UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just saw those in my SamFlem package. I thought each box was only supposed to have 4 titles? I suspect BBB and AZ would be missing from the DVD and BD respectively. BBB seems too recent and AZ is the most expensive out of the BD picks.

Just to say it is meant to be 5. 1 per staff member, and I'm going to guess there won't be many of the boxes for sale.

Staff picks bundles will be:

BD:

Gankutsuou (Andrew)
Expelled From Paradise (Jeremy)
Aldnoah Zero (Keith)
Fuse (Kerry)
HAL (Kat)

DVD:

Blood Blockade Battlefront (Andrew)
Harmony (Jeremy)
Terror in Resonance (Keith)
Beck (Kerry)
Gurren Lagann (Kat)
Oh I didn't actually see this, kinda glad I did tbh as I can't say it does much for me. I mean Gankutsou is something I would have bought if not for that awful case they put it in (I would have preferred a bog standard case tbh....) and I already have Fuse, not interested in the others. I'm going shopping again (pray for me....) so I'll use the money I had for this in HMV and grab a couple of Ghibli I suppose.

Oh I didn't actually see this, kinda glad I did tbh as I can't say it does much for me. I mean Gankutsuou is something I would have bought if not for that awful case they put it in (I would have preferred a bog standard case tbh....) and I already have Fuse, not interested in the others. I'm going shopping again (pray for me....) so I'll use the money I had for this in HMV and grab a couple of Ghibli I suppose.
I also HATE steelpack cases but if you just want Gankutsou and don't want to spend £££ CEX had it for £8 + £2.50 delivery the other day ;)

Edit: out of stock but I'm sure come next week they'll have a few.

Last edited:
Really?! I swear I sent you an email back about this! Hmm. Will go through my email and figure out what happened when I'm back in the office on Monday, if that's alright?

That's fine. My last email from you was the 28th November. I responded with the order number, and alchemist title since I accidentally used the email I didn't order from to email you.

I then emailed again 7 days ago using the same email that did the order with the details again.

I personally want AL to get Code Geass somehow off KAZE, and release a beautiful UE that the show deserves.

You could apply this to any anime.

I want AL to get [Insert anime title here] somehow off [Insert anime publisher who does subpar releases here], and release a beautiful UE/CE that the show deserves.

Last edited:
That kind of defeats the whole point of an UE its supposed to be as complete collection as possible. Maybe in a few years time but it certainly wont be 3 separate sets.

Well depends on how you view an ultimate edition.

I view it as the ultimate version of a specific release. I'd like something similar to what Japan has for Code Geass with those beautiful digipacks, and art. Though honestly don't think there could be an entire all Code Geass UE since you have 3 Seasons, 3 Complication films, and Akito the Exiled. Thats alot to be in 1 release, and would make it horrifically expensive.

Speaking for future releases ^^, what's the news with SAC boxsets? Korea have just re-released LE of both seasons (about 60$ each, eng dub and sub included but region A) and USA gonna release them also on bluray for the first time next year. I know the resolution is not 1080p but I d like very much AL to release 2 beautiful digipacks!

Speaking for future releases ^^, what's the news with SAC boxsets? Korea have just re-released LE of both seasons (about 60$ each, eng dub and sub included but region A) and USA gonna release them also on bluray for the first time next year. I know the resolution is not 1080p but I d like very much AL to release 2 beautiful digipacks!

Manga will be releasing SAC but I've no idea how they look or will be packaged. I hope they do something similar to the Korean sets. No
date has been set for release but I would hazard a guess as maybe Q2

France got a limited edition for Belladonna recently, some great usage of the artwork, I wonder how Anime Limited 's release will look. Also super interested in seeing how they handle the Pigtails release as well as the Production I.G compilations, it's going to be a long wait however which is killing me. 2017 can't come soon enough.

Has anyone else's Escaflowne Ultimate Edition become broken over time? It was fine when I originally got it from AL's store.

The larger box the digipak's come in has collapsed outwards. This is due to the weight of the digipaks as you stand the box up (or leave on the side). The edges are perforated so the weight of the digipaks have ripped it.

I'm super disappointed as this is one of my favorite shows. (The other sides are coming away now too).

You can see it on one of the sides in the picture below. Older Ultimate Editions had sponge around the outside.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
Back