UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Honestly I think that Scanavo clear blu ray cases are the best way to go for collector editions. Its more premium than a basic blu ray case and I am guessing its more ecomimical than digipacks. You get more space for artwork than a standard blu ray case. It looks a lot nicer as long as you don't put a crappy Elephant butt or a BBFC logo on the spine. The only issue with Scanavo cases is they only go up to 3 disc from what I can find. If they had a 4,5,6 disc case I could see them being used more.

Last edited:
Compare those to the ultimate Japanese digipacks which use high quality cardboard and plastics, and are extremely well-made, or even to AL digipaks which are also well made. My only minor complaint with AL Digipaks is that the majority of their digipaks are only two-panels, whereas I completely gush over the larger 3-6 panel digipaks with big art across all the panels.
Japanese digipacks are the best that I have come across. For example I have the Japanese version of Jujutsu Kaisen 0 and with it being my first Japanese digipack release I was so surprised by the quality, nice thick carboard showing a nice image spread across 3 panels (Even though it was only a 2 disc set) was excellent. My complaint with ALs Digipaks is that they are also mostly only 2 panels and they keep forcing their ugly looking Elephant butt spine designs on the the nice artwork. Jujutsu Kaisen, Millennium Actress, Your Name 4K and Planetes were all affected by this backwards thinking. Luckly Black Lagoon and Lupin the 3rd a woman called Fujiko Mine were able to escape this.

First thing I thought of was the Portal Turret when I saw the Anime Limited A

Feel like there are a few bluray I should be buying but after looking at my backlog I keep putting it off

I never used to think so until someone on here mention that it looked like one and now I can't unsee it.

Lol, that was actually me that started that thought, way back in 2016, shortly after I started importing anime from AL... I first posted my imagery of the logo over on the bluray.com anime forum... Sorry, AL, it was all in, uh, good taste - really, honestly, truly - I love your releases!! 😁

Anime Limited's Elephant Butt Logo Post 2016

(dang foreigner!) 😇

Last edited:
Lol, that was actually me that started that thought, way back in 2016, shortly after I started importing anime from AL... I first posted my imagery of the logo over on the bluray.com anime forum... Sorry, AL, it was all in, uh, good taste - really, honestly, truly - I love your releases!! 😁

(dang foreigner!)😇
We could move away from that now and compare it to a crewmate from Among Us.

(dang foreigner!)😇
Well I finally know were it comes from now. Always saw people saying it and thought it was funny so kept the joke going, although some people can't see that... I actually like ALs logo. Manga definitely had the best logo out of all the UK distrabutors.

Japanese digipacks are the best that I have come across. For example I have the Japanese version of Jujutsu Kaisen 0 and with it being my first Japanese digipack release I was so surprised by the quality, nice thick carboard showing a nice image spread across 3 panels (Even though it was only a 2 disc set) was excellent. My complaint with ALs Digipaks is that they are also mostly only 2 panels and they keep forcing their ugly looking Elephant butt spine designs on the the nice artwork. Jujutsu Kaisen, Millennium Actress, Your Name 4K and Planetes were all affected by this backwards thinking. Luckly Black Lagoon and Lupin the 3rd a woman called Fujiko Mine were able to escape this.
I’ll second the comment on JP digipak quality. The quality difference can be noticeable in terms of both the mount/illustration, and the plastic holders themselves. I’ve got a number that include flip trays on the base digipak tray, so you can’t complain about how many they hold either.
And suggesting it’s related to something like durability doesn’t make much sense, as at least the multi-disc cases seem to be a little fragile in terms of the holder teeth and any swing-out tray clips. To say nothing of the fact that abuse of the outer box is going to crack the outer plastic of any case or holder.

I’ll second the comment on JP digipak quality. The quality difference can be noticeable in terms of both the mount/illustration, and the plastic holders themselves. I’ve got a number that include flip trays on the base digipak tray, so you can’t complain about how many they hold either.

The new Japanese Suzume 4K/Blu-ray release I just received the other day has those flip trays like you mentioned:

suzumejp6.jpg

I've been dying for any news of an English 4k release of Suzume. When do you think we'll hear anything?

Well, since it just came out in Japan, it may be a little while yet before it gets released outside of japan. We'll probably hear something soon for a release possibly 6-9 months from now. It may be sooner since it is a big Shinkai movie, but who knows. At least for the US where I'm at, there is always a hold time for Region A releases here due to reverse importation fears from Japan, since we are in the same region as Japan. And usually the UK has to wait for a US release before they get it it too. Looking back at Your name and Weathering with You, Your name (non-4K) was released in the UK 4 months after it released in Japan, but Weathering with You 4K was released 7 months after Japan.

Last edited:
Well, since it just came out in Japan, it may be a little while yet before it gets released outside of japan. We'll probably hear something soon for a release possibly 6-9 months from now. It may be sooner since it is a big Shinkai movie, but who knows. At least for the US where I'm at, there is always a hold time for Region A releases here due to reverse importation fears from Japan, since we are in the same region as Japan. And usually the UK has to wait for a US release before they get it it too. Looking back at Your name and Weathering with You, Your name (non-4K) was released in the UK 4 months after it released in Japan, but Weathering with You 4K was released 7 months after Japan.

Looks like its a Crunchyroll release in the UK so the question should be

"Will the UK even get a Bluray release, let alone a 4K Bluray"
Thank you. I might have to pick up the Japanese 4K then, does it have English subtitles?

Thank you. I might have to pick up the Japanese 4K then, does it have English subtitles?

Yes, it does include English Subtitles.

Here is a quick review for those not familiar with importing Japanese anime and want to know if a Japanese release has English subtitles. If you view my post with the Suzume photo spread in the "What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!" thread, and look at the 8th image down of the J-card and zoom it to full size, check the disc information section for Subtitles and you'll see 3 subtitles listed for the BD and 4K discs. The second subtitle listed is 英語字幕, which is Japanese for "English Subtitle." I always look for that first character that kind of looks like a robot with antennae on it's head, which makes the phrase easy to spot.

What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

suzumejp11.jpg

Last edited:
Back