ADV Films shuts down?

To be honest, ADV was buying an awful lot of ****** anime titles before it ceased with it's releases about a year ago so I can't say I'm really going to miss crap like Pumpkin Scissors and Kannon. However, they are the company that released Evangelion and they are certainly a big part of anime's history in the West so I guess I'll miss them to some extent.

Maxon said:
Funimation are the ones with the publishing rights to TSR.

That's good news.
But wait... did I not read somewhere that Funimation wern't going to publish any more titles over here?
I think it was in an E-mail from Anime-on-Line saying that School Rumble Vol.4 was cancelled by Revelation Films along with all of Funimation's titles.
(Shame. I liked that series. :cry: )

If anyone can shead light on that I'd be grateful.

In regards to ADV, I hear that ADV as a label might continue, only under the wing of several other firms.
That was from ANN, so most of you chaps probobly know that already.

Gundam Junkie said:
But wait... did I not read somewhere that Funimation wern't going to publish any more titles over here?
I think it was in an E-mail from Anime-on-Line saying that School Rumble Vol.4 was cancelled by Revelation Films along with all of Funimation's titles.

Funimation deal with Revelation went down. Manga is picking a lot of Funimation titles, but unfortunately, there is no word about Manga picking up and releasing the rest of Rev's unfinished series.

I've ended up getting School Rumble R1 because of that and I've waited very patiently for it to be released entirely here before buying it :(

chaos said:
Gundam Junkie said:

Funimation deal with Revelation went down. Manga is picking a lot of Funimation titles, but unfortunately, there is no word about Manga picking up and releasing the rest of Rev's unfinished series.

I've ended up getting School Rumble R1 because of that and I've waited very patiently for it to be released entirely here before buying it :(

Well, Funi do have their own section on Lace's website now, where there is no mention on Manga, although most seem to be previous Manga releases I believe... Or maybe that should be Revelation... http://www.lacedigitalmediasales.com/browse?label=FUNimation

megagold5 said:
chaos said:
Gundam Junkie said:

Well, Funi do have their own section on Lace's website now, where there is no mention on Manga. http://www.lacedigitalmediasales.com/browse?label=FUNimation

Those are just the Revelation discs...
They are listed under Funimation on Revelation's own website as well, but I don't recall them being separate on Lace's site...

Back