Your viewing journal

ayase said:
I like everybody in UY. Probably because they annoy each other a lot, and I find watching people wind each other up immensely entertaining.
You know, that's a good point. My favourite character after Ataru (who annoys everyone) is Ryoko, simply because of the endless torment she subjects her brother to (even pretending to be interested in Ataru) while never dropping the façade of innocently acting in his interest. In episode 140 she implores her fleeing "fiancée" to return to her by throwing bombs at him. What a woman <3

Ten, though, annoys me too much.

I watched Perfect Blue last night. Really enjoyed it, although it was hard to follow a lot of the time (that was probably the intention of Satoshi Kon). It's very obviously the influence for Black Swan, regardless of Aronofsky's protestations to the contrary.

Doraemon666 said:
It is indeed the MI HK set of Might Gaine i have,yeah like some HK sets it is a battle just getting through them with really bad subs lol,god i remember the fist of the north star HK sets i had man they were bad,but hey as you said i think the fansubs have been dropped a long time ago now,think there was only about 6 episodes of Might Gaine done,but since it does not rely on heavy story telling i can put up with bad HK subs,seems alot of the Brave shows were being fansubbed at one point but most seem to have been dropped which is a real shame.

Unfortunately it wasn't the subs that bothered me (I've watched plenty of anime raw) the second and third discs of my set had so much pixalation during the action sequences that it was too unwatchable to continue with. I agree with you that it is a shame with the various Brave saga fansubs being dropped, you're right I think they were all started but only Fighbird and J Decker were completed as far as I can tell.

I had those FONS boxsets as well, bloody awful they were, even if the packaging was nice!!!

Orgun said:
Doraemon666 said:
It is indeed the MI HK set of Might Gaine i have,yeah like some HK sets it is a battle just getting through them with really bad subs lol,god i remember the fist of the north star HK sets i had man they were bad,but hey as you said i think the fansubs have been dropped a long time ago now,think there was only about 6 episodes of Might Gaine done,but since it does not rely on heavy story telling i can put up with bad HK subs,seems alot of the Brave shows were being fansubbed at one point but most seem to have been dropped which is a real shame.

Unfortunately it wasn't the subs that bothered me (I've watched plenty of anime raw) the second and third discs of my set had so much pixalation during the action sequences that it was too unwatchable to continue with. I agree with you that it is a shame with the various Brave saga fansubs being dropped, you're right I think they were all started but only Fighbird and J Decker were completed as far as I can tell.

I had those FONS boxsets as well, bloody awful they were, even if the packaging was nice!!!
Yeah i,ve give the bootlegs one thing they have great packaging lol,thank god Discotek finally released Fist of the North Star tv series,i just pre-ordered collection 3 the final and fourth collection is out this november,gotta salute them for releasing such a classic series,cant wait to finally have it complete in my collection. :D

Birdy the Mighty:Decode-episodes 1-5.This took me by surprise having seen and loved the original OVA some time ago i was curious to see how this updated version would turn out and so far only five episodes in i,ve fell in love with it already,just good old fashioned fun,good action,comedy and a solid plot and great presentation,great stuff.

I have been watching alot of anime during the last couple of days.

Finished AnoHana, AMAZING!!
Caught up with: Hanasaku Iroha - also amazing, love it. One of the best I have seen this year.
Caught up with: Ao no Exorcist, very good series so far.
Usagi Drop, loved it from first episode, can't wait for episode 3.
Kamisama Dolls, not sure if I will carry on need to watch the latest episode.
Blood-C I hope the next episode will make me want to carry on watching it.
Trying to catch up with: Sket-Dance, not sure if I will carry on with it.

Watched Naruto Shippuden Vol.6/Bleach S5 Box sets

Need to watch Akira Blu Ray and Laputa on Blu Ray.

CitizenGeek said:
I watched Perfect Blue last night. Really enjoyed it, although it was hard to follow a lot of the time (that was probably the intention of Satoshi Kon).
I distinctly remember the film being much easier to follow on my second viewing. It was great when it all started to fall into place.

Some ep 1s:

Sacred Seven - OK, I guess this is where all the money went this season! Doesn't feel like it has the potential of Star Driver, though.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee - Very sweet, wonderful setting. Definite watch.

Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel - Something to have on while you're not paying too much attention. Voice cast is ostensibly amazing, but the Mamiko's voice doesn't quite suit her character's design imo.

