UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's in SDR, but you do get benefits of better compression and correct colors. The Japanese Blu-ray apparently has a botched color space conversion. I don't know if that's going to be fixed on the UK/US BDs.
Good to know thanks. Do we know how bad it is as I'm considering the Steelbook version over the UHD myself too but this might tip the scales if it looks gnarly.

Colors are shifted towards pink because of an improper BT.2020 to BT.709 conversion, but it's not too bad I guess unknown | Slowpoke Pics

EDIT: found a better comparison Evangelion: 3.0+1.11 Thrice Upon a Time (2021) v2 | Slowpoke Pics
Yeah I can live with that. Thanks for the comparisons.

EDIT: FYI the steelbook is currently cheaper over on AOL for anyone else interested in that one.

EDIT 2: And despite everything I ended up going for the standard edition when I realised it also came with the bonus disc lol.

Last edited:
Wonder when the next sale will be I think there was one in august last year, and would only AL stuff be on sale or will we see mvm / crunchy stuff on sale too

Wonder when the next sale will be I think there was one in august last year, and would only AL stuff be on sale or will we see mvm / crunchy stuff on sale too
I think it could be a similar case to AOL where we'll a code that can work with other distributors but a sale specifically for those distributors won't be as common. I can only think of two occasions where AOL did reductions on other distributors. The recent Crunchyroll sale and that Christmas sale a few years back where they had a Universal day.

If Aniplex own FMA, would they just give to Crunchyroll? Last time I saw anything aniplex related on physical media was the Demon Slayer movie
Aniplex have Lycoris Recoil and Engage Kiss on preorder. Or do you mean over here?

Also with Crunchyroll UK's awful pricing over the last few years when I saw $120 for Lycoris I actually thought that was a good price

Aniplex of America... Good Price.... Words I never expected to say

I ain't accepting virtual hugs until they add Love Live to streaming 😤
Just checked on CR. Did Superstar S2 ever get streamed in the UK?

I lost interest in the franchise after the terrible sub delay and terrible physical release delays of previous series draining all enjoyment I had of this franchise

but wouldnt mind picking it up again

Just checked on CR. Did Superstar S2 ever get streamed in the UK?

I lost interest in the franchise after the terrible sub delay and terrible physical release delays of previous series draining all enjoyment I had of this franchise

but wouldnt mind picking it up again
Superstar Season 2 was available but only through Vimeo where you had to pay £1 per episode to watch iirc. Really not sure what they were thinking with that decision. It's since been taken down so there's currently no legal option outside of waiting 1-2 years for a Blu-ray.

Real shame as Nijigasaki Season 2 and Yohane the Parhelion are also missing. AL's handling of the franchise has been abysmal

I was looking over the AL 🇫🇷 site and thought some products that I wouldn't be surprised may be coming from AL 🇬🇧 later this year.
SAO s2 - Complete Collection (finally)
SAO: Alicization s1 - Complete Collection

Not announced in any way and probably just a merch deal but AL 🇫🇷 seem to have a massive deal with Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.
With AL having Ajin, Castlevania and other Netflix anime seems like that would be a perfect fit for them to try license 🤔

I was looking over the AL 🇫🇷 site and thought some products that I wouldn't be surprised may be coming from AL 🇬🇧 later this year.
SAO s2 - Complete Collection (finally)
SAO: Alicization s1 - Complete Collection

I remember spotting Deji Meets Girl as well, which is a short that was screened with Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko in both the UK & USA, though the two aren't related.

DejiMeetsGirl-COLLECTOR-temp_x1024.png

Not announced in any way and probably just a merch deal but AL 🇫🇷 seem to have a massive deal with Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.
With AL having Ajin, Castlevania and other Netflix anime seems like that would be a perfect fit for them to try license 🤔
rebeccasmug.png

Back