Your viewing journal

Ryo Chan said:
i'm just waiting for the "Auu" "Uguu" battle between Ayu and Motoko
Things take a dramatic turn in the episode ahead of you. Alas, the developments awaiting one of these characters are somewhat more sobering than what one may expect.

GTO: 1-29 (re-watched 1-20)

With episode 20 out of the way, SP started doing what they do worst: filler. They added some crappy back-story to Azusa to extend an excellent single chapter into two episodes, ruining it in the process; they had Onizuka teach Uchi's daughter and Uchi take on the riot police in an ape costume and, in order to extend a side-story section of the manga and get the main character in the picture (like in Naruto), they inserted Onizuka and some random students into Tomoko's once amusing story, also extending it by repeating the Tomoko contest drama of old.

And, maybe even worse, there was a two episode filler arc which borrowed a character from the prequel manga, SP made Onizuka/Ryuji not know her and repeated her story from the prequel. Isn't this sort of thing known as 'retcon', or something?

It's a shame because, though I wasn't fond of the adaptation originally, I warmed to the first 20 episodes of the anime when I went through them without a clear image of the manga in my mind. But SP have worked their filler magic and made me 7/10 it. :/

On the plus side, the manga story got going again in 28 with the start of the school trip arc. I'm sure the 'original story' ending will be terrible be the next lot of episodes should be great.

Black Magic M-66. Easy if predictable watch from this older film. It's a bit of a mix of Terminator, Hardware and several other 80's cyberpunk films.

Blade of the Immortal Volume 2. There is some story in there but in general it is there really to fill gaps between bloody violence.

Moribito Volume 6. It looks like the story is getting back on track after going off the boil for a few episodes.

I don't seem to be watching as much as usual as most of my to watch stuff is sub only and I don't seem to have the time to dedicate to watching anime whilst not doing other things.

Arbalest said:
Halo Legends: Origins part 1

This was quite a good episode i will say. Studio 4C decide to go with a fairly daring episode i guess, because up until now, the forerunners have never been covered, so to try and actually create the story of the history was always going to be of interest, and they did it well. I look forward to part 2 in a couple weeks.
For once the Halo story is actually presented in a way that it makes sense, don't want to read the books, not -that- interested in Halo.

1-5 of RahXephon, I went with the dub as others suggested, some of the voices took some getting used to but Haruka more than makes up for it. I haven't fully absorbed all the information and events that have happened so far but I got the basic gist of the story at least.

Finished S2 of Queen's Blade as well, damn Queen's Blade... why did you try and have a story and emotional moments? You didn't need them. What it did need was when I was watching Tomoe vs Reina is some guy to appear behind me and just say "Whoa... this is epic." So that it would have made me lol.

Lupus said:
Arbalest said:
Halo Legends: Origins part 1

This was quite a good episode i will say. Studio 4C decide to go with a fairly daring episode i guess, because up until now, the forerunners have never been covered, so to try and actually create the story of the history was always going to be of interest, and they did it well. I look forward to part 2 in a couple weeks.
For once the Halo story is actually presented in a way that it makes sense, don't want to read the books, not -that- interested in Halo.
So, you've just played the games, which are mainly about shooting things?

SO.RA.NO.WO.OTO or something fat like that 1 - Urgggh...I could barely get past the 10 minute mark. It just wasn't good. A really slow start and I guess from it's really big similarities to K-ON! it's gonna be another anime based on "moe~"

I don't really want to give it another chance so I won't be watching episode 2

Kimi ni Todoke 13 - Another beautifully scripted episode, music fit the scenes perfectly and Kurumi's finally gonna get her kermuppance (or however you spell it rofl). Pin/Kurumi scene was the best part of it as well.

Stratos 4 - 7/10 if this had less fan-service and a bit more character development, the series would rate higher. I like it's premise though.

Darker than Black - 8/10 it's a great action series. I'll be looking forward for the second series.

chaos said:
Stratos 4 - 7/10 if this had less fan-service and a bit more character development, the series would rate higher. I like it's premise though.

Darker than Black - 8/10 it's a great action series. I'll be looking forward for the second series.

Second season is amazing, and definatly on its way for a 3rd

Tower of Druaga: Aegis of Uruk episode 1

i actually had to see this myself, given someone said it was humorous, the episode didn't really make any sense though, until the end, where it was all just a dream!

it was quite funny though because of that :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Karin episodes 1-24
Toradora episodes 19-20
Kobato episode 12
Fairy Tail episode 12
Ookami Kakushi episode 1
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu episode 1
Dance in the vampire bund episode 1
Rozen Maiden Traumend episode 1

Back