Your viewing journal

Unlike many people, I don't have a problem with large age gaps in relationships, so from the content of the letter, I'm actually rooting for them to be able to get together in the future - but maybe in another 5+ years.

I guess it’s not the age gap itself but the age gap with him being so young. If he was in his early 20s then and she was early 30s, go nuts. My partner is 7 years my senior but let’s just say I have a few decades on the characters in the film 🤣

Wreck-It Ralph (REWATCH) - Def one of Disney's best CGI features, colourful and inventive with a good character arc for Ralph and Vanellope and plenty of fun stuff involving Fix-It Felix and Sergeant Calhoun as well :)

The Mysterious Cities of Gold Season 1 Episodes 31-39 COMPLETE (English dubbed) - I feel like I should have paid a bit more attention towards the end but my knee is hurting it's been a tough few days, still I think this absolutely deserves it's status as a classic family adventure anime, I enjoyed the mini-documentaries at the end of each episode as well :)

Wreck-it Ralph is def underrated. I need to watch Breaks the Internet again as I’ve only seen that once but the first one does a great job at world building and is just fun from start to finish.

I was actually in a Mysterious Cities of Gold Wikipedia hole the other day. Are you planning on watching the newer series?

Wreck-it Ralph is def underrated. I need to watch Breaks the Internet again as I’ve only seen that once but the first one does a great job at world building and is just fun from start to finish.

I was actually in a Mysterious Cities of Gold Wikipedia hole the other day. Are you planning on watching the newer series?

Haven't seen Breaks the Internet but it's on my list of things to watch :)

I might watch the newer series but prob only if I can find them in French w English subs as the English dub sounded awful in the trailer I saw for S2 sadly :(

Konosuba Season 3 Episode 1. Ugh, this entire episode was nothing but screaming and yelling, the anime trope I absolutely despise and the biggest reason most anime comedy turns me off. The first two seasons were not so overdone and I enjoyed those episodes, but I just can't watch this. I'll watch one more episode and if it is as irritating as this first episode, I'll be dropping it.

Felt the same by the way, I didn't find this episode funny at all. I wonder if my tastes have changed as well though, it's been a while since the previous 2 seasons were made. I'll give episode 2 a watch but am not holding my breath!

Astro Note Episode 2

HIGHSPEED Étoile Episode 2

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 50

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 Episode 2

The Misfit at Demon King Academy II Part 2 Episode 26

Astro Note episode 2 Unexpected arrival.

Nijiyon Animation 2 episode 2 Reminisce.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 50 Approval and disapproval.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 episode 40 Pout.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors episodes 1-2 Petals and girls on film.

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 episode 41 Late night meeting.

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 6 episode 76 & Specials, Natsume's Book of Friends Movie: Ephemeral Bonds (Film), Natsume's Book of Friends: The Waking Rock and the Strange Visitor (Film) This has been one of the most consistent fantasy series’ I’ve seen, and it managed to remain a great watch across six seasons and two films which is a feat - I can’t wait for season 7. 4/5, 4/5, 4/5, 4/5, 4/5, 4/5, 4/5, 4/5, 3.5/5

Natsuyuki Rendezvous
episodes 1-11 (Complete. A supernatural romance drama that left me rather cold despite some interesting ideas.) 2.5/5

Last edited:
Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Japanese) - Episode 2

Bartender: Glass of God (Japanese) - Episode 2

Astro Note (Japanese) - Episode 2

A Condition Called Love (Japanese) - Episode 2

Delicious in Dungeon (English) - Episode 14 - 15

Re: Zero season 1 episodes 13-25: I remember now why I only watching this series once and never felt an urge to give it another go (until I had season 2 sitting on the shelf glaring at me for 9 months). Subaru is so annoying. He shouts, screams, whines, lies, cheats, breaks promises, is patronising to the ladies (only I can protect you, despite you knowing all the rules of this world and having super powers, because I am a man), refuses to learn anything about a political/social/cultural situation until after he's jumped in with some stupid declaration etc etc. I can only hope season 2 is better. Sadly, I can't hope they kill him off as his skill is returning from the dead.

