Your viewing journal

My Dress-up Darling 1-12
was going to drop this after a couple of episodes as the spineless stuttering MC ("a-a-a-an indirect kiss!") is my least favourite trope at the moment. glad I stuck with it though, cute romance and some interesting stuff about cosplaying that I didn't know about. 7/10

Berserk 1997 1-12
somehow I've not seen this until now. yes, I know.
anyway this is very good, great pacing making for a classic "just one more episode" experience. I'm not a fan of some of the music, and the over-the-top still images during important moments can be a bit cheesy (I'm assuming these are from the manga?).
oh and that ... thing ... around Griffith's neck is super creepy! brrrrr.

Last edited:
Blue Giant (Japanese) - Movie (Complete)

Glad this got a second showing in my area which I could attend. This was a beautiful movie about jazz, the performances in it were just wonderful and really kept you locked in on the screen. Look forward to re-watching in the future, highly recommend.

A Sign of Affection episode 5 Falling snow.

Blue Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati Saga episode 42 Flight.

Bucchigiri?! episode 4 Beyond the clouds.

Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange episode 17 Nonchalant.

Kingdom 5th Season episode 133 Trust.

Mashle 2nd Season episode 17 Stay together.

Ragna Crimson episode 16 Splendid battle.

Solo Leveling episode 5 Chamber.

Machine Robo Revenge of Cronos episodes 38-47 & Machine Robo: Leina, The Legend of Wolf Blade OVA, Machine Robo: Lightning Trap Leina & Laika OVA (Complete. I felt rather indifferent to this overall though there were some solid episodes throughout.) 3/5

Machine Robo Battle Hackers
episodes 1-2

Chaika: The Coffin Princess S2 Avenging Battle Eps 3-10 (End). Finished showing this series to my mother; she enjoyed this one quite a bit.
Grimoire of Zero eps 1-3 with my mother, this is the next series I picked for her, and she's liking this one even more than Chaika.
Apothecary Diaries Ep 16-17. Also with my mother.

On my own, I pretty much watched the last two available episodes of the following series from the current season this past week, so now I'm caught up with:

The Demon Prince of Momochi House
Tales of Wedding Rings
A Sign of Affection
The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic
The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash
7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy!
Meiji Gekken: 1874
Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss But I'm Not the Demon Lord
Metallic Rouge
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
The Witch and the Beast
Sasaki and Peeps
Solo Leveling
Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp

Last edited:
Started the day with Jason And The Argonauts and The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad, both with the Harryhausen commentary.

Is It Wrong etc etc
episodes 12-22: At some point the never ending parade of monsters attacking our heroes starts to pall. Nice bit of Lady Ryu's backstory interwoven in with the endless fighting, and the occasional glimpse at the world above ground. It does sound like the have upped the budget on dramatic music.

Series was a bit short with just the 22 episodes and no proper extras. Also, I'm not sure it moved the story forward that much.

Up to episode 3 of My Hero Academia and I need to know whether all the shouting, crying, screaming and whining gets toned down at some point, as I think it's giving me a migraine.

Having seen 2 or maybe 3 seasons (I dunno it's been years since I dropped it) I can say that no it definitely didn't get toned down. Maybe best to avoid Jump action series aimed at teenage boys lol
I just wanted to know why all the kids were cosplaying these characters at my last anime convention. I'll keep going to the end of season one and reexamine my mental state. :)

My Hero Academia episodes 1-9: I admit I was only half watching it, as it is really annoying. I'm not the target audience, though. Will try and watch the rest of series one ... ummm .... sometime soon.

The Dawn of the Witch
Episodes 1+2
It's fine. Bit of comedy, action and crying.
I hope the MC is going to grow as I get the feeling he could be a moaner.
The way the witch talks might start to annoy me.
I'll stay positive.

That image has a very positive vibe! :)

I didn't mind all the emotional stuff in My Hero Academia, I dropped it after S1 for it's excessively generic feel though :)

I didn't mind all the emotional stuff in My Hero Academia, I dropped it after S1 for it's excessively generic feel though :)
Yes, there is a lot of resonance with a number of much better quality anime. Actually, it was watching stuff like this (Dragonball Z maybe) back in 2003-04 that made me force my nieces and nephew (oldest at the time was 8) to watch decent anime. I'm sure all that 12/15 rated stuff hasn't corrupted them at all. :cool:

7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Episode 5 Kidnapped.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 Episode 5 Duel.

Fluffy Paradise Episode 6 Name.

Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 episode 5 Chosen life.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 17 Alice.

The Fire Hunter 2nd Season episode 14 Return without meaning?

Machine Robo Battle Hackers 3-21

Bang Brave Bang Bravern ep4

Delicious in Dungeon ep5

The Witch and the Beast ep4

Having had this down as middle of the road hokum, I was pleasantly surprised by this week’s instalment, the story seemed noticeably more engaging. The change in the main group of characters was a surprise too, although I presume it’s not permanent, given that I don’t think the new duo are in the opening sequence.

Frieren ep1-2

Finally decided to give Frieren a shot. Suitably impressed so far; as I’d expected, it is something I need to be in the right frame of mind for as my initial impression is of it being rather melancholy (even if it is often quite funny), but it does an excellent job of showing that Frieren herself has a very different viewpoint from those around her, given her much longer lifespan. It’s also quietly a really nice looking series - still screenshots don’t do it justice.

Back