Yuruyuri - Neat and tidy introduction to the girls, but oh yes next week we have more Student Council President. :~

Kami-sama Dolls - I kind of like the semi-old school character design, and Utao is great. Plus characters from a small traditional village and people turning up dead... lot of things that are drawing me in.

Usagi Drop - Yup, I see why this had all the buzz it did. Going to be a beautiful show going from the first ep.

NO.6 - Sure is gay in my near-future SF show. I have been slightly spoiled on how the show goes in the immediate aftermath of ep 1, but I'm still pretty excited to see more of the inner workings of the city.

BLOOD-C - I just can't deny my love of CLAMP designs. Can't decide entirely on how much I like the tone of the series, but it seems like that goes for the people making it, too.

Nekogami Yaoyorozu - Ahahahahahaha. Pretty damn amusing. If Shamo and Toyosaki Aki don't make further appearances I will be proper upset, though.

fabricatedlunatic said:
WELL LA-DI-DA MR.FANCYPANTS :p

I usually avoid double posting when I only have one more ep to add on, but this kind of deserves it:

The Idolm@ster ep 1 - So let's get this straight. It's an iM@S anime. Makoto is in it a fair bit. Sign me up for the full ride! "Debatable" artistic descisions aside (I absolutely loved what they did with the first 90% of the ep, fwiw), I am now officially HYPE for this season. Currently occupying the runners up spot: Azusa (Happy Birthday for yesterday, btw) and Hibiki.

ilmaestro said:
I usually avoid double posting when I only have one more ep to add on, but this kind of deserves it:

The Idolm@ster ep 1 - So let's get this straight. It's an iM@S anime. Makoto is in it a fair bit. Sign me up for the full ride! "Debatable" artistic descisions aside (I absolutely loved what they did with the first 90% of the ep, fwiw), I am now officially HYPE for this season. Currently occupying the runners up spot: Azusa (Happy Birthday for yesterday, btw) and Hibiki.

I must admit from what I've seen of the games Makoto wasn't one of my favourites but from just 2 eps of the anime she's kinda swaying me over. I'd be very interested in your thoughts about episode 2 as it seems more like the patern that we'll get out of the anime (more of a focus on some of the idols but still on everyone.)

Have you watched Mawaru Penguindrum yet?

Mawaru Penguindrum episode 2- Still have huge interest in the series and a bit more weirdness has been added to one of the characters I still find Matoi (SZS) the better stalker compared to Ringo

My highlight thoughout is the three penguins and there hilarious antics, there cuteness and interactions were fun to watch and I was laughing everytime they were on-screen

Still my favourite so far.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée episode 2 & 3 - Again this series is a relaxing and entertaining look into both Japanese and French cultures and Yune getting used to her new environment.

Oscar & Claude are incredibly likeable as well but I'm a bit unsure on the introduction of Alice, I hope her snobbish personality turns into something likeable in future episodes.

Anyway I am liking this very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
MercenaryRaiden said:
ilmaestro said:

I must admit from what I've seen of the games Makoto wasn't one of my favourites but from just 2 eps of the anime she's kinda swaying me over. I'd be very interested in your thoughts about episode 2 as it seems more like the patern that we'll get out of the anime (more of a focus on some of the idols but still on everyone.)

Have you watched Mawaru Penguindrum yet?
I will probably fast-track ep 2 of iM@S once I'm done with the other ep 1s for the season, as for your other question...

Mawaru Penguindrum ep 1 - Hmm. This has been one of the bigger "buzz" shows of the season of course, but other than the implausibly cute nature of the penguins, I don't quite know what to make of it. The character art and general art design is superb, and there are more than enough crazy narrative hooks to leave me wanting more, but it's almost too original to make a judgement on at this stage other than "surely the only reason Ikuhara would have returned was to make an amazing show".

BakaTest Ni! ep 1 - Happy days are here again. I have a relatively long-held fondness for this series now, and although the ep had a bit of a "throw in as many quick references to the standing gags as possible to get people up to speed", it's good to see it back.

Mayo Chiki! ep 1 - Ahahahahaha YES. This sort of series is becoming exceptionally well fine-tuned. And I kind of want a pair of glasses like the lead guy (who seems way more entertaining than 99% of other ostensibly similar characters).

Back