Your viewing journal

31 Days of Halloween Day 3: Phenonema (1985, Dario Argento) This was a fun and bizarre horror starring Donald Pleasance and Jennifer Connelly. It has some really good key moments and an awesome score by frequent Argento collaborators Goblin.

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki series 3: OVAs 17-20 (Complete, these OVAs weren't quite as good, nor as engaging, but were still decent, even if the final climax wasn't exactly that riveting. I do want to check out a few Tenchi spin-offs in the future.) 3.5/5

Gurren Lagann 1-9
For a while there I thought this is going to be one those shows where every time the stakes get raised the good guys manage to find a way to magically improve and overcome it and everybody shouts a lot. But then Kamina went and got him self killed and s*** got serious!

Crusher Joe: Trap of the Ice Prison OVA. I hadn't seen this before now and it looks amazing for such an old OVA really clean crisp art and really nice animation. Just like the movie it's packed with action and fun moments. Discotek did an amazing job with how the DVD looks as well. Going to try and get the other OVA watched this week as well.

HWR and Professor Irony: judging by the kinds of cult movies you both often watch you'd find a lot to love in my video collection besides just the anime titles.

Last edited:
Kiniro Mosaic-Episodes 7-12 (Complete)

Wow, I only intended to watch a couple then I ended up finishing the lot!

Katanagatari-Episode 1

Love the artstyle here, looks so unique and colourful. Was also a pretty fun time, balancing action and dialogue well. Not overly keen on the episodes being almost an hour long each, I prefer short form when it comes to anime, but oh well, enjoyable nonetheless.

31 Days of Halloween Day 4: Hex (1980, Johnson Tsao) This was a rather strange and bizarre film that could be seen as one of the originators in Asian horror cinema. The setting and cinematography was impressive and the transfer from 88films is pretty solid for such an obscure film. Had no idea what was going on by the ending though.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 27

Popee the Performer
episodes 1-10 Oh boy these shorts are random and crudely animated by today's standards, but are awkwardly enjoyable and charming. (you can find all 39 episodes on YouTube as one video if you're curious)

Texhnolyze
episodes 1-10

Gurren Lagann 10-15
Kaminas death eventually brings out the best in Simon (best name in the world BTW ;) even if they pronounce it differently) and we get back to the OTT battles. Be interesting to see what happens next after the Spiral Kings warning.
Any need to watch 16, BTW?

Yesterday managed to get an entire day to chill, so did some catching up and checking out of this season new shows.

So watched episodes 2-12 of The Eccentric Family 2.
As well as the first episodes for this season of Love is like a cocktail, Urahara (not sure about this one at all), Sengoku Night Blood, Black Clover, Juni Taisen: Zodiac Wars, Konohana Kitan. So far only thing that will probably be a must watch each week looks like Zodiac Wars depending on next week episode.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon? (eps 1-2)
Made a start on the beginning of this series which I've been meaning to do for a while now. Seems enjoyable enough so far.

Back