Your viewing journal

Love Live! Season 2 - Episodes 7 - 10

These episodes were easily some of the best, and after episode 7 I'm actually dead. Diagnosis, moe overload. Many screencaps were taken.
[spoilerbutton]
cT8i1ph.jpg

NVMEtZv.jpg

We all know who the best girl is though.

V8E0LAf.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Last edited by a moderator:
Concrete Revolutio e.9 - This episode was simply beautiful. It had such a different tension and sense of narrative flow I made a rare mid-watch trip to the crew listing to see if it was indeed a guest script writer - and yes, this is the only episode so far not to have been written by Aikawa Sho, having been written instead by the legendary Tsuji Masaki. This show continues to reward its viewers for believing in it.

That is still managed to slot so smoothly into the overall story is remarkable. They have built up both sides of Jiro's situation to absolute breaking point, so I expect we will soon get to see exactly why he is on the run in the "future".

We also got yet another approach to the post-credit sequence/next ep preview. They've used that slot increasingly well.

Kokoro Connect ep 10-13 (complete). Not really 'complete' strictly speaking until I watch the OVAs. A good series with plenty of (melo)drama, not much else to say about it really.

Coffin Princess Chaika-Episodes 1-4

Episode 1: I really think this first episode could have used some world building, it feels like they just chuck you in at the deep end in terms of lore. Also, PLEASE tell me that Chaika doesn't speak in that broken speech pattern throughout the entire duration of the show. I have a feeling that is going to grate after a while.

Episode 2: Wait, there's the world building. Thank God for that. Really quite enjoying this so far. Doesn't really have a lot going for it so far in terms of story, if this is going where I think it's going it's going to be a scavenger hunt, but the characters seem pretty decent and the action is top notch.

Episode 3: Chaika's pouts are the best.

Episode 4: Still really enjoying this. Hope it keeps up!

Orphaned Gundams e.12 - This mini-arc revolving around Akihiro's brother has been a bit clunky at times, but hot damn has it lead to some intense moments (Mika's sudden appearance at the end of ep 10 might be the best visual of the season). The characters (Eugene so moe~. Lafter x Akihiro such a good ship) and the story "in general" continue to be thrilling though, so it is easily keeping its momentum.

Also the full version of ORPHANS no Namida is off the hook.

Love Live! Season 2 - Episodes 11 - 13 (END)

;__; I'll either watch the movie or start on Tamako Market tomorrow. Christmas is literally going to be movie season for me since I have Kyoukai no Kanata Mirai Hen, Tamako Love Story, Love Live Movie, Gundam the Origin II and Ghost in the Shell 2015 lined up - possibly a rewatch of Steins;Gate's movie too.

Coffin Princess Chaika-Episode 5-8

Episode 5: The idea of multiple Chaikas is kind of odd. I hope there is some decent explanation for that...

Episode 8: Kind of just felt like filler. Never a good thing in a 12 episode series...

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon ep 12 (complete). The usual nonsense I expect from this kind of anime, thank God it's over. It's not a bad anime, it's just mediocre and does nothing that hasn't been seen a million times before.

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- ep 12 (complete). Well, that was a letdown. I was expecting some kind of final showdown with the villain, and instead all we got was basically another normal episode which felt more like reaching the middle point of the season than the end. If a second season was going to be made it would have been fine but I've not heard anything suggesting that might happen. The rest of the series was pretty interesting, exploring how people face death and also how people can become trapped in their past, but disappointment of that last episode took the shine off it.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ep 12.

Owarimonogatari ep 6. Superb. That's the first book covered, which seems to be building things up for the third book which should be after Koyomimonogatari. The second book of Owari is (if I recall correctly) set before the first book, occurring simultaneously with Neko Black and Oni. I'm really looking forward to watching it and I think I'll try to watch all six episodes in one go.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions-Sparkling... Slapstick Noel

I purposely left the OVA until it was closer to Christmas during my initial watch of the show and I felt now was probably an appropriate time. Pretty good episode overall. Christmas Kumin, drunk Dekomori and some mild yuri. Merry Christmas.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 12

I was a bit lukewarm to this at the start but I have to say that I am really enjoying Iron-Blooded Orphans now.

Fafner: Exodus - Episodes 20 & 21

Still continues to be a great mecha series.

Tamako Market - Episodes 1 - 9

Out of all the Kyoani productions in recent years, I can't help but feel that this is the one that gets talked about the least. Having watched the first nine episodes, I both do and don't understand why that's the case. I get that the show won't be for everyone as a very moe SOL show, but personally I've found it to be one of Kyoani's more shows of late. It's very pretty to look at, it's got a very likable cast and it even has it's laugh out loud moments. I can't get enough of it. I thought episode 9 in particular was really sweet where we get a glimpse into Tamako's Dad's past, showing how he and Tamako's (now deceased) Mother met each other. We also discover that the song Tamako has been humming the whole time since episode 1 was actually a love song written for her Mother by her Dad. It was nice to see another side to him too, as prior to this episode he's mainly been shown as a gruff, hard working old sod.

Back