Your viewing journal

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 45

Dr. STONE: New World Part 2 Episode 21

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 12

The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 Episode 47

How Do You Live? a.k.a. The Boy and the Heron internationally, is Hayao Miyazaki’s 12th feature film and easily his most personal. A semi-autobiographical coming-of-age tale about devastating loss and what comes after. A beautifully languid picture that is also borderline an art film however it’s third act steers into a more conventional “MIYAZAKI” finale. Despite it’s faults, How Do You Live? is a stunningly display of artistry from Miyazaki Sr. who crafts his most poignant farewell since The Wind Rises.

★ ★ ★ ★ out of 5 stars

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Episode 15 Filling the role.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 Episode 23 Decision.

Goblin Slayer II Episode 23 Dungeon delving.

Our Dating Story: The Experienced You and The Inexperienced Me Episode 11 Worries.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 Episode 49 Delusional pride.

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 15 Suited up.

Goblin Slayer II episode 11 Rescue.

The Kingdoms of Ruin episode 11 Never stop.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 episode 49 Humbled.

Undead Unluck episode 11 Tailored.

Kaze no Shoujo Emily episodes 22-26 (Complete. A historical drama series that was decent but not as good as similar anime like Anne of Green Gables.) 3/5

Kaze no Yojimbo
episodes 1-19

Banished from the Hero's Party: rewatch, mostly while sitting at Dusseldorf airport waiting for the plane (and wondering whether they were going to charge me extra for all the German Christmas biscuits I have squeezed into my bag - safe!). I do enjoy this series.

Sgt Frog: episodes 128-130. Hehe, silly. Still ten hours before I've finished this disc.

Celestial Method complete series: I enjoyed that. Very much in the vein of Kanon, where the lead character returns to their home town after years away having forgotten very important events that happened (I think she was around 6/7 when she left and returned at 13/14). Lots of mystery and a huge glowing disc in the sky above the town. Well worth the pittance I paid for it in the Sentai sale and I think it's a keeper.

Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange episode 12 Sinking.

Ragna Crimson episode 12 Intuition.

Spy x Family Season 2 episode 36 Strong connections.

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess episode 10 Leader.

Kaze no Yojimbo episodes 20-25 (Complete. This was intriguing up to around the midway point but lost me a bit in the final stretch - the references to Akira Kurosawa’s Yojimbo were cool though.) 3/5

Kekkaishi
episodes 1-18

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 21

Goblin Slayer II (English Dub) Episode 21

Management of a Novice Alchemist (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 47

I Shall Survive Using Potions! (English Dub) Episode 9

Spy x Family Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 34

A Returner's Magic Should Be Special Episode 11 Infiltration.

I Shall Survive Using Potions! Episode 11 Treasure.

Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 36 Strong connections.

Tearmoon Empire Episode 11 Duel.

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy Episode 12 (Complete)

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess Episode 10 Commander.

Dark Gathering episode 24 Project.

MF Ghost episode 12 Rain. (Complete. Though it hasn’t reached the heights that Initial D has in the past, this shows promise and we’re getting more in 2024 which is cool.) 3.5/5

One Piece
episode 1088 Stories.

Overtake! episode 12 A winning snapshot. (Complete. This was a very good series that had some solid character moments.) 4/5

Shangri-La Frontier
episode 12 Skip.

THE IDOLM@STER Million Live! episode 11 Sleepless.

Kekkaishi episodes 19-39

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You (English Dub) Episode 8

Berserk of Gluttony Episode 12 Pillar. (Complete. A decent fantasy series overall for which I would definitely welcome a second season should one ever materialise.) 3/5

Overtake!
Episode 12 Maiden win. (Complete. A fairly good original anime portraying the challenges of F4.) 3.5/5

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You
Episode 11 Love test.

Back