UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I had wondered if Gunbuster being out of stock was to do with the warehouse issues MVM have mentioned, as there was no low stock alert. (Although AL's communication continues to be poor, as evidenced by more last second delays.)

But UP have it marked "sold out" while AOL have removed their listing entirely. Not so sure now 😕

Sounds like it is pretty much done and gone. Since Gunbuster is such a popular anime, I thought it actually might sell out before it started shipping because it would be a title very highly sought after! In any event, I didn't expect the Collector's Edition to be available for too very long.

I’d assume it not be long before the ‘standard’ version gets listed, as the thing that somewhat irritates me about the CE being just a single disc in an Amaray case should make it rather easy to migrate to a non-CE release…

I’d assume it not be long before the ‘standard’ version gets listed, as the thing that somewhat irritates me about the CE being just a single disc in an Amaray case should make it rather easy to migrate to a non-CE release…
Yehh ive never got that either... Most are just standard cases inside a cardboard box... And yet
A standard edition takes months longer to release.. I.e carcaptor sakura etc
Im guessing so its so they can make abit more money as collectors are sold at alot higher pricing

They would be much more of a Collector's Edition (for me, anyways) if they all came with digipaks instead of standard cases - keep the dang standard cases for the standard releases!! :mad:

I do miss the days of Funmation Limited Editions where their Limited Edition sets with chipboard box was only $4.00 more than the Standard Edition - $42.99 for LE, $38.99 for SE. We also almost never get digipaks for any US anime releases.

I do miss the days of Funmation Limited Editions where their Limited Edition sets with chipboard box was only $4.00 more than the Standard Edition - $42.99 for LE, $38.99 for SE. We also almost never get digipaks for any US anime releases.
Funimation did a lot of digipaks for their DVD releases, but people apparently hated them. I really love my The Galaxy Railways and Gunslinger Girl Virdian digibook sets.

I had wondered if Gunbuster being out of stock was to do with the warehouse issues MVM have mentioned, as there was no low stock alert. (Although AL's communication continues to be poor, as evidenced by more last second delays.)

But UP have it marked "sold out" while AOL have removed their listing entirely. Not so sure now 😕
We've temporarily disabled it on our site. The warehouse issue did cause initial delays but we've been in touch with Anime Ltd - it seems Amazon took far too much stock than needed and are currently just sitting on it. Anime Ltd are in the process of getting stock sent back to the warehouse but may take a while. We've been informed we'll be told when it's back and available to order in.

Funimation did a lot of digipaks for their DVD releases, but people apparently hated them. I really love my The Galaxy Railways and Gunslinger Girl Virdian digibook sets.

Yes, but I don't count DVDs since I don't collect them. I was speaking only for US anime released on Blu-ray. The reason everyone hated Funimation digipaks is because they were very poorly designed and constructed, with very thin cardboard and failing glues. Compare those to the ultimate Japanese digipacks which use high quality cardboard and plastics, and are extremely well-made, or even to AL digipaks which are also well made. My only minor complaint with AL Digipaks is that the majority of their digipaks are only two-panels, whereas I completely gush over the larger 3-6 panel digipaks with big art across all the panels.

I do have a few Funimation DVD digipak sets, Since I do have one full media shelf of DVDs in my collection. The most awesome of which are the huge 6-panel digipaks used in the Twelve Kingdoms limited Edition DVD box sets, those were gorgeous. I also have a few of the Viridian digipak sets. Even if cheaply made, I don't complain about the Funimation digipaks, because really, how often do you actually remove them from their boxes? I just handle them very cautiously when I do get them out, and there are no issues for me.

Twelve Kingdoms Limited Edition DVD Digipak box sets

We've temporarily disabled it on our site. The warehouse issue did cause initial delays but we've been in touch with Anime Ltd - it seems Amazon took far too much stock than needed and are currently just sitting on it. Anime Ltd are in the process of getting stock sent back to the warehouse but may take a while. We've been informed we'll be told when it's back and available to order in.
So AL are getting some of there copies of gunbusters back?

“far too much” makes it seem like there’s going to be something of a surplus rather than a shortage.
Except that there were probably people panic buying on Amazon (or scalpers intending to cash in on eBay), and Amazon now finds that they’ve sent too many back…

They would be much more of a Collector's Edition (for me, anyways) if they all came with digipaks instead of standard cases - keep the dang standard cases for the standard releases!!
Moving away from digipaks was a conscious business decision that I can't remember the full reason for now. But I have had incidents with scratched discs with digipaks and plastic does protect the discs better. I don't mind the Scanavo / Criterion style cases though I know not every release uses them, which I think does enough to say you're getting something different from the standard release here.

Back