UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@Hanners Almost 2 weeks ago I got email "We are currently waiting on the remainder of our Gunbuster stock to arrive with our fulfilment team, as this is currently on backorder.", and still no progress/updates, even If I send emails (This blocked my order with 11 items. ). Honestly, for almost a year now I have had the impression that getting a response from Anime Ltd support is almost impossible. I only get answers sometimes and usually after a week or two.

I know it's probably very unlikely, but would there be any chance of AL releasing Digimon Data Squad on DVD?

Manga never released it and the US Cinedigm release went out of print very quickly (as Cinedigm stuff usually does). Madman released it in four parts, but they're hard to find now too.

I wonder if Anime Limited picked up Re:Zero S2 before or after the Crunchyroll UK cancellation.

Re:Zero is a big Isekai and it will be unfortunately if the UK is the only Region in the world that doesn't get Season 2.

@Hanners
Another question.
Also, is there any chance of licensing El Hazard The Wanderers and My-Otome in the UK.
Notable a big fan of both series espesally the My-Hime and I love to see a My-Otome Collectors Edition in 2024?
Really liked the My-Hime collectors edition that you designed.

I love the diversity of what we want.
I won't get too weird but why have got Shinobi no Ittoki when Misfit of Demon Academy is out there or Tantei Opera Milky Holmes or Moriarty the Patriot or Are You Lost or Saki the Nationals or 86 or my favourite Ryoko's Case File (sexy tough lady in a short skirt)
And before anyone says it, I know this might not have been the thread to rant.
It's happened. So press post reply now

Still no comment on the french issues? Here's yet another to the pile: Eureka Seven with fancy FrenCh suBs p Ÿ

No disc replacement? I suppose you will to continue to ignore e-mails, Tweets and alikes? No QC, no customer service, a total disrespect for the clients, nice.
Yeah that does suck for you guys, my condolences. I wonder if AL france runs independently?

I wonder if Anime Limited picked up Re:Zero S2 before or after the Crunchyroll UK cancellation.

Re:Zero is a big Isekai and it will be unfortunately if the UK is the only Region in the world that doesn't get Season 2.
The US release is listed as Region A & B. Worst case scenario, UK fans may have to import the US discs. It’d be super cool if Anime Limited were somehow able to acquire the rights, but my gut is telling me CR f***ed you guys over.

IMG-4405.jpg

Over the years, AL have sadly become much more prone to ignoring inconvenient things. And it's a pity because we want to support them and see them do well because we love their releases but it doesn't quite feel like the same company it once was. They used to engage with fans a lot more, acknowledge and fix glaring issues, and were always responsive when contacted. It took MVM to tell us what's going on with Gunbuster stock!

Over the years, AL have sadly become much more prone to ignoring inconvenient things. And it's a pity because we want to support them and see them do well because we love their releases but it doesn't quite feel like the same company it once was. They used to engage with fans a lot more, acknowledge and fix glaring issues, and were always responsive when contacted. It took MVM to tell us what's going on with Gunbuster stock!
Embracer ruins everything they touch.

Digimon is finally here.

That newswire though... Bleach... blu-ray... I'm sorry, how the hell did I miss this news? How long has this been going on for? Is this standard Bleach? TYBW? Are we looking at only standard editions or CEs? Does anyone know anything on this that's been announced?

Digimon is finally here.

That newswire though... Bleach... blu-ray... I'm sorry, how the hell did I miss this news? How long has this been going on for? Is this standard Bleach? TYBW? Are we looking at only standard editions or CEs? Does anyone know anything on this that's been announced?

So we're getting both the original series and the TYBW. TYBW has been confirmed to be getting CE's I'm pretty sure, no confirmed news on the original series though.

So we're getting both the original series and the TYBW. TYBW has been confirmed to be getting CE's I'm pretty sure, no confirmed news on the original series though.

I can't believe I missed that announcement. Only found it now by looking it up. Still, that's great news. Also glad I realised before I decided about whether to import TYBW. That's saved me a lot of money...
But still, good to hear it's both. Even if the original is only blu-ray, it's still a step up from the DVDs that have been out of print for some time. And if it was a larger boxset for the whole part, that's great even if my wallet would be afraid of that.

Back