Your viewing journal

Haruhi - 6-10 - Still got my attention, I dont know why either, its a bit like Mushishi where is just has a little twinkle about it that keeps you going.

Death Note - 30-33

DBZ - 36-39

Zipang 7-11 - I started watching and really just couldn't stop, i was engrossed in the story. At the start i wasn't sure if i would like Zipang. I love war and history and i wasn't sure how an anime show could portray it, but Zipang has blown me away. The story is interesting and in context, yes even though they do travel back in time they don't run around blowing things up. The thought that has been put into the storyline and script is precise to the detail. I can't get enough of Zipang and i'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode.

Hataraki Man 7 - I shall now refer to Hataraki Man as the idiots guide to life in a Japanese Company. Every episode seems to cover a different aspect and today we see the affects of stress and pressure on the cast. Again not alot of story but a big dollop of development, 4 episodes to go and i hope they move onto some other story rather than another peice of development. Granted it is limited in the ways it can go, but hell, be creative once in a while.

Coyote Ragtime Show - finished the series last night and loved every minute I really would like to see a more relaxed second series though, with many robberies in it rather then just concentrating one series on one heist

RahXephon 1-5 - going to see what its like tonight.
Darker than Black 4 - really enjoying the series now, glad i got into it.
Claymore 12

Zipang 12/13 - Doesn't fail to deliver at all. I just love the action and the oh-so-tense atmosphere created over the span of the series. Now we finally see Kusaka's true intentions coming out. Some of the best epsiodes by far have been in this story arc, but the next episode looks to be the best of the series so far. Now we finally get to see the Mirai go against the legendary Yamato. I never thought i would be so stoked over a war themed anime but i haven't had as much enjoyment out of an action show since i watched Black Lagoon.

Hataraki Man 8 - Finally a bit more story, hooray. While we see another character introduced, there must be one new character per episode, it was a decent episode. Kept my interest long enough but some parts are getting a bit repetitive, i just feel like a change or something fersh wouldn't go wrong. Incredibly catchy music to this show, i can't get it out of my head.

OMG! :shock:

Just seen episode 36 of Death Note. What a cliffhanger! You can't leave us hanging there, we need to know what happens next.... Damnit!!!

M.G xx

Zipang 14/15 - Absolutley fantastic, i could not be happier. Some of the best atmosphere i have seen from an anime. The music, the scenery, the characters. They all just blended to create one super tense, action packed episode. Episode 14 is the Mirai vs. the Yamato. Two ships from different era's go head to head and it was bloody fantastic in execution. And no, none of them got sunk. Epsiode 15 saw the soldiers from the 21st century get down to the nitty gritty killing, it reminded me of scenes i've seen a million times over in other action flicks but it was still good and brilliant for character development. I'm now stuck at a crossroads for Zipang, it's been bloody brilliant so far. But my main issue is can it keep it up for that spectacular ending, these 15 episodes have been great to watch and i've been on the edge of my seat for most, if not all, of them. With 11 episodes left i'm just hoping they can keep this up and deliver that great ending.

Go watch this, now!

Hataraki Man 9 - I'm a bit worried about Hataraki Man. With two episodes left after this i'm looking back over the last 9 episodes and thinking, has anything actually happened. My answer, no. There is a bunch of character development in each episode but from this standpoint i'm looking back and seeing have any of the characters actually changed. They still work themselves to death and screwing up thier relationships because of it, but can this be changed by the last episode? Hataraki Man is episodic in it's delivery so it's hard to build up something we can see changing over time, or a goal that needs to be achieved. But none of them have really excelled, spare a few earlier episodes. To me it just feels repetitive at the moment with no sense of moving forward, this may change in the last two episodes. But if anything does i'll put money on it being rushed and crammed into a 10 minute slot.

Rewatching: Tokyo Underground Episode 1-5

I really Like this series, the only thing that annoyed me is that they rushed the last couple of episodes, especially the ending when Rumina looks like hes gonna have a very huge battle with the Undergrounds Boss and possibly a dragon & It immediately jumps to a scene were they are all in a meadow. If they had of possibly had of extended the tournement stage of the story & the Final battle it would have been a great solid anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manga Girls said:
OMG! :shock:

Just seen episode 36 of Death Note. What a cliffhanger! You can't leave us hanging there, we need to know what happens next.... Damnit!!!

M.G xx

Agreed, it was an awesome episode. Supposedly something is going to differ between the anime and the manga, perhaps it means Light will win over Near?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back