Re: Zero season 1 episodes 13-25: I remember now why I only watching this series once and never felt an urge to give it another go (until I had season 2 sitting on the shelf glaring at me for 9 months). Subaru is so annoying. He shouts, screams, whines, lies, cheats, breaks promises, is patronising to the ladies (only I can protect you, despite you knowing all the rules of this world and having super powers, because I am a man), refuses to learn anything about a political/social/cultural situation until after he's jumped in with some stupid declaration etc etc. I can only hope season 2 is better. Sadly, I can't hope they kill him off as his skill is returning from the dead.

TBF the series is meant to be something of a deconstruction/subversion of typical isekai tropes? I didn't mind Subaru too much myself but my point is you're prob not supposed to find him super likeable. That said if you really can't stand him I understand not being keen on the series ofc :)

Shangri-La Frontier ep1-4

If a friend of mine hadn’t talked it up to me, I’d probably never have bothered trying this MMO-themed fantasy adventure, but it seems pretty solid. There isn’t much at stake in the story so far beyond the main character looking for a challenge, but he seems like a more believable protagonist than you’d normally associate with these kind of shows and his surprisingly expressive, dorky bird-mask wearing avatar is still amusing four episodes in. I don’t know that I’ll watch a lot of this, but I’ll likely stick with it for a while.

Urusei Yatsura (1981) ep6

Pretty sure this is one I’d seen before, but it’s a real standout for the show so far - Lum harassing Ataru while he’s trying to phone Shinobu leads to an unexpected embarrassment of great one-liners (which CR will no longer let me take screenshots of ;____; ) I think possibly Lum does come across as more psychotic in these early episodes, compared with how the show develops though.

The Fable ep1-2

I was keeping my expectations low for this one, but it’s been a pleasant surprise so far - a darkly comic low-key Yakuza serial about a sad sack hitman forced into hiding, it’s exactly my kind of thing. I’m not sure it gains a whole lot by being animated as opposed to doing it in live action (ideally in about 1975 and starring either Bunta Sugiwara or Sonny Chiba), but fill your boots I guess. Also surprised to see Ryosuke Takahashi on directing duty, I kind of thought he’d retired.

Black Butler: Public School Arc episode 1 His Butler, finally getting another season.

Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night episode 2 Who I am.

Kaiju No. 8 episode 1 Countdown.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 2 Serious look.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included episode 3 Cold communication.

The Fable episode 2 Nosing in.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 2 Sports.

Whisper Me a Love Song episode 1 At first sight.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episodes 1-2 Tea party and taking the offensive.

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge OVAs 1-4 (Complete. A fun supernatural action series given a nice release by Discotek Media.) 3.5/5

Ningen Fushin - Adventurers Who Don’t Believe in Humanity Will Save the World
episodes 1-9

Last edited:
Blue Archive The Animation episode 2 Service.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! episode 2 How villains are.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again episode 2 Troubles.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 2 Thank you.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 episode 14 The perfect bride.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 2 Fighting fit.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 episode 26 Reunite.

Ningen Fushin - Adventurers Who Don’t Believe in Humanity Will Save the World episodes 10-12 (Complete. This turned out be better than I expected, despite one or two episodes not being as good.) 3.5/5

Ninja Robots Tobikage
episodes 1-12

Last edited:
Kaiju No. 8 (English) - Episode 1

Black Butler: Public School Arc (Japanese) - Episode 1

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! (Japanese) - Episode 2

Mission: Yozakura Family (Japanese) - Episode 2

I completely failed at re-watching Black Butler before S4 was out but I still remember all the main plot points from the canon material in the anime.

I was also going to wait for the English dub of it as that's how I've always watched Black Butler but I was to impatient and this was a great first episode, so glad the series is back with new content.

Back