Amateur Hour

hmmm its not something i've noticed myself but i can see slightly what you mean, i'll have to look over the other ones i've done to check. Thanks for the comments though :)

BlackWolf said:
This is my entry for the banner contest that was held a couple of weeks past, reason it wasn't used was because of issues with the site's colour theme but i'm attempting to fix it while still keeping the same "graffiti on wall" mottif. Next time i do something like this i should pay more attention to what site the banner is going on instead of just creating something straight away -_- Ah well lesson learnt.

Mhm. Bra' if you're after a graffiti effect, there's a few things you've missed that'd make it look alot better.

Chat to me on msn and i'll tell you how to do em :p

I like your heads at the top, the eyes are really detailed and nice.
you have a nice pose on the bottom right, hand don't look as..soft (fists) as the rest of the image, but it is a great sketch.
Nice long hair.

Okay more Digital Art practise, chose this one because of the fact its the girl from the last one just more...demonic :p I know the original drawing has a fair few faults (mainly with propotions of the female form) still practise is practise.

Over the next week though i should have some new original art work to show off :) (not sketchs although i should have more of that as well)

Snake womans details on the scales are looking good :)

erm...just thought i'd let you know....the picture at the bottom....the fringe is too bulky for an anime fringe.
try to add less hair crops :p

I don't think you can make a fringe too bulky imo. Loving the picture and your detail, expecially to the heads and hair of these characters is fantastic mate.
I'm impressed. :thumb:

Fringe too bulky? i thought it was just the same as the last one :p but thanks for the comments guys, those scales took ages to do and i'm pleased with the result :) i'm still iffy with the highlighting on the larger scales on the snake weapon but things are improving, and i'm gald the concept overall worked out fine

Well here's a preview of the next picture, i took some help in choosing the colours for the hair and eyes, as its been the first time where i've had no idea on what to do for them :p I hope to have the final version of this image up later this week unless something happens :)

chaos said:
I like the colour of the hair and eyes in htis ;)

Hah i wonder why :p Thanks for the help again Chaos, i quite like the way the colours came out, and my practise techinque for the silver hair didn't turn out too badly, needs more refinment like

Like the purple hair but I think it might be cool to have a lighter shade of purple for her bangs rather then white, might make the colours look calmer and it'll probably compliment her clothes nicely too. Then again maybe not, who knows? ^^

iisan said:
Like the purple hair but I think it might be cool to have a lighter shade of purple for her bangs rather then white, might make the colours look calmer and it'll probably compliment her clothes nicely too. Then again maybe not, who knows? ^^

I can give it a go :) the best thing about layers is i won't mess anyother part of the picture up. I just wish i started doing the images digitally earlier then when i did.

Here's somethin' you may wanna try since you aren't doing any bg- instead of a white canvas try a very light yellow.

I think your work will benefit from it :)

But yes- since the olden days where you used to send me your stuff over msn, you've imporved alot!

And here we go, done faster then i was expecting :)

First up is the draft image completed and then after that following iisan's suggestion i changed the colour of the purple haired girl's front bangs to a lighter purple

As always, all coments welcomed :)

Back