Your viewing journal

Delicious in Dungeon ep9-10

It feels like this is finally starting to solidify into a more definite story, with ep9 in particular adding substantially more dramatic conflict than we’ve seen so far. I hope it’ll run for two cours continuously, if they stop at one I think it’ll have ended just as it was getting good._

My Adventures With Superman ep1

Channel 4 were at one point trying to bill this as ’shonen’, which is… a take, but it’s certainly not hard to see the influence anime has had on it. As a show, it’s fine though. It’s not on the same visual level as the likes of Batman TAS and the action feels a little ordinary, but the group dynamic between Clark, Lois and Jimmy Olsen is thoroughly charming, and it’s all endearingly tongue in cheek.

My Adventures With Superman ep1

Channel 4 were at one point trying to bill this as ’shonen’, which is… a take, but it’s certainly not hard to see the influence anime has had on it. As a show, it’s fine though. It’s not on the same visual level as the likes of Batman TAS and the action feels a little ordinary, but the group dynamic between Clark, Lois and Jimmy Olsen is thoroughly charming, and it’s all endearingly tongue in cheek.

I loved the first episode of this so much, really want to watch the rest :)

The Sacred Blacksmith episodes 7-12: what a mess. It seemed like they were introducing entire new plots/characters/villains in each episode, then getting bored and having them wander off. And that final episode where
the bad guy was about to kill them after disarming them, but decided to stand there and watch them forge a new sword and give each other hope and confidence. Frankly, he deserved that sword in his belly after that.

Also watched two more Don Knotts films (The Shakiest Gun In The West and The Love God) before posting it off to my friend for her birthday, and my first AKB48 DVD (bought three for a tenner of eBay).

7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Episode 10

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 Episode 10

Fluffy Paradise Episode 11

Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 episode 10 Partner.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 22 Strip and scarf.

The Fire Hunter 2nd Season episode 19 Different.

Medabots episodes 35-52 (Complete. Though some episodes were stronger than others this was a fun series and I’m looking forward to watching the follow-up next.) 3.5/5

Lord of Lords Ryu Knight - Episodes 1- 5

I watched the Ryu Knight OVA a few years ago (which is an alternate retelling of the TV series), the first part of was very, very good and I've sat on the TV series for years. It follows on from the success of Sunrise's previous mini mecha adventure series Spirit Hero Wataru (which in turn also inspired Ashi Production's NG Knight franchise a few years later). So far it's formulaic as you would expect but very entertaining, and also surprisingly good looking.

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - Episode 9

Bravern continues to get better and better.

Synduality Noir - Episodes 14 & 15

This is also proving to be a very entertaining show as well.

*Though I should watch Turn A at some point

You should definitely watch Turn A, it's a fantastic series :)

The Great Pretender Episodes 5-10 (English dubbed)

Kids on the Slope Episodes 2-4 (REWATCH, English subbed) - Continuing on with friend A :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episode 15 (REWATCH) - With friend B :)

Helluva Boss Season 1 Episodes 4-6 - With friend B also :)

Spy x Family Season 1 Part 2/Episodes 13-25 COMPLETE (English dubbed) - I really enjoy watching Anya be a kid she's just so cute and funny and sweet, I like the other parts and characters of the show just fine but she is the standout for me, and I'm looking forward to Code White, have heard somewhat mixed things about what's aired of Season 2 but I'll at least try it and make my own mind up :)

Kimi ni Todoke Season 1 COMPLETE (REWATCH, English dubbed) - I love this show so much am really looking forward to rewatching Season 2 and watching Season 3 when that's released too! Sawako is such a wonderfully endearing main character and I love Chizu and Yano as well and Kazehaya and honestly it's just such a lovely heartwarming series 🥰

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2 COMPLETE (English subbed) - I honestly feel honored to have been able to spend time with these characters and witness their journeys through life, this was a beautiful series that I am extremely glad I took the time to watch :)

‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess episode 10 Beach brawl.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 22 My job.

Medabots Spirits episodes 1-14

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (English Dub) Episode 10

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
Episode 10 Assigned.

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil Episode 10 Punishment.

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess Episode 10 Boisterous beach brawls.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 22 My job.

Last edited:
Classroom of the Elite III episode 11 Provocation.

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp episode 10 Debris.

Metallic Rouge episode 10 Voices.

Ishura episode 11 Burst.

Sengoku Youko episode 10 Preparation.

Medabots Spirits episodes 30-39 (Complete. A weaker season that loses a few notable members of the supporting cast.) 3/5

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp Episode 10

Gushing over Magical Girls (Uncensored) Episode 11

Metallic Rouge Episode 10

Sengoku Youko Episode 10

Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord Episode 10

Chained Soldier episode 11 Cozy.

Dungeon Meshi episode 11 Cutting through the fat.

The Witch and the Beast episode 9 Kiss.

Mezzo DSA episodes 1-13 (complete. An action series spin-off that was decent but unremarkable.) 3/5

Back