Your viewing journal

Finished Eden's Zero.
Entertaining easy going show with occasional dark bits.
Likeable male MC and well designed female characters. If you know what I mean.
I would have liked more of the space pirate from an early episode

Finished Eden's Zero.
Entertaining easy going show with occasional dark bits.
Likeable male MC and well designed female characters. If you know what I mean.
I would have liked more of the space pirate from an early episode

I liked everything about that show apart from the
grimmer comeuppances certain villains got that were rather brutal.
I finished it very recently as well, I watched it dubbed on Netflix.

Finished Durarara season 1 so automatically starterd on Durarara X2 Shou.

Half way through so far and I'm very happy with the show. Plenty of new, interesting characters, lots of overlapping events/plot points, ongoing 'mystery'. I'm missing certain characters who are sidelined due to the plot, but i assume they'll become more involved as i move through this Ten and Ketsu.

Serial Experiments Lain complete series: I though I had seen this back when it was first released but I'm sure I'd remember if I had. Very surreal tale of a girl in the machine (or out of it, depending on your perspective). I can't say it made much sense and I am still unclear about why Lain looked like a ten year old, acted like she was on depressants, dressed like an old lady, and was apparently old enough to go to a nightclub (with others who also looked like primary school kids). Lots of moody silences in this series. Overall, I enjoyed it... I think.

First completed series of 2022

Zombieland Saga Season 2

Episode 11 reminded me about SCK girls <3

Just a bit of explanation

Before I say anything further, I doubt Zombieland Saga was actually based on any of the following, I just found it an interesting comparison

Frist who are SCK Girls

SCK Girls (SCK45) was formed after the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake to bring the community back together. Helping out and singing to bring back smiles to the community

This was pretty much what Episodes 11 and 12 of S2 Zombieland Saga was

On to something a little less happy, sorry :(

Abe Kenichi handed over Management of SCK Girls to Rise in 2013 and unfortunatly passed away in 2014 due to cancer :(

This could have been touched upon in E12, before the encore the girls were in the dressing room and Koutarou had a coughing fit and coughed up blood, this is a sign that his health is in poor condition

Last edited:
Blade Runner: Black Lotus eps 7 & 8
Visiting the doctor and trusting ones intuition. Episode 8 was a bit of a recap, but instead of nothing but earlier scenes cut together they put in some new scenes as connective tissue and actually forwarded the plot a little at the end.

Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc eps 4 & 5
Discovery and flashy.

Sorairo Utility OVA (complete)
Imagination.
Not a golf fan at all, but would definitely watch a series of this as the characters all seem like fun. Seems like this would be roughly the equivalent of a third episode after the set up and first few games, but before new characters join and then Minami would get better and they'd win a tournament or something.
The art and animation was nice.
7/10

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom
OVA (complete)
The stories of how the gang met Caterina and changed their lives. Basically a recap of the part of season 1 where they were children. I think there were a few new scenes, but not much.
6/10

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
The Faraway Paladin (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

Persona 5: the Animation (Rewatch) episodes 16-26 & SP 1-2 (Complete. Upon rewatch this still felt uneven and a mixed bag of an adaptation, though the voice cast do well with their reprised roles here.) 3/5

The Legend of Kentauros

I had watched this raw earlier in the year in preparation of the motorcycle podcast episode and very happy to see it get a very good fansub from some enthusiasts. I quite liked it and might review it on the podcast at some point.

AMAIM Warrior on the Borderline - Episode 13

A good conclusion to the Ghost battle and to a good run of episodes that leaves the show in a good place at its midpoint, looking forward to the second part in April.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 41 - 46 (Blu-ray)

X-Bomber - Episodes 12 - 15

Eighty Six - Episode 12

Picking 86 back up now that some other shows have finished.

I liked everything about that show apart from the
grimmer comeuppances certain villains got that were rather brutal.
I finished it very recently as well, I watched it dubbed on Netflix.
I'm not upset by much but if you are referring to what I think you are then I agree.
The general tone did not require something like that.
Japanese with subtitles for me.

Aria the Animation eps 5-8 (dub)
Compared to modern laid back SoL shows this practically comatose! Oh, and the mascot character is annoying and got a whole episode (8) dedicated to it!

As season 2 is starting next week and I've been playing the game for nearly a year now I thought I'd rewatch:
Princess Connect! Re: Dive eps 1-3
They did a good job of putting a lot of stuff into the anime from the game, other than the characters and the overall plot of course. The names of the special moves, the music and other little things here and there like when Kokkoro gives Yuuki a little stamp card for his hard work which is a copy of the login bonus tracker you see every time you login for a new day. There's been a few cameos of some of the other girls, but not many, although now the main characters are set up I expect to see more of them from now on.

Last edited:
Photon: The Idiot Adventures OVA A sci-fi adventure comedy that was fairly fun and brisk due to being six episodes. 3.5/5

Project A-Ko-although I've seen this 5 or 6 times I watched the new version made from the 35mm film copy and it was like viewing it after a thick haze had been removed, it made all the previous dvd releases look like utter crap (which they were).

Aria the Animation eps 5-8
Compared to modern laid back SoL shows this practically comatose! Oh, and the mascot character is annoying and got a whole episode (8) dedicated to it!

Out of curiosity did you watch sub or dub? (as sometimes if a show's a bit slow dub is easier for me cuz I can do something else at the same time). Also, I can't remember if you said you've watched it or not, but Amanchu is definitely more lively so I would advise not letting the Aria connection put you off if you don't much care for Aria but enjoy slice of life shows :)

sub or dub?
Dub. Forgot to mention that.
I've seen a few people mention it down the years here and it's on the PTW. I see they share the same director and he also did the series composition on AtA, although I wouldn't say it was his fault as I read the first volume of the manga and found it equally slow going.
I would still want to see the sequel series, Aria the Natural, as Mari Okada takes over the screenplay duties.

Aria the Animation eps 9 & 10 (dub)
More slacking off!

Princess Connect! Re: Dive eps 4-7
More of the other girls certainly do pop up here. This was fun before I played the game, but it's even more fun now after playing it and getting to know all the characters through their stories in game.

On to the new season:
Hakozume: Police in a Pod ep 1
Seems like it'll be quite funny with plenty of wry humour.

Police In A Pod-not impressed by this at all-this was previously done years ago (and much better). Remember "You're Under Arrest"? I sure do.

Back