Your viewing journal

Chained Soldier episode 9 Reunion.

Dungeon Meshi episode 9 Finding a way.

The Witch and the Beast episode 7 Breaking the ice.

Major 2nd 2nd Season episodes 46-50 (Complete. An engaging franchise overall with the fourth and fifth seasons of Major being the strongest, though there were some lulls here and there, especially the first third of Major Season six. Major 2nd acted as a solid successor series as well though the second season was better in my eyes and the lead more engaging despite the ending being a bit of a downer at times.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 4/5, 4/5, 3/5, 3/5, 3.5/5

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression (Film)
, Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion (Film), & Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust (Film) A very solid and gritty sci-fi trilogy. 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Episode 25 Strategy plan.

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash Episode 8 Huntch.

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic Episode 9 Regrets.

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 25 Special.

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to pick up Trash episode 8 Presence.

Undead Unluck episode 21 Loaded.

Maze: The Mega-Burst Space OVA, Maze: The Mega-Burst Space (TV) episodes 1-21

Spy x Family Episodes 1-12 (English dubbed) - I hear (from a friend D) that the manga does a better job with Yor as a character, I did enjoy these episodes, particularly Anya who is just sooo cute and entertaining, and I don't think I'll cancel my pre-order of the LE of Season 1 Part 2, but I can see why friend D might have said that and I will probably check out the manga at some point to see what I think of it :)

Maison Ikkoku Episodes 73-85 (REWATCH, English dubbed) - hopefully I can think of something more in depth to say when I've finished it XP

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 11-14 (REWATCH) - With friend B... poor Buffy 😭❤️

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2/Descending Stories Episodes 1-4 (English subbed) - So good! :)

Helluva Boss Pilot + Episodes 1-3 - With friend B as well, wanted to watch this given how much we both enjoyed Hazbin Hotel :)

A Sign of Affection episode 9 The great outdoors.

Blue Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati Saga episode 6 Appointed time.

Bucchigiri?! episode 7 In the ring.

Detective Conan episode 1115 Masquerade.

Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange episode 20

Kingdom 5th Season episode 137 Tightly bound.

Mashle 2nd Season episode 20 Babble.

Ragna Crimson episode 20 The next time.

Solo Leveling episode 8 Only natural.

Maze: The Mega-Burst Space (TV) episodes 22-25 (Complete. A late 90’s fantasy outing with a few OVAs as well - there is also apparently a 42-minute film that’s currently considered missing/lost media which is a curio I suppose.) 3/5

Mazinger Z
episodes 1-14

Tales of Wedding Ring's (Uncensored) Episode 9 Bonding date.

The Dangers in My Heart Season 2 Episode 21 Secret fan.

The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids Episode 9 Conquered.

Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 episode 9 Deep flavour.

One Piece episode 1096 Into the void.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 21 Scales and skills.

The Fire Hunter 2nd Season episode 18 Throttle.

Mazinger Z episodes 15-33

7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Episode 9

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 Episode 9

Fluffy Paradise Episode 10

The Great Pretender Season 1 Episodes 1-4 (English dubbed) - Pretty neat so far, am looking forward to watching the rest of it and glad I picked up the deluxe edition :)

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2/Descending Stories Episode 5 (English subbed) - great, just in the middle of ep 6 atm :)

Maison Ikkoku TV Episodes 86-96 COMPLETE (REWATCH, English dubbed) - I did really enjoy rewatching this and thought both sets of dub actors (according to Wikipedia, the show was partially dubbed for the VHS release then they finished dubbing it with different VAs when it was released on DVD) did a great job (and Yotsuya's English VAs were both hilariously funny). I found Yusaku and Kyoko's contrasting personalities interesting, where he is a bit of a pushover and really struggles to say no, whereas she can be stubborn to a fault, Yusaku also contrasts with Mitaka, there were points where I legitimately disliked Mitaka for trying to push Kyoko into marrying him via her parents approval of him, but the show's strength in it's handling of him as a character lies in giving him an actual fleshed out personality with strengths and weaknesses, rather than just defining him as an unlikeable romantic rival and nothing but. I can see why @HWR found the supporting cast obnoxious, I would somewhat agree - they can be very selfish as neighbours go and they put Godai through a lot but they do grow as people to a degree throughout the show, and I did find them entertaining on the whole more so than irritating. There were also some very cute dogs in the show which added to my enjoyment. I will probably be seeking out "Side Story: Ikkoku Island Flirtation Story", "Prelude, When the Cherry Blossoms Return in the Spring", and "Maison Ikkoku Final Chapter" but the TV series tells a satisfying complete story in it's own right and draws things out to a considerably less excessive degree than other anime based on Rumiko Takahashi manga have been wont to do (also just wanna be clear that I was totally rooting for Godai, but wanted to give them some credit for fleshing out Mitaka's character anyway) :)

Last edited:
Hidamari Sketch X OVA specials: summer holidays. Disappointed that the picture of the girls in the bikinis behind the main menu didn't appear in either show. Just one season to go (and maybe I'll start again).

Fafner Exodus: picked this up for pennies on my trip to Malaysia last year. Didn't realise it was the first half of a sequel to Fafner. Gave up after the first episode as had no idea what was going on. All big mecha and mysterious alien invaders.

Also rewatched Immoral Guild, as I needed something tacky and stop-startable while waiting for IT to fix all the work problems.

Non anime watching this week included the complete Clangers, which was a delight.

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (English Dub) Episode 9

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
Episode 9

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil Episode 9

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess Episode 9

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 21

‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess episode 9 Insatiable hunger.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 21 Softie.

Mazinger Z episodes 34-47

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2/Descending Stories Episodes 6-7 (English subbed) - My reaction to this show is very Yotarou XP

A Certain Scientific Railgun T/Season 3 (English dubbed) - Another great season and I love the ensemble cast of this show who mostly are all pretty memorable and work well together as characters, am looking forward to watching A Certain Scientific Accelerator, and will hopefully enjoy Index S3 and the Miracle of Endymion movie when I get to those as well :)

Back