Anime Games

Yeah, the One Piece Grand games are a lot of fun, if you can find them. eBay or a local indy games shop is your best bet.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja stuff is great too...#2 just came out, so the first one is in the bargain bin now (£12 at Asda). I'd still recommend the new one though....from Woolies or whatever.

The DBZ Budokai games are cool...I think Tenkaichi 3 is due out in a few months, but BT2 is great.

FMA DS is really quite tripe, and lasts as long as a KFC "large" fries.

Jump Ultimate Stars is fantastic by the way...only in Japanese, but you don't really need to read anything. Loads of characters from most SJ series...Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, HXH, blah blah blah.

Are there any other games that aren't fighting? I'm not particularly a big fan of them. I'm more of a fantasy or adventure, if there are any anime games like that.

The three DBZ legacy of Goku games on the GBA were sort of an Adventure game. There was some fighting involved but only like what you would expect from a zelda game. Nothing on the scale of the console DBZ games.

Deidara said:
Unfortunatly all of the Naruto games look like fail...
Bleach: Heat The Soul 4 for PSP was God-like. Great just as long as you like anime/fighting.

Naruto:Rise of a Ninja for the 360 actually looks good, though i don't really think i will be getting it. Erm, if you want Turn-based strategy games, like mecha and don't mind playing through a game in japanese, the super Robot Taisen Series is good. W was the one of the latest installments to the series for the DS and thats pretty good.

Me and a mate used to play one of the DBZ games, was alot of fun. Completed it in a weekend tho and we were looking at renting the newest one to see how fast we can do it :p

You get two attack buttons in the Naruto games.... lame. Besides, Jump Ultimate Stars is like... the best manga fighting game I've ever played, seriously.

Does .hack count? I thought there were pretty good.

Ghost in the Shell on PS2 was good as well, but Batou's levels aren't as interesting as Kusanagi's. The PSP game isn't so hot.

Astro Boy in GBA is great, but keep away from the PS2 version...

Ushio said:
Does .hack count? I thought there were pretty good.

i personally hated the .hack game....and i only played a 1/4 of the first one.
i tried giving the game so many chances but it just failed at the end....boring, repetitive and....boring.
i find it hard to believe that this game has such a following of fans..

Ushio said:
Ghost in the Shell on PS2 was good as well, but Batou's levels aren't as interesting as Kusanagi's.
I would have liked it if Togusa were a playable character given that he's my favourite SAC character.

Evangelion has some random RPG on the PSP I think. I remember seeing a video.

Naruto-wise, The PS3 Project looks interesting. Same as the 360 version but the whole Naruto story maybe. . .

Bah, With Jump Ultimate Superstars, What are the chances of a newer one coming out? I still haven't got the first.

Jayme said:
Bah, With Jump Ultimate Superstars, What are the chances of a newer one coming out? I still haven't got the first.

I've got bothe games, Jump ultimate stars & Super stars but i prefer ultimate stars more characters & more stages etc..

I've also got Fullmetalalchemist on the DS which is okay...

i think the games i own are kinda fighting type...correction they are!:
Fullmetal Alchemist duel sympathy
Naruto ultimate ninja
Naruto chronicals 1
Naruto ninja council 1+2

well i kinda think that i like naruto....bit mad!
i'm awaiting the bleach releases on wii + ds
and of course....naruto on the wii

Im very proud of my Ever 17 I got,
a VN with thriller/suspense/romatic elements

Other then that I still wanting on the 'supose' release of Odin Sphere in eur

also Persona 3 looks good, a mix of VN with intense battle graphics, only seen reviews though

I think that in general Anime games have improved over the years
My favourites are:

Dragonball Z budokai Tenkaichi 2 (wii version is the best!)
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (It is a great game!! and is true to the anime where it matters!!)
Also Bleach on wii could be promising!!

Back