Your viewing journal

Viewed with my mother:

Spy Family S2 Ep 29. Except for the first three episodes of Season 1, I've truly found this series to be dreadfully boring, but my mother still likes it.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 Episode 4.

The Tale of Outcasts Eps 1-6. I'm really surprized my mother would be so into an anime like this, although she did love Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, and this series is somewhat of a similar premise, although quite a bit more dark.

Last edited:
Lots of darts on ITV over the weekend but managed to squeeze in other stuff.

Green Green
Episodes 1-12
Great opening song.
Fav character, the busty doctor of course.

2 Halloween episodes from the TV show
Millennium. A personal favourite.
The Curse of Frank Black
Thirteen Years Later.

Tonight a monster movie.
Bubba Ho-Tep
Elvis and JFK fight the Mummy. In a care home.
Bruce Campbell does the commentary with the director and a commentary as Elvis. 😀

1698791279585.png

Hells (Japanese audio) - Film

There's a lot to like with Hells. I really dig its visual style and tone as it's a fun bubbly adventure in hell and the animation is superb. The story is very good as well and I liked its conclusion.

It's just a shame that in all honestly I feel it was a mistake on Madhouse to adapt this manga as a film, because the pacing is an absolute bloody mess. The first half is way too fast and in a lot of places feels jumbled and transitions to different parts to which its like you missed a few scenes in-between. In fact the best way to describe this is if you're watching a badly condensed compilation film. Then you have the second half which slows way down and overstays its welcome, combined with a few moments that felt like it had ended a few times.

I'm being harsh on that aspect because there's a lot of potential for this to be one of the best anime out there for its time. It's a shame that I feel that way because there is a lot to love with what Hells provides. I think had they gone down the OVA series route I feel it would have not only given more room to breathe but would allow the audience to savour the storytelling and characters.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 15

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Visions of Coleus OVA's 1-3 (Complete)

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 Episode 17

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 episode 17 See you.

After School Hanako-Kun episode 4 Halloween. (Complete. A solid series of shorts, albeit only four episodes worth.) 3/5

31 Days of Halloween 2023! Day XXXI: The Exorcist, The Exorcist III (Films)

Hajime No Ippo: Rising
episodes 24-25 (Complete. Another very good season - hoping we get a continuation eventually.) 4/5

Bullbuster episode 5 Extra time.

The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 episode 25 Entitled customer.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 5 Stepping stone.

Hareluya II Boy episodes 1-13

The Eminence in Shadow 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 25

The Misfit at Demon King Academy II (English Dub) Episode 24

I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness Episode 5

1698964668120.png

ON-GAKU: Our Sound (Japanese audio) - Film

This is such a unique experience. I haven't felt this kind of vibe in an anime film for a long while, and it's got such a cool atmosphere on the animation and the music. My god for a 70 minute film with a simple plot, this anime slaps. Want to see really great rotoscoping animation and a fantastic soundtrack? ON-GAKU delivers on that in a 10/10 fashion.

I also really like its artstyle because its so odd but rather intriguing to see. Now some might be bothered by the film because it's got a lot of deadpan moments but I feel that adds to the weirdness of what it delivers.

So yeah, definitely a hidden gem of the past few years.

Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 episode 15 Happy-go-lucky.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 39 Own plans.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 18 Your days.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 41 Pale.

Hareluya II Boy episodes 14-25 (Complete. A decent series that I discovered on HIDIVE by chance when I was looking for recommendations.) 3/5

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 39

Dr. STONE: New World Part 2 Episode 15

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 6

The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 Episode 41

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy Episode 6

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 9 Pinned.

Goblin Slayer II episode 5 Threat from above.

The Kingdoms of Ruin episode 5 Bloodshed.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 episode 43 Levelling up.

Undead Unluck episode 5 Target.

Hakkenden: Eight dogs of the East (Rewatch) episodes 1-26 (Complete. A decent rewatch having picked up the Sentai complete set ages ago.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 15

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 41

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Episode 9

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 Episode 17

Goblin Slayer II Episode 17

Our Dating Story: The Experienced You and The Inexperienced Me Episode 5

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 Episode 43

1699117901564.png

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Japanese audio) - Film

It has been a long time since I had watched the first season of Goblin Slayer, so having the first 25 minutes recap the big moments of the show was very handy, because the remaining hour is all new stuff. Now unlike a lot of anime shows that receive films, which are often original stories or compilations in its entirety, here the final hour adapts the 5th volume of the light novel which I'm told is fairly short so having it wrap up altogether here makes sense.

It's an interesting story and Goblin Slayer slays goblins once again. For a film I do wish there was more effort put into its production so at times it feels more like a TV Special or OVA than a film, but for what it does I say its alright. Overall a solid instalment for the anime and looking forward to watching Season 2 at some point.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising
Episodes 8-12

Skeleton Knight in Another World
Episodes 10-12

Talentless Nana
Episodes 6-9

Birdie Wing
Episodes 17-18

Loving all these shows.

Last edited:
Management of a Novice Alchemist (English Dub) Episode 6

The Dangers in My Heart (English Dub) Episode 11

A Returner's Magic Should Be Special Episode 5

I Shall Survive Using Potions! Episode 5

Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 30

Tearmoon Empire Episode 5

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess Episode 5

Ghost Tale - ONA (Complete)

A surprise sequel of sorts to Sonic: Night of the Werehog from 2008 by Marza Animation Planet. This was a fun little short focusing on the ghosts from Night of the Werehog and Sonic Unleashed, not much to say, a nice Halloween treat though.

One Piece Film: Strong World - Episode 0 (Japanese) - OVA (Complete) (re-watch)

I watched this way back with fan-subs when I originally watched Strong World. Now it is up on YouTube with official English subtitles for a limited time I decided to give it a watch again. Decent OVA, is nice seeing a number of familiar faces when they were much younger prior to the series. A shame this was never included with the movie on the home video release. This also reminded me that I have failed at keeping up with my OP movie marathon, gotta get back on that.

Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku-hen (Japanese) - Episode 42

After-school Hanako-kun (Japanese) - Episode 4 (Complete)

These were fun shorts which from my understanding were chapters originally skipped during the series, could be wrong but nice to see the characters again prior to the second season, quite the hidden gem of a show.

Spy x Family (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 30

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End (Japanese) - Episode 9

The Apothecary Diaries (Japanese) - Episode 5

Phoenix: Eden17 (Japanese) - Episode 3 - 4 (Complete)

My first experience with Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix, this was a fascinating four part series, really enjoy this sort of concept in stories. I feel it's best to watch it blind so I won't comment much on it but I thoroughly enjoyed this though would had maybe liked a few more episodes to flesh out the world and characters a bit more.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - The Final Chapters (Japanese) - Special 2 (Complete)

Finally the culmination of ten years has arrived and I gotta say I loved almost every second of the series overall. S1 I always found the weakest but still great but S2 onwards has been fantastic for me ever since. I'd heard very mixed reception on the ending though I was fortunate enough to have never come across spoilers before watching this which was a relief but personally I did not hate the ending, I actually enjoyed this whole final part and was an emotional send-off, after the credits rolled it honestly left me speechless and satisfied. An anime which will go down in history as a classic, something you can't say for many modern anime, compared to pre-2010's.

Back