Your viewing journal

Read or Die TV (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Was great to revisit this, though I do think the sub is a bit better than the dub, but I really enjoyed this series for the characters, their relationships, and the cool paper power action sequences - I will rewatch the OVA soon as well :)

Niea Under 7 (English dubbed) - Honestly this is one of the pinnacles of slice of life anime for me, and I was really pleasantly surprised by the dub, plus the Blu-ray transfer is amazingly high quality (I'm only watching on a 32 inch screen though), but yeah I love the atmosphere of this series and am so glad I finally watched the whole thing start to finish :)

Currently rewatching Maison Ikkoku (English dubbed) :)

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU episodes 10-13: And it's back to the isolation booths .. for now.

Movie day today:
The Relative Worlds: action scenes good, story interesting if a little plot-holey, character movements of the teenagers weirdly reminiscent of video game characters and old people.

Summer Ghost:
enjoyable short film. I love a ghost who gives advice on living.

Hello World: lots of layers, rather confusing, Was anything not in the Matrix (apart from that brief scene at the end, which I sort of predicted due to the voice of the bird).

Love Me, Love Me Not: Not really one for me. Bit too emotionally intense for a jaded cynic, I fear. I'm sure people who believe in love would enjoy it.

The Deer King: Good in some ways, bad in others. That doctor was a bit slow. I figured it out ages before him!

My Isekai Life
Episodes 5-8
🎯

Golgo 13 Live Action film
Ken Takakura
Seems strange to be watching Iranian actors dubbed into Japanese and I've got the subtitles on.
All the bits are here. Hand shaking, standing behind. Very amused by the female character who before meeting Golgo said I won't be able to be near him. 5 seconds after Duke Togo enters, she's looking at him with lust filled eyes.

A Sign of Affection episode 4 Going for it.

Blue Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati Saga episode 41 Spies in the wire.

Bucchigiri?! episode 3 Pow.

Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange episode 16 Light in darkness.

Kingdom 5th Season episode 132 Comeback.

Mashle 2nd Season episode 16 To boldly flee.

Ragna Crimson episode 15 No mercy.

Solo Leveling episode 4 Telling text.

Love Tyrant episodes 1-12 (Complete. A bold and bizarre series that was worth a look but won’t be rewatched in a hurry.) 3/5

Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (Rewatch)
episodes 1-8

A Sign of Affection Episode 4 Double date.

Tales of Wedding Ring's (Uncensored) Episode 4 Liberate.

The Dangers in My Heart Season 2 Episode 16 Valentines.

The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids Episode 4 Decision.

Hidamari Sketch complete series: I enjoyed this, which stuff up my plan for the weekend of watching stuff and dumping it on CEX for the sweet voucher money. The episodes are in a random order, the girls act between the ages of 10 to 15 (is that first year high school age?). The cosplaying teacher is a delight. Apparently there are further seasons and movies.... somewhere.

Just five more and I will have finished the two ATA and one MVM 2023 mystery boxes!

Hidamari Sketch complete series: I enjoyed this, which stuff up my plan for the weekend of watching stuff and dumping it on CEX for the sweet voucher money. The episodes are in a random order, the girls act between the ages of 10 to 15 (is that first year high school age?). The cosplaying teacher is a delight. Apparently there are further seasons and movies.... somewhere.

Just five more and I will have finished the two ATA and one MVM 2023 mystery boxes!
Sentai sells the Picture Perfect collection which contains every everything except for the graduation OVA that came out after.

On the Way to a Smile - Episode: Denzel - Final Fantasy VII (Japanese) - OVA (Complete) (re-watch)

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete (English) - Movie (Complete) (re-watch)

Good to finally watch these with the context from finishing the original game now. Doesn't hit the highs of the majority of the FF7 Series but still a good time and interested in how they'll connect to Rebirth as they seemingly want people to watch this prior to it (though I have my own theories and Remake already had some connections). Felt weird hearing the original English voice cast after being so used to the Remake cast now. Interest has been shown that they'd like to remake AC as well which if they did in game form, they could really flesh it out and improve on it I think. I know Ever Crisis will adapt it but very much doubt it'll be expanded upon.

Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 episode 4 Concern.

One Piece episode 1092 A familiar face.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 16 Close call.

The Fire Hunter 2nd Season episode 13 Remade.

Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (Rewatch) episodes 9-13 (Complete. A stylish and distinct entity within the Lupin franchise, and well worth checking out.) 4/5

Lupin III: Dead or Alive (Film)
This Monkey Punch-directed film was a solid one with some striking imagery and ideas. 3.5/5

Lupin III: Swallowtail Tatoo (Special)
Another fun Lupin special. 3.5/5

Lupin III: Angel Tactics (Special)
This one was good as well, though I think I preferred ST overall. 3.5/5

7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Episode 4

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 Episode 4

Fluffy Paradise Episode 5

Back