Your viewing journal

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai: Episodes 13 - 16

Takano's past, and... it's a really horrible one. Like Teppie beforehand, I felt so much rage at the scenes depicted. Apart from that we're starting to draw to a close and everything is brilliantly coming together, so many plot threads all beginning to form one constant line. Very different from what the series started out as... but still keeping with things thematically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gilgamesh Ep.4-5

I'm about done with this already. The animation is bad to the point of distraction; the lip flaps are sloppy (and I'm watching it in Japanese too!), the facial expressions are just atrocious, and people/objects don't move naturally they seem to float up and down/across the screen. I was actually quite intrigued by the opening 7 minutes of the show, I thought 'Wow, this is a cool world, and I'd like to know more about what's going on (since we're seemingly dropped in the middle of something)' then...BOOM! They blow up that world world and say 'here's this new world now'. Like, what the hell?!

Can anyone give me a reason to keep watching this?

Tiger & Bunny Ep.9

Giglamesh Ep.6-8

It's improved slightly. I've also switched to the dub, the voices match better to the characters than the Japanese, and though the delivery is quite flat at times I think it actually helps in adding creepiness to it.

Strike Witches 2 eps.1-4

Wait a second. Did I put the first disc of S1 in the player by mistake? If my memory is to be trusted (and it's touch-and-go tbh), the first episode of S2 was near-identical to the first episode of S1. In fact everything so far feels much like an unnecessary retread of S1.

What saved it? "It's rubbing... against... ahhh!". That's what I'm talkin' about.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Strike Witches 2 eps.1-4

Wait a second. Did I put the first disc of S1 in the player by mistake? If my memory is to be trusted (and it's touch-and-go tbh), the first episode of S2 was near-identical to the first episode of S1. In fact everything so far feels much like an unnecessary retread of S1.

What saved it? "It's rubbing... against... ahhh!". That's what I'm talkin' about.
The ending isn't too different to season 1 either...

I think either someone tried to just copy season 1, or went OTT with the homages.

Aria season 1 and Aria The Natural episodes 1-6.I,ve had this on my back log for far to long,but wow what a series,beautiful and whimsical and enchanting are just a few words of praise i could lay upon this series,this is slice of life anime at its best,yeah the series is about girls rowing gondolas and wanting to be tour guides,yeah thats about it but it is the characters and there friendships and the everyday challenges they face that make the series so charming,and the animation and music are just simply beautiful and both bring the dream like world of Aqua and the city of Neo-Venezia to life.Simply put this is one of the finest series i,ve seen and one of the most uplifting and feel good series ever.Highly recommended.

Back