UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is Anime Limited's release order actually a good order to watch these? Like going from Gundam 79 to Turn A?(Assuming there is nothing in between)

Turn A is a separate timeline it shouldn't matter where/when you watch it. Don't know about 79

Couple of AL's pre-sale sets for MCM this weekend, Baccano! Limited Ed. Blu-ray and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Limited Ed Blu-ray.

10527408_766439040134615_7088069156036515935_n.jpg

12033163_766439050134614_2827197023905760485_n.jpg

Baccano! looks great, hope it's released soon. Time to sell my USA Aniplex set i think.

If they can sell Baccano, I hope that means it's soon.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is Anime Limited's release order actually a good order to watch these? Like going from Gundam 79 to Turn A?(Assuming there is nothing in between)

Could be wrong, but I think the order for 79 is:

Gundam 79
Gundam Zeta
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counterattack
0080: War in the Pocket
Gundam F91
0083: Stardust Memory
Victory Gundam
08th MS Team
Unicorn

Jatz said:
Could be wrong, but I think the order for 79 is:

Gundam 79
Gundam Zeta
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counterattack
0080: War in the Pocket
Gundam F91
0083: Stardust Memory
Victory Gundam
08th MS Team
Unicorn

Almost. The OVAs in there (0080, 0083 and The 08th MS Team) all occupy spots set just after the events of the original series and before Zeta. So, I'd recommend watching them after the original series in the order of MS Team first, then War In The Pocket, then Stardust Memory. IF you can get hold of them now. I checked the prices of US DVDs for these a while back, and... lets just say I'm putting my copies in a VERY safe place.

Just to comment on the Baccano release - it's another case of the Anime Limited release beating Aniplex's release in every regard.
Video and Audio are exactly the same as Aniplex's, with the only difference being a change of font/colour for the subs. There's also the addition of a signs/songs track, a few more extras and an English credits roll. The box is really nice, the digipack is really nice and the booklet contains lots of worthwhile content like interviews (e.g. with the Director and LN writer), reviews, comments and art assets. Definitely my favorite release yet and It's totally worth owning if you're on the fence.

Mangaranga said:
Just to comment on the Baccano release - it's another case of the Anime Limited release beating Aniplex's release in every regard.
Video and Audio are exactly the same as Aniplex's, with the only difference being a change of font/colour for the subs. There's also the addition of a signs/songs track, a few more extras and an English credits roll. The box is really nice, the digipack is really nice and the booklet contains lots of worthwhile content like interviews (e.g. with the Director and LN writer), reviews, comments and art assets. Definitely my favorite release yet and It's totally worth owning if you're on the fence.

To add to that they've really nailed the spine art on this one too. There are two spines. There are two layouts. One typical anime ltd. one nice logo and art. Choose which way round you want it! perfect!

Just seen it was one of the options in the straw poll in the simulwatch thread. I'd definitely recommend it, although don't know if I can hold off watching until a simulwatch started or even keep my viewing down to 1 ep per day...

Mangaranga said:

What do you mean a different font color? It better not be yellow

Robbl said:
White. The subs were originally grey. If you have any NIS BDs authored by Justin Sevakis, they're exactly the same as those.
Gundam's subs are yellow though, but normal sized.

Mangaranga said:
Robbl said:
White. The subs were originally grey. If you have any NIS BDs authored by Justin Sevakis, they're exactly the same as those.
Gundam's subs are yellow though, but normal sized.

Thanks for clarifying ;)

I think my budget could survive an "early" release of Baccano, might need to delay getting something else (or maybe I'll just ration my food). It would be nice if Anime Limited got it up on their shop, although I think I have a decent price for the pre-order on Amazon so I'll most likely end up sticking with that (though the possibility of getting it early is tempting).

Apparently I was the first person to pick up the FMP set, solely due to my cheekieness, and I must say the set looks truly lovely. Sadly the Travelodge doesn't have a BR player otherwise I'd be testing the disks, but as far as the packaging goes I'm exceptionally happy aside from preferring US style amarays, a lovely set.

Back