Your viewing journal

Red Photon Zillion - Episode 1

An absolute cracker of a first episode, I can't believe I've waited this long to watch Zillion, if the rest is as good as this then I'm in for a treat!

Accel World - Episodes 1 - 3 (DUB)

I've been looking forward to rewatching this for ages. I absolutely loved this series when it was airing and I honestly don't see why SAO is regarded so highly in comparison. Dub wise, I only have Berserk and Tiger & Bunny from Viz to compare this too, but I'd say that like the other two the dub offering is pretty good here.

Golden Time 11

Tada Banri really works that maid uniform.

I still think Banri's feelings from last week sum up the entire series so far, with his time with Linda feeling like reality and Koko a dream. Equal parts mesmerising and insufferable, I find Koko an utterly fascinating character to watch. I still think her relationship with Banri feels unhealthy, and I can't get a handle on how it's going to end up. Banri's own dilemma also continues to keep my interest. I was impressed by the way he forced things forward in episode 6, only for his own past to come back and make things even more complicated now. I adore Linda too, her interactions with Banri both past and present are so natural. Things feel like they will come to a head sooner or later, and it's going to hurt big time.

Golden Time definitely shares its DNA with Toradora, in that I find the emotions and feelings of each character to be relatable and believable. I'm finding it a bit more clumsier in it's execution though, sometimes the pacing and staging of scenes feels off-key. It would definitely have benefited from the directorial hand of someone like Tatsuyuki Nagai. Having said that, I'm still finding it a very compelling watch and I look forward to each episode every week. It also really makes me miss university!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shakugan no Shana Second: Up to episode 12, I think.

A series that is nothing remarkable... but I'm thoroughly enjoying it, even with the tone change it has brought.

Orgun said:
Red Photon Zillion - Episode 1

An absolute cracker of a first episode, I can't believe I've waited this long to watch Zillion, if the rest is as good as this then I'm in for a treat!

That series is Tatsunoko on fine form.

Recently watch Btooom and Another. Btooom I liked and enjoyed, I also hope they make a second series. Another, did not like it. Was so slow, boring and seemed to take forever for anything to actually happen. When it did finally start to pick up the pace and get interesting, it then ends.

Plus what happens at the end could have been avoided.

Mei said see can see the colour of death with her green eye, she also said that see knew who the dead person was and knew for a while. So after listening to the tape and finding out how to stop the calamity, by sending the dead back to death, why not tell them who it is. Would have stopped all the killing at the end.

Beyond the Boundary (Japanese Dub via Animax UK) - Episode 11 / 12

Strange it's not 13 episodes but 12 now.

Kill la Kill (Japanese Dub via Wakanim UK) - Episode 11 / 25

DAT PLOT. DAT MAKO. DAT ENDING. Overall rating increased by 0.5.

Samurai Flamenco (Japanese Dub via Wakanim UK) - Episode 10 / 22

HE PULLED A TONY STARK! (If you watched Iron Man's ending) Anywho despite the odd change in the plot, I'm satisfied with this conclusion. Now for more SAMURAI FLAMENCO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back