Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
LukasROAR said:
Gilgamesh ep 1-5

It's been around 10 years since I last saw this, but I can't recall a thing. It used to be broadcast on the old music channel Rockworld TV when they had an anime block.

It's a lot more pretentious than I remember (hardly Texhnolyzation levels but still) It doesn't really kick off until episode 3-4 but i'm really enjoying it so far.

Anyone else remember Gilgamesh?

I do and to be honest I really understand it til the end I do remember it being on that channel............good times

I'm glad it's not just me, I think Gilgamesh was definitely underrated. After this i'll finally tackle Attack on Titan as I still haven't seen it and absolutely every anime fan I know will simply not shut up about how awesome it is.

LukasROAR said:
animefreak17 said:
LukasROAR said:
Gilgamesh ep 1-5

It's been around 10 years since I last saw this, but I can't recall a thing. It used to be broadcast on the old music channel Rockworld TV when they had an anime block.

It's a lot more pretentious than I remember (hardly Texhnolyzation levels but still) It doesn't really kick off until episode 3-4 but i'm really enjoying it so far.

Anyone else remember Gilgamesh?

I do and to be honest I really didn't understand it til the end I do remember it being on that channel............good times

I'm glad it's not just me, I think Gilgamesh was definitely underrated. After this i'll finally tackle Attack on Titan as I still haven't seen it and absolutely every anime fan I know will simply not shut up about how awesome it is.

I haven't seen attack on titan ether.......... but hey when it comes out on DVD il get it

animefreak17 said:
LukasROAR said:

I haven't seen attack on titan ether.......... but hey when it comes out on DVD il get it

Whatever you do. Beware of Spoilers, one sneak peak at the plot will ruin your experience in the series especially on social networks. On Funimation's FB page I just got spoiled completely regarding the events beyond the anime because some idiot thought it was a good idea to have an image of those events.

NormanicGrav said:
animefreak17 said:
LukasROAR said:

Whatever you do. Beware of Spoilers, one sneak peak at the plot will ruin your experience in the series especially on social networks. On Funimation's FB page I just got spoiled completely regarding the events beyond the anime because some idiot thought it was a good idea to have an image of those events.

To be honest the only thing I have to spoilers are......

there's giants and there attacking humans and they have no over layer skin but someone did say to me once..............a quote......they kill us we kill them....or something........ but il take your word and try no to get spoiled

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people will say OMG man! Episode 5 man! OMG!

Just seen 2 of the 3 main new series I want to check out. I enjoyed both.

Tokyo Ghoul 01
Rail Wars! 01

Free! Eternal Summer ep1
Great stuff, looking forward to more.

ARGEVOLLEN ep1
Sort of generic. I'd rather just have watched Free! ep1 again.

Locodol ep1
Not my kind of show really, but it's cute and strangely entertaining. The creepy uncle is clearly the best character.

Glasslip ep1
Not sure this has the necessary spark to keep me watching, however lovely it looks. Cute ED.

R

K-ON! The Movie

First time actually seeing it in the original Japanese - it works so much better when the language barrier is actually there (screw you Sentai and your lazy translations). I still tear up during Tenshi ni Fureta yo. Also, did Sentai re-cast the English characters? The voices sounded different.

Sailor Moon Crystal 1

Wasn't intending to watch this really, but I was sending the Niconico link to my sister and it was loading up anyway, so I figured why the hell not. The quality of the stream really struggled though, should have chosen a less busy time to watch. Quirky subtitle translations as well at times ("Cat can talk!"), hopefully that'll improve.

I only ever watched a couple of dub episodes of the original Sailor Moon on TV so I'm not really that familiar with it. Other than that, this first episode was really fun, and I like the refreshed character designs a lot. Unsure about the CGI transformations though.

Back