Your viewing journal

Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 episode 6 Medicine.

One Piece episode 1093 Fierce fight.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 18 Petals.

The Fire Hunter 2nd Season episode 15 Strange rumour.

Maison Ikkoku episodes 10-28

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Swordsmith Village Arc (Japanese) - Episode 5 - 8

Delicious in Dungeon (English) - Episode 6

Monsters: 103 Mercies Dragon Damnation (Japanese) - ONA (Complete)

This was an enjoyable prequel of sorts to One Piece but is a standalone story. Though I looked up how it connects, I haven't got to the part in the series yet in which it is relevant but I wasn't lost at all on the actual plot of this. I could see the very final scene being a bit of a spoiler to One Piece or possibly somewhat confusing if someone has no prior knowledge of the series but outside of that, I'd say it is fine to watch and easy to understand. This had some cool action scenes and animation which was its highlight and the plot was fine enough, nothing I haven't seen before in the likes of One Piece and other shows but it does the job.

One Piece (Japanese) - Episode 97 - 98

Pokemon Master Journeys (English) - Episode 14

With my mother:

Grimiore of Zero Episodes 8-12 (End). She very much enjoyed this series.
The Apothecary Diaries Episode 18

My own viewing:

A Sign of Affection Episode 6 (and about 40 reaction videos on YouTube for this series!)
Solo Leveling Episode 6
Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp Episode 5
The Demon Prince of Momochi House Episaode 6
7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Episode 6
Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss But I'm Not the Demon Lord Episode 6
The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash Episodes 4-5
The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic Episode 6
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! Episode 5

Chainsaw Man
Episodes 10-12
Said to myself, finish it.
Negatives
Slow and too much talking. At the end of an episode it gave me no desire to watch the next.
Positives
Makima was cool and lot more Kishibe(one of my favourite male voices) towards the end.

Hey ho, on to the next one. Don't know what?

A Sign of Affection - episodes 5 & 6
Itsu / Itsuomi has it bad for Yuki
Blue Exorcist Shimane Illuminati Saga - episode 6
Depressing backstory
Solo Leveling - episode 6
what an episode!
The Apothecary Diaries - episode 18
Oh Maomao!!
The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash - episodes 1 - 5
Classroom of the Elite 3 - episode 6
The Witch and the Beast - episode 5
Dungeon in Delicious - episode 6

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (English Dub) Episode 6

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
Episode 6

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil Episode 6

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess Episode 6

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 18

‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess episode 6 Health check.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 18 Repay.

Maison Ikkoku episodes 29-35, OVA, 36-40

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Swordsmith Village Arc (Japanese) - Episode 9 - 11 (Complete)

From what I saw the consensus was that this season wasn't great but no idea what people were talking about, I found this to be a very enjoyable season still and the last episode has one of my new favourite scenes of the series. Not that I really take much notice of online discussion when it comes to anime (outside of here and certain people on YouTube) but wanted to point it out as I saw it thrown around quite a bit it seemed. Apart from that, all set for To the Hashira Training Arc in the cinema next week.

Urusei Yatsura (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 24 - 26

How not to summon a demon lord omega season 2: Enjoyable but short (ten episodes) and there were a few places when it seemed to skip scenes. A couple of times I even went back to check that there was a continuity jump, it was so disconcerting. Also, some things started to develop then were abandoned. Powerful enemies were set up over episodes and then just walked over. Did they run out of ideas? Was it put together in a rush? All very odd.

Wonka - Was great fun seeing this at the cinema (I guess I caught it just towards the end of it's run?) and it was sweetly delightful overall, I got particularly smiley about the chocolates that made life into a broadway musical "everything you do will be choreographed!" So glad Noodle got her happy ending, wish every kid in such situations did 🥰

Toradora (REWATCH, English dubbed) - A great series, with a fantastic English dub, but dear god Taiga put down the knife! That's my one major bone of contention with this series, she is just so violent esp early on and it really is disturbing at points like she literally threatens to cut Ryuji in one or two episodes? Ami's also... uhhh... well at least she didn't threaten to stab anyone 😅 Tbf to both of them they do mature and improve over the course of the series, and I do understand that they are both young and have some understandable reasons for being the way they are, I do also appreciate that in this show the love polygon actually gets properly resolved. I do love Toradora, I was lucky enough to get the US NIS America Limited Edition off Ebay for £54 including postage and absolutely jumped at the chance, as it has far better picture quality than the UK Blu-ray set, and I really enjoyed rewatching the show. The Christmas episodes in particular are a highlight, but the whole thing is quality entertainment with great animation. Some very cool songs as well "I get dizzy when I try to be honest with myself... I get hurt, you get hurt, on an innocent pre-parade." In spite of my criticisms, I do consider this to be a modern classic of both anime generally and rom-com anime in particular. I really enjoyed the creator's other series Golden Time a lot as well :)

I'm now watching Lupin the 3rd Part 4 dubbed, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu subbed, I'm really enjoying both shows, I also almost went to see Turning Red but couldn't go in the end cuz I had to wait in for my meds to arrive XP :)

Bio-Booster Armor Guyver - Episodes 1 - 6

Watching Project A-Ko again and looking back at that early to mid 90's anime scene while prepping for the podcast review made me feel quite nostalgic and I ended up really wanting to watch this again. I absolutely loved this series and watched it over and over. I can remember the excitement of getting the first episode in 1994 and then having to wait for each subsequent episode to be released was torture 😂. I last watched this particular instance of The Guyver 10 years ago and I really enjoyed it then and even now, while I can acknowledge the animation is very basic in places, I still really like it. Episode 4 with the Hyper Zoanoid Team 5 is were this series really gets into it's stride and episodes 4 - 6 is a fantastic run of drama and cool action.

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - Episode 5

I really like how Bravern's story is staring to develop.

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episodes 42 & 43

While I should keep the comments for the podcast review, these episodes were pretty good!

Goshogun TV (DROPPED, English subbed) - I didn't hate this, but considering it's meant to be a parody the shenanigans of the heroes are just your typical mecha pilot team stuff from that era, I'm not generally much of a villain stan but the ones in this series are more entertaining than the heroes (particularly the effeminate blonde guy who seems to be Not So Bad After All, perhaps?). I get that the humor is meant to be subtle but there's a fine line between subtle and barely there at all, I much preferred the GoShogun: The Time Etranger film which is darker than the series and has beautiful visuals and direction, and which I also appreciated for its focus on Remy, the main female character from the series, over the more sausage-fest-y tone of the TV show. I could conceivably see myself watching more of this at some point, give it another chance and all that, but there are so many other anime I could watch that I'd probably get greater enjoyment out of 😅

I quite liked Goshogun, Time Etranger makes so much more sense once you've seen the whole series.

Last edited:
I quite liked Goshogun, Time Etranger makes so much more sense once you've seen the whole series.

Fairs - I'm not much of a vintage mecha person or big into mecha generally, though I do love SDF Macross - I really enjoy some mecha anime, and I love a considerable number of vintage anime but most of what the vintage anime fans describe as "fun series" in this regard (mech stuff) I don't get along with. To each their own :)

Back