Your viewing journal

Sankarea e.3 - Well, it says something about the show that I chose to watch it over Natsuiro Kiseki this morning.

Best zombie cat of the season? Confirmed.

Best half-dressed MILF? In the bag.

Best imouto? Hmm, Hyouka could potentially have something, but I'm saying odds-on favorite.

A surprisingly hardbody approach to the story - we're not talking Mawaru Penguindrum levels as far as pure quality goes, nor unpredictability, but this is miles better than I was expecting.

Eureka Seven AO ep 2

Wow, what a second ep. Just pure exhilaration all the way through.

"Left Arm Lost." Ao:"It's not lost! PICK IT UP!" Cue fistpumping from me. No doubt in my mind that this is a true sequel to Eureka Seven in spirit, I hope the rest of the show keeps up this standard!

Last edited by a moderator:
my first impression of watching one piece disc 1 collection 1 -

i like it its fun to watch i like the animation and its funny

question to people who's seen one piece -

when you first saw LUFFY and watched a few episodes of one piece did anyone here think luffy is a cross between naruto and *dragon ball young goku* not in appearance but in personality

naruto - wants to be Hokage
luffy - wants to be king of the pirates

goku -eats alot
luffy -eat alot

kid goku - a goof/idiot
luffy - just a goof

has anyone here noticed that there similar

Polar Bear's Café 2

Damn it Penguin you so awesome. Also, I never thought I'd be able to see a Polar Bear, a panda, a llama, a woman and a drunk penguin watching the cherry blossoms...now I've seen everything.

ilmaestro said:
Look man, how can you not mention the sloth?
Because...he...went...to...the...convenience...store?

Sloth going to the convenience store is a lot like my Mum going into Primark....takes fecking ages.

Tried various new shows today.

Space brothers 1+2, enjoyed it, probably my favourite show today
Mysterious girlfriend X- I don't even
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san and also that show about the polar bear cafe.

And episodes 22-25 of Hunter x hunter

Natsuiro Kiseki e.3 - Yuka = The Best, Rinko = very good too, but the highlight of the episode was the shota undertones of the Saki/Yuusuke interactions, and the ridiculous cosplay extents to which she was prepared to go.

Robot Carnival

Something else I've had and have been meaning to watch for ages but after listening to a recent episode of the Gundamn podcast I thought I ought to actually watch it, and I wish I had sooner. A brilliant anthology to robot shorts, it looks stunning and is fascinating to watch.

Eureka Seven AO - Episode 2

Ath said:
Eureka Seven AO ep 2

No doubt in my mind that this is a true sequel to Eureka Seven in spirit, I hope the rest of the show keeps up this standard!

Indeed another great episode in exactly the same vein as the original series.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 - Episodes 5 & 6

An excellent pair of episodes, 5 was outstanding, 0083 reminds me why I love UC Gundam so much!

Over the last week I have watched...

Mushi-shi 20 - 26. I absolutely love this show. I think it might me a bit to slow and episodic for some people but I really enjoyed it.

Moribito episodes 1 -12. This isn't the usual kind of thing I would watch, but I was sold on the idea of it having a strong female lead in Balsa. I'm enjoying this a lot more than I ever expected to.

Macross : DYRL? I found this entertaining but it didn't grab me like I thought it would. Its probably my mistake for watching it out if context, I have never seen the actual show but feel like I know the plot already just by being n anime fan so long and seeing others speak about it.

I thought the animation was top notch for when it was produced and I loved the final scene. I did a little cheer when Minmay got slapped :D

Lupin III: What's Mine is mine ep3

'Goemon? More like Moémon'.
emot-v.gif

Seriously though, that was another very good episode, despite the continued absence of Lupin himself. Perhaps I'm just being swayed by the design work on the train, but I think this was probably the best looking ep so far, and that would be saying something.

As we've had episodes for both Jigen and Goemon so far, I'm really hoping we get Zenigata next week.

Lupin III: It's A Mine Adventure - 03

What hasn't already been said? Spot on characterisation again for Goemon and another attention grabbing plot with a fun setting. I would concur with Prof's assessment that this has been the best animated episode yet. I'm sure there's a good drinking game in there connected to the phrase "Samurai Friend-o" as well.

Professor Irony said:
As we've had episodes for both Jigen and Goemon so far, I'm really hoping we get Zenigata next week.
Zenigata did make an appearance along with Lupin in the first ep however, so I'm wondering if it will be an episode focused solely on Fujiko herself so we can learn a bit more about her character. I'll be interested to see how they handle the gang meeting up - Will it happen on or off screen? Will they throw us in with a "several years down the line" episode after they've set the scene or is the whole series leading up to that point? We can but keep watching, and it's certainly doing a good job of holding my interest and making me look forward to the next instalment.

Back