Anime Central to show Christmas marathons

Gawyn said:
Paul said:
Marathoning through Bebop and FMA over Christmas would be pretty damn awesome, though I must admit the new line-up of shows is fairly disappointing. I'd love to see some MVM, ADV and more Revelation anime on there... especially MVM, the likes of Gungrave and Haibane Renmei would sit well along side the likes of Bebop.
The chances of Haibane Renmei are fairly slim, given what Mark said at AmeCon earlier this year. Basically the cost of a 13 episode show is the same as a 26 episode show, meaning it is effectively twice as expensive to get two 13 episode shows as it is to get a single series of 26 episodes (I mentioned, when we were asked what stuff we would like to see, Paranoia Agent to get this response). He also stated that they are interested in showing stuff from other distributors but the original lineup was made in conjunction with Bandai/BEEZ. Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 were mentioned as two titles they found interesting.

I watched Paranoia Agent when it was originally release on DVD. It is a very acquired taste. I also think people may struggle to comprehend the things that are going on... I am loath to say it, but I think it may well be too complicated for the UK anime viewing public...

trumpster said:
Same here. I really want to see S-Cry-ed and I might check out Witch hunter Robin but I own all of the first series of Gundam Seed.

any idea what the others are, or are they still showing some of the current series past that date?

Witch Hunter Robin bored me stupid when I roginally watched it. Maybe I didn't give it a chnace, but unless someone can convince me otherwise, it isn't something I would go out of my way to watch...

I'd like to see things like Samurai 7 and Blood+ or even Trinity Blood...

Personally, Witch Hunter Robin is one of my favourite series. I understand fully why some people don't enjoy it - the starting off episodes are pretty slow, and usually you can tell who the witch is within the first 10 minutes - but I think the latter 13 or so are where the story pays off. If anyone has ever seen My HiME, it plays off in a similar fashion - theres a big build up with character development, a large scale twist or event comes into play and the rest is how they deal with it. Obviously that sounds really generic, but it's the way it influences the characters.

I'd say if you're not really into WHR in the first say, 10 episodes or so then it's probably not for you. It's a slow moving series that does require a lot of patience, but for me, the slow build up definitely paid off.

Ryo Chan said:
yet i've not seen a single one for s-cry-ed yet

I've noticed this as well, unless i've happened to miss, it seems to fallen by the way side as far as advertising is concerned, not that i pay attention to the adverts, the gundam seed one isn't all that appealing, but then maybe that's because i've already seen that series

Back