UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

IncendiaryLemon said:
It might be something I'd have to try if they do go free. They do look pretty but I'm not sure if they're my kind of thing or not.

Crunchyroll actually showed a lot of them for free a while ago :p

I've seen all of Shinkai's films except for The Garden of Words (I decided to wait for AL's complete Shinkai collection and am now confused about whether that will be happening at all). 5 Centimetres per Second is one of my favourite films of the 00s and one of the best animated films ever made in my book. An almost faultless film - Shinkai has a real talent for looking at 'ordinary' moments and events and making them feel profound. His gorgeous animation certainly helps - especially his skies, which emphasise the insignificance of the characters and the plot in the wider scale of things but also remind that the minutae can have extreme importance and influence on the life of the individual. Like Ozu, he makes good tofu - I felt that Children Who Chase Lost Voices was a step backwards as it seems that he was trying to be Miyazaki when he's something entirely different and just as valuable. Anyway, I've rambled on a bit :mrgreen:

Does this mean we're getting a little booklet or something with part 2? :D
Q0vRQ3d.jpg

I really want to have gundam on blu ray but I'm finding it hard to justify £80 because there are so many shows that I've already watched that I really should buy.

thedoctor2016 said:
Yet its remastered and i have it on my computer i don't like in Jp it exists everywhere else "never happened"

The impression I get is that the only reason it exists in Japan, is because they saw it like that first, so people would be annoyed by it's absence. They're assuming we won't miss what we never had, and for the most part they're right, think of this as Mobile Suit Gundam: Director's Cut.

Buzz201 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Yet its remastered and i have it on my computer i don't like in Jp it exists everywhere else "never happened"

The impression I get is that the only reason it exists in Japan, is because they saw it like that first, so people would be annoyed by it's absence. They're assuming we won't miss what we never had, and for the most part they're right, think of this as Mobile Suit Gundam: Director's Cut.
Well i will always have it on my computer so how however bad it is i will always watch when rewatching

thedoctor2016 said:
Well i will always have it on my computer so how however bad it is i will always watch when rewatching
I chose to think of it as the director's preferred version. It's not like he has completely erased the original version, so who cares? I'd still prefer to watch the director's preferred version.

Buzz201 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
I chose to think of it as the director's preferred version. It's not like he has completely erased the original version, so who cares? I'd still prefer to watch the director's preferred version.

Watch the films then he likes them the most

thedoctor2016 said:
Watch the films then he likes them the most

I was thinking about acquiring them, as much as I love AL and want to watch MSG. I probably can't find £90 atm. I'm hoping the US film releases will be cheaper.

Just a fantastic piece of artwork. EVen if it's DVD only, as long as they can do a nice box like the original series is getting, and feature art of that quality, then i'll be down for buying it.

Back