UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Joshawott said:
Unless his plan was to secure standard editions and have the new season match those if/when it comes :p

He's already confirmed standard editions of seasons 1 and 3, but not Ffumoffu, because he doesn't think an SE is worth AL time. (FUNi's blu-ray is AB friendly, so it's not that big a deal.)

Joshawott said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew actually knew about the new Full Metal Panic season while planning the Ultimate Edition. After all, when Durarara!! x2 was announced, didn't he express relief at finally being able to talk about it? If he did, then it's possible that this cunning plan could have been in the making for a while.

Unless his plan was to secure standard editions and have the new season match those if/when it comes :p

Can't really comment, but that would be rather logical now wouldn't it ;)? Like stated - we did have something in mind for this though, there's one point I have to consider but fear not, it'll remain ultimate and up to date :D.

Andrew

windcott said:
really am anxious about the claymore release. I absolutely love the series, and think anime limited can (hopefully) do an excellent release in terms of art box, art book and extras (the dvd had quite a few so hopefully they'll be brought over). But from my understanding the master on the funi bd is only marginally better then dvd. Hope andrew can maybe clarify if this is the same master or maybe a superior japanese one ? same goes for haruhi, is it the really solid first bd release master or the ugly second one.

For Claymore - I believe even the JP version of the master is about the same I am afraid but we're looking into it. If I don't find anything conclusive re the JP masters (also upscales I hear) then we'll use the Funi version with the AL treatment of course.

For Haruhi - This one's not clear-cut yet but I am of course pushing for the first master :).

Best,

AP

anime_andrew said:
windcott said:
really am anxious about the claymore release. I absolutely love the series, and think anime limited can (hopefully) do an excellent release in terms of art box, art book and extras (the dvd had quite a few so hopefully they'll be brought over). But from my understanding the master on the funi bd is only marginally better then dvd. Hope andrew can maybe clarify if this is the same master or maybe a superior japanese one ? same goes for haruhi, is it the really solid first bd release master or the ugly second one.

For Claymore - I believe even the JP version of the master is about the same I am afraid but we're looking into it. If I don't find anything conclusive re the JP masters (also upscales I hear) then we'll use the Funi version with the AL treatment of course.

For Haruhi - This one's not clear-cut yet but I am of course pushing for the first master :).

Best,

AP
Looking forward to see Claymore for the first time in HD. FUNi do okay jobs as i wouldn't say DBZ HD is bad but Kai is better. Haruhi the price would be the deciding factor

thedoctor2016 said:
Looking forward to see Claymore for the first time in HD. FUNi do okay jobs as i wouldn't say DBZ HD is bad but Kai is better. Haruhi the price would be the deciding factor

Is that not because DBZ was an upscale and Kai was 50/50 upscaled/native HD?

Decided to go with the AL store for Fate/Kaleid as Amazon weren't budging with their £36 price! Looking forward to receiving this.

Updated the master list with the new round of announcements from sunday evening, loads of anime!

I'm probably not going to buy any Gundam release but it would drive me nuts not having a consistent format. IDK about anyone else but I keep my DVDs and Blu Rays separated so not being able to have them all together would be bad.

Yeah i would like all UC together and one format blu ray then again thats why I'm probably gonna buy Turn A from Japan (I will get the UK release to support UK gundam)

disappointing news RE: ZZ. I would love to lobby AL to release the set in BD height set but maybe with a DVD height slip so people can pick and choose how they want to display it in their collection.

Not surprised by the delays to the other Gundam volumes that were scheduled for the end of this year.

thedoctor2016 said:
I didn't notice they delayed Rec and 0079 part 2

With the former, we'd heard nothing about it for a while and Sunrise said "released in 2016". With the latter, it just doesn't make sense to me to release both parts within weeks of each other, so I always expected it to be pushed back. Will hopefully give more people a chance to sample collection 1 and see if they like it, then buy collection 2 at launch.

Im now watching the series ( gave up waiting) but probably finish by the time part 1 is out but i will pick them up now probably part 1 after christmas and part 2 at release

It's disappointing, but I can't quite get my head around Sunrise's thinking. If AL/RightStuf release ZZ or Turn A on Blu-Ray, what detriment will it be to Sunrise? Blu-Ray is obviously the more niche format, so I'd argue that sub-only would be more of an argument in its favour rather than DVD's.

But THE CASE OF HANA & ALICE! Looking forward to seeing that again very much and I have my fingers crossed for an AL ultimate edition.

Man, my enthusiasm for Gundam in the UK evaporates by the day. I see people suggesting that if it has a dub it will get a BD release, and if not then it's dvd only.....I mean that just sounds completely moronic to me, more people I know are less likely to buy a show if it's dvd only rather than sub only. Shame as most the people I know who were interested (granted this was only like 5 people) said they would buy if BD, but not interested in DVD.

Glad to have a release date for Baccano!, and not too far away either. The case of Hana & Alice is something I can not wait to see, everyone I know who saw it said it was fantastic.

Back