Your viewing journal

Beautiful Bones complete series: How dare they end the series just as the action was reaching a climax. Especially with the opening credits hinting at some tragedy in Sakurako's past involving her brother (and the poisoned cats). I want more!!!

Look Ma, I’m back to watching anime !!!

I’ve been watching a bunch of stuff lately. I went through 3 seasons of Haikyuu !! a while ago (shoutout to Production IG for turning a single match into 10 episodes and not only avoiding it feeling absurd but also crafting such a compelling series).

Then I watched Chainsaw Man, which felt like I was watching an important, landmark anime with a very cohesive and strong style.

That led into me watching Jujutsu Kaisen, which I enjoyed a lot, between fun characters and frequence of fights. Powers are reminiscent of Hunter x Hunter at times, it’s a lot of fun.

I felt like continuing this great shonen streak and rewatched Demon Slayer Entertainment District arc. My opinion of it has actually lessened, thanks to the pacing and characters of JJK. Too much time is spent on uninteresting plot and I’m afraid to say I don’t really like any of the characters aside from maybe Tengen for being so larger than life. Tanjiro is ok, but I liked him better before growing tired of his good boi thing.

I immediately started JJK S2 and felt like I was watching something akin to Chainsaw Man, an exceptionally high quality piece of art, something that will be remembered for a long time to come. I was so impressed dude. The artistic licence on display 🥵🥵🥵 granted, I haven’t read the manga but from the information I’ve gathered, many of the fights weren’t nearly as exciting.

And finally, I marathoned Attack on Titan, now that it’s over and it delivered and then some. The story is conveyed in such interesting ways and throughout it will make you look at similar situations in a different light, transforming how you see events and characters. That something so sprawling feels so well thought out and most of all sticks the landing is nothing short of unbelievable. I loved this and can’t wait to eventually rewatch it knowing what I know now after the ending.

I felt like Mappa only really rivaled the action scenes from WIT in one of the final episodes for S4P2 (lol) and the second special but otherwise it was visually not on the same level. It’s ok though since by the point the change happens, you are so deeply invested in the story that it’s almost inconsequential. Still, it generally looked ok.

I started Black Lagoon, hope I enjoy it. Third time I’m trying to watch it.

Berserk (1997)
Finishing this sure is one way to start the year...
Fantastic series all the same and it's cool to see what would later inspire FromSoftware's work on the Souls games. The ending is just a lot to process and I think I gotta watch something more relaxing like Aria next. I feel dreadful after those last two episodes.

Berserk’s ED is incredible, but after the ending, it hits like a hammer

to your soul

One of the all-time greats and the only adaptation to capture the sheer horror of Berserk’s world.

Oh you're gonna hate me for this. After the first episode I skipped both the OP and ED every time. I just didn't vibe with them unfortunately.

I do this with every anime I watch. I always watch the OP and ED just once, and then skip over them in every other episode, whether I love them or hate them. I really wish "Movie Mode" was still a thing and an option available on the disc menu of every anime series, so I wouldn't have to wear out the skip forward button on my remote.

Oh you're gonna hate me for this. After the first episode I skipped both the OP and ED every time. I just didn't vibe with them unfortunately.

Understandable, it was a while before I got into the OP, even if the ED immediately worked for me.

I skip most OPs and EDs after the first, unless I really enjoy them, in which case, they become part of the experience (Casshern Sins OP, Star Driver OP, DRRR!! OP, Megalobox and Nomad OPs, etc)

Black Lagoon 1-8, enjoying it a lot ! Gotta start planning what I’m watching next, don’t know if FMA or Cardcaptor Sakura.

Black Lagoon 1-8, enjoying it a lot! Gotta start planning what I’m watching next

If you like Black Lagoon, you should check out Jormungand if you haven't seen that yet. They are similarly themed anime to some extent, just in one the main group are mercenaries and in the other arms dealers. I actually like Jormungand a bit more than Black Lagoon...

Kings Game episode 1-12

That was a hard watch with all the deaths, certainly not a title I will be watching again. Only had it on my backlog due to being included in an AL mystery box.

Classroom of the Elite III episode 1 Collaboration.

Ishura episode 1 The first one.

Heaven’s Official Blessing Season 2 episode 10 Blood.

Kodocha episodes 36-48

Back