Amateur Hour

Thanks Wildcard, to be honest i would love to draw this story out, but i'm not at the right skill level to attempt it :) but i can at least continue designing the characters for it.

The plan is over the next few days or so (or whenever i get time) to practise with my propotions, that sketch was just a part of that. It's crucial i can get a better understanding of it. Of course after this i'm practising the real things i hate doing...Hands and feet.

Hah, very nice use of colour ;D. Also, I loved the female character one Page seven. Not sure if she's being incorperated into your story or whatnot but you should name her!

SAVED.

Actually Will she is being used in the story, she's one of the main characters and in the sketch she's the girl on the left, assuming i've got the right image of course :p Her name is Mai (in the story her name was taken from something found on her, which was actually a classification, MAIden)

Thanks for the comments anyways :)

Another new sketch and another new character, a recent addition to the story idea mind. She was only included on the above sketch after i realised that i need a third girl and the others that i was thinking about wouldn't of fitted in :p

Anyway here's Lianna Marcel, made some mistakes here, forgot to round off the face in the facing forward view among other things.

Loving the scetches mate. (I am looking if there are now posts). You're definately improving all the time. You just need to look at some of the earlier stuff you posted. It's like a different artist did them.

Yeah, I'm calling you an artist. :p

wow two months without an update...time to change that.

Finally got some time to put this sketch together last week, more will be coming now that the house is getting to what can be considered 'normal' runnings :)

Strangely enough, I just started drawing again Black. I had an anime marathon yesterday and my scribbling hand needed something to do. Heh.

Nice scetch. :thumb:

To think i moaned about two months without an update last time...Here's a new picture i've been working on, unfortunatly there was a few mistakes made when it came to inking it (god bless the computer!). I hope to have a colour version in the next two weeks (i'm hoping for end of this week but we'll see ;) )

I'll probably be posting more stuff in the coming days as well, from things i've done over xmas.

I very much like the character designs and the posing of the characters.
But I dont like the whole "arrow-head" panels for the other profiles. If it were me, I'd have risked going through the characters in the middle (hopefully keeping the main details of them), and done a top/bottom pannel going across. Either that or keep the top left one as it is and move the other one, in the opposite direction, to the bottom right.

Other than the positioning, It's got potential to be a good pictire. Well done. :D

Thanks for the comments Chaz :). The positions seemed like a good idea at the time but I can see what you mean by looking at it. Things to take on board before I turn my attention to the Villains counter part of that one. I thought i was pushing space there with 6 characters but this new one is going to have 8-9 on it, so I'm not sure how to lay that one out so it doesn't look like a complete mess.

Always like to see your drawing's BW and of what seen in the past and looking in the thread you seem to be getting better with age and time, like a fine wine thats not made of some fruit but still the point is the same. ^.^

OMG! AUKN just wiped my post as I was finishing. Damn site crashes. Anyway, as I was saying... I really need to learn/try out colouring you've surpassed me Black and it's not on! lol
Good stuff mate. Is this one for some extra cash in the pocket or for funnzies?
I like the poses. =D

Thanks :) this one is just for fun (and to go on my wall) there is going to be a companion piece to this one based around all the villains for the stories (as that was all the heroes you may of guessed)

Have no idea on how i'm going to do that one though

Update time :)

This is the companion piece to my last work, although while that was the Heroic characters, this is the Villains, I apologise that two of the characters in the background don't look like they are finished but they will be coloured so expect them to look a lot different.

I'll be putting up a character design sheet later this week as well :)

O are these the villains for you story then Black? They don't look to scary. I could probably have them. *flexis muscles*
Loving the colouring as always mate and as always I can see an improvment aswell.

Maybe you should try being less neat? I don't know how to explain it. Just getyourself a picture and colour is you would but then smudge it in places. Just a random thought. Looking great tho mate!
:thumb:

*Massive Necrobump*

Well it's been a while since I've uploaded anything here but, guess it can't be helped :p

There's a few pieces to post but looking at the time I'll just put this one up for now. It's far from perfect, being something I sketched out while waiting for my fiancee to finish at her work. But it's a character I may toy around with later on...Once I settle on a colour scheme I like. Also this is probably the fastest I've actually completed a picture, from sketch to digital ink to colour.

Though looking at the highlights, I realise that's nothing to be proud of...

Back