Your viewing journal

Mayo Chiki episode 4 - So one minute into this and I already get Subaru in a cat cosplay, nyan indeed; as well as the random maid outfit thanks to Kanade, we are treat to the most generic episode of the series.

Sadly though this is the weakest because of the unfitting serious tone it takes at the half way point, it's until here that one character that is starting to annoy me.

Kanade, while helping to cure his girl problem is not really solving it but trying her hardest to make him suffer in these situations, You don't take Kinjirou outside when he has a cold and while she apologize when he starts to faint, it's no excuse

Overall nothing that surprising.

Mawaru Penguindrum episode 4 - Oh Ringo you so crazy.

I liked the cardboard cut-out dream sequences in this episode giving this episode some more variety and those penguins are sill as funny as ever.

A bit of a cliffhanger looks to advance the plot I hope but i'm still enjoying every second of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noir episodes 1-5

Quite good so far, can't wait to watch more :D Got the OP stuck in my head and I really like the soundtrack.

Rewatch:

Kurau Phantom Memories episodes 1-4

Started watching this about three years ago, I must really get round to finishing it.

Right. I don't usually put what i watch in here often enough. So, i'll put a quick summary of it all for the past month:

Tiger & Bunny - up-to-date It got off to a good start, had a couple of episodes up to 10 which where maybe a little shakey, then it got good, very good. I can still kinda predict what's going to happen though, but it doesn't take too much away from the enjoyment of the series

Gintama 184-186 - I missed you Gintama. Get an episode of hijikata split with console mockery/game referencing whilst dealing with bees. Not only that, you then go into an arc about "death flags". Yeah, don't see that often.

The World God Only Knows S2 Ep2 - Got this in as well, which was a little overdue. Enough of a push to get me to continue with it from tonight as well, so looking forward to that.

Nausicaa, Of the Valley of the Wind - Yeah, that didn't just take me what, 3 years of owning it to get round to watching it >.> Well worth it though, fantastic film which really, i believe to be the best one i've seen of Miyazakis works(i've only seen Spirited and Howls as well). It just has this certain.....Something that his later films seems to lack. Laputa is next on the agenda, alongside Cagliostro and Fireflies(yes i know it ain't Miyazaki, but it's overdue a watch also)

Paprika - I literally just finished watching this about 10 minutes ago. Wow, i loved it is all i can say at the moment. I'm letting it fly around in my head a little before i make a proper post on it, but yeah, loved it. Can safely say though, that Susumu Hirasawa and his music just compliments Kons style for this movie perfectly in my opinion.

Arbalest said:
[Nausicaa] just has this certain.....Something that his later films seems to lack.
That would be a "point". You should really read the manga though; it's thrice as epic, at least.

Kannagi 1 & 2
Saw these episodes fansubbed back when they aired but didn't remember too much about them. First thing's first: Nagi is fabulous, a bundle of energy, and I love how she laughs at her own terrible (unintentional?) puns. Second, episode 2 has some of the most fluid animation I've ever seen in a TV series; there's no way A1 are keeping that up.

Back