Your viewing journal

Just watched:

Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts Eps 13-14.

Wow, this show just keeps getting better and better as it goes, and the quality of the writing is amazing. Again I will say, the writing for this is on par with Violet Evergarden. This is definitely my favorite series of the season, and it would have been my favorite of last season by far except that I didn't start watching it until just 3 weeks ago. I burned through the first cour in only two sittings, and I'm glad I waited until now to watch these two episodes together, as they were basically a two-part arc. I really hope this gets a nice physical release, and much sooner than later. I wish it could be a title for AL to release, so we could get it in a nice CE with digipak, but...

Quintessential Quintuplets season 2: And so the saga of trying to work out who is who continues. I'm betting on Miku being the one he marries, but who knows how long before we get the movie released in the UK? I knew identical twins once who loved pretending to be each other (teenage boys, though), so the premise of the show really feels familiar.

I hadn't even heard of it! Being compared to Violet Evergarden wow high praise indeed.

Like Violet Evergarden, the first couple of episodes setup the story, but then the meat and potatoes of the writing kicks in and gives us some really compelling and thoughtful episodes, especially with the way the MC handles and resolves each situation. I'm loving it so far.

City Hunter ep26-28

It amused me that the second OP track makes its debut as music on the radio in legally-distinct McDonalds, an episode before it goes into regular use. I wonder if anyone picked up on that at the time?

Fate / strange Fake: Whispers at Dawn

’s more Fate, innit? As a casual follower of the franchise at best, I felt a bit of deja vu as we go through the various character introductions in this special episode. There does seem to be a bit of an effort to put a twist on things at least; there are familiar players in the lineup (Gilgamesh again?), but the usual master/servant dynamics are a little different. My big hope was that the American setting might bring something fresh to the table, although there’s little sign of that as yet. It’s certainly a production of obvious quality though, there’s some interesting cuts of animation going on towards the end of the episode in particular.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation episode 4 Purposes.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation episode 382 Deathmatch.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 40 Tactics.

Detective Conan episodes 302, 304-313, Detective Conan Movie 07: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital (Film), 316-317, 323-327, 329

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 16

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 42

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces Episode 4

Liar Liar Episode 4

My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 Episode 3

TenPuru: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 3

Jujutsu Kaisen s2 e3
Job done!

Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence ep 2
Devine protection.

Zom 100 ep 3
Hanging out.

TenPuru ep 3
Penance.

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today ep 3
Bad cook and weather.

Classroom for Heroes episode 3 Parent.

Dark Gathering episode 3 Fingernail.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II episode 3 ED.

The Duke of Death and His Maid 2nd Season episode 15 Undersea date.

Detective Conan episodes 330-336, 338-341, 343-347, 350-351, 354

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces ep 4
Kidnapped.

The Gene of AI ep 3
Memories.

Liar Liar ep 4
New threat.

The Duke of Death and His Maid s2 e3
Under the sea.

Dark Gathering ep 3
Army of Me.

Blue Orchestra ep 16
Home alone.

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari s2 e4
Unboxing.

Synduality: Noir ep 3
Paradise.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari 2nd Season episode 16 Barrier.

Detective Conan episode 355-356, Detective Conan Movie 08: Magician of the Silver Sky (Film), 358-359, 361-362, 366

Back