaki Yuasa's eccentric direction. While I have some respect for the Haruhi Suzumiya series' take on time loops I find it's definitely utilized better in The Tatami Galaxy. In addition to the usual visual style we've come to expect from Yuasa this series also makes use of real life footage and photos especially in the wonderfully bizarre episode 10. A fun series that embraces its weirdness.

Really looking forward to the sequel series Tatami Time Machine Blues, especially with Shingo Natsume directing.

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 12

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 11

In the Land of Leadale Episode 5 More family encounters.

Police in a Pod Episode 5 Stakeout and an unorthodox re-enactment.

In the Land of Leadale episode 5 In the night.

Police in a Pod episode 5 Telepathy.

The Dragon Dentist Though visually and conceptually interesting the story didn’t do as much for me. 3/5

The Familiar of Zero F
episodes 1-9

I love 90s anime so:
Today I watched the first 6 episodes of "Hana Yori Dango"
And I am re-watching right now Ranma 1/2 while I eat dinner

I liked HYD a lot, it is a bit messed up but has interesting character dynamics and the dub is good as well, I absolutely loved Marmalade Boy which is the other one of the Toei 90s shoujo "trilogy" to get an official English release and a dub, I wouldn't call myself a die-hard 90s/vintage anime fanatic but I'm open to anime from any decade and the 90s (and 80s, 70s, 60s) had some absolutely incredible series and films that I would have missed out on if I'd only watched the latest seasonal offerings :) Have you seen Maison Ikkoku or Urusei Yatsura? I think Ranma 1/2 is fun but the repetition did start to grate on me a tad by the end of Season 1, so I never watched the rest - I thought Urusei Yatsura's scenarios and animation were more inventive even though I never managed to finish that one either, and Maison Ikkoku is a classic in my book have watched every episode and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

The Orbital Children-I loved Dennou Coil and coming from the same creator this really hits the spot with me.

Thanks for bringing this up - I loved Dennou Coil as well so I'll try to watch this one too :)

much head-scratching ensues as I try to remember what I have watched recently

🤔

...oh ye! :)

Rewatched Pixar's Coco, and The Emperor's New Groove, now that I have them both on Blu-ray and they both hold up super well. I also rewatched Disney's Hercules again bcuz the romance is just so sweet like OMG he is just the cutest himbo and I enjoyed the Greek Mythology angle even if it is wildly inaccurate :) 👍 I also rewatched Whisper of the Heart recently-ish - it's really sad that Yoshifumi Kondo passed away so young, I'm sure he would have made more wonderful films had he lived :( ❤️

I finally watched Children of the Sea now that I have the CE and it was extremely beautiful and generally an enjoyable experience with a very good English dub. (tho tbh I didn't like Sora all that much). I also got Ride Your Wave but that one kind of annoyed me so I turned it off, I will try it again soon though (in Japanese this time, wasn't sure about the dub) :)

I watched quite a bit more of Little Busters Season 1 (subbed) but haven't finished the first season yet, and I rewatched the first 9 or so episodes of Berserk 1997 (subbed). I also tried rewatching Your Name with the dub but wasn't that keen so after about half an hour I switched to Japanese (I do think the Eng dub for Weathering With You is excellent though tbf) :)

Back