UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

What's the deal with the other Rebuild films? Is a complete box set off the cards?

--

G Gundam is another Gundam that I'm not personally interested in, but it's great that there seems to be some regularity with the releases now. Hopefully War in the Pocket and the Trilogy UHDs aren't too far away.

Funimation still have 1.11-3.33 so yes a complete set is off the cards (and I assume 3.333 in 4K is not available either). All down to the fabled dubbed showing of 3.0 over 10 years ago.

I am surprised that Anime Limited is scheduling Evangelion: 3.0+1.11 this early given they have yet to sort out their theatrical release. I am a bit disappointed it's a steelbook case but I suppose they want to avoid digipack for cost reasons. Either way at least it's consistent with 1.11's release.

Burn the Witch honestly was predictable for Anime Limited to pick up because the Crunchyroll titles that Viz Media licensed seemed to have been more accessible (Jujutsu Kaisen, In/Spectre, Tower of God). Though hearing that its re-using the Viz Media discs is a shame but I'm also told that various releases for the film around the world have had some issues due to how the masters turned out.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is a long time coming given this should have been the next obvious path to go for because its one of the bigger shows in the franchise. At least this indicates they can still get more over here even when Nozomi is now with Crunchyroll.

G is close to my heart as its debatable if I'd be a Gundam fan without it. Like a lot of UK folk I got in with Wing but dropped off and it was poking around the long gone Gundam Project site that made me aware of G.

It's no longer my number one but I still have a lot of fondness for it. A lot of crap and false equivalence gets said against it (it is not Gundam Ball Z). I would say G is simultaneously a unique Gundam show but also keenly aware of its heritage, both in terms of what Gundam is and what mecha anime was before it. It's got a big bold heart and I'd highly recommend it.

Funimation still have 1.11-3.33 so yes a complete set is off the cards (and I assume 3.333 in 4K is not available either). All down to the fabled dubbed showing of 3.0 over 10 years ago.
The first rebirth film was released by Anime ltd?
If I look at my shelf, the Eva section is a complete mashup of a digipak, a basic Amaray, a blue box, and it looks like now continuing the trend with a steelbook…
So yes; a full set would have been good.

I was rather surprised there wasn’t some re-promotion or re-release to tie in with the tv series set popularity, but somewhat ’understood’ it as probably waiting for this last film.

The first rebirth film was released by Anime ltd?
Anime Limited did release the first film, but it was a sub-license from Funimation at the time, so it discontinued along with the dozen of others. Funimation UK did restock the old copies but I suspect it's just a way to make some profit before the license is up.

I really wish AL could have made CE sets for 2.22 and 3.33, I have their 1.11 CE, and will order the Deluxe set for 3.0+1.11 to get the steelbook and as a fairly close match to the 1.11 CE box - but that leaves a big hole on my UK shelf for the other two movies. I do own the US Funimation sets for the first three movies, and will also pick up the GKids standard release for 3.0+1.11 to complete the mish-mash that is the US collection. Sigh.

I am surprised that Anime Limited is scheduling Evangelion: 3.0+1.11 this early given they have yet to sort out their theatrical release. I am a bit disappointed it's a steelbook case but I suppose they want to avoid digipack for cost reasons. Either way at least it's consistent with 1.11's release.

Burn the Witch honestly was predictable for Anime Limited to pick up because the Crunchyroll titles that Viz Media licensed seemed to have been more accessible (Jujutsu Kaisen, In/Spectre, Tower of God). Though hearing that its re-using the Viz Media discs is a shame but I'm also told that various releases for the film around the world have had some issues due to how the masters turned out.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is a long time coming given this should have been the next obvious path to go for because its one of the bigger shows in the franchise. At least this indicates they can still get more over here even when Nozomi is now with Crunchyroll.

Do you know what the issues are exactly?

After reading this, I will be passing on Burn the Witch until I know for sure if the UK release will be affected.

Do you know what the issues are?

After reading this, Iwill be passing on Burn the Witch until I know for sure if the UK release will be affected.

From what I have been told, it's due to the master being poorly prepped for encoding so without any extra work involved the end result is a watchable but not perfect disc. Viz Media don't have quality control so they wouldn't have noticed it, and even if AL went to VDMS to author the film, like they have done with the other titles, I'm not sure they would have resolved it either. Should be better than the Crunchyroll stream though.

From what I have been told, it's due to the master being poorly prepped for encoding so without any extra work involved the end result is a watchable but not perfect disc. Viz Media don't have quality control so they wouldn't have noticed it, and even if AL went to VDMS to author the film, like they have done with the other titles, I'm not sure they would have resolved it either. Should be better than the Crunchyroll stream though.
Main question being will these issues affect the average viewer or is it something that would only be noticed by videophiles? Those types do tend to make an issue out of nothing.

Slightly contrary to what I initially interpreted; the ‘standard’ eva3+1 includes the bonus disc (so is 2-disc).
And likewise, the ‘plain’ steelbook states BR, bonus disc, and DVD.
Then the £25 more 4K deluxe is lacking the DVD. As it holds a steelbook case, presumably to use the exact same 3-up?
I guess the assumption is that once you’re at 4K, you wouldn’t want to go down more than one notch in resolution for anything else…

If the steelbook includes the dvd, I’m not sure why the dvd only version isn’t yet available to order.

Back