UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I was wondering what the TSE issue was. That and the ever increasing gap between InuYasha releases is definitely something they should sort out. Yikes.

Worth remembering that distributors most likely have to carefully plan release dates so that they aren't neglecting their expensive licences and ensuring they can make a decent return on their investment. Understandably fans would like everything as soon as possible however that's just not always logistically possible especially for a longer series.

Distros really need to commit to a release schedule, or at least keep customers in the loop when it comes to long running series, or they risk losing customers to imports at best (there might be coming back from that) or apathy at worst. Boruto Part 4 was released by Manga in August 2020. In the BBFC thread, ratings for Part 5 by Crunchyroll just popped up. At least 3 years and three brand changes between releases in a long running show is no way to do things.

It's not an ideal situation for sure. Not having to get everything BBFC rated would most likely speed things up a lot.

I presume The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes is slated for Blu-ray sometime in the near future?

I quite like AL's CEs because they fit very well with Japanese boxes. For longer-running series I guess they could house all the parts in a single box, but of course this requires a commitment to release everything in a reasonable timeframe.

A couple of things I want to chip in on here:

1. We are very aware of space premiums when it comes to collecting a long-running title like Bleach in Collector's Edition form - it's too early to go into any details on our plans currently, but we do hear you, and we're very much all on the same page here.
2. Bleach is a different beast to InuYasha here - not going to go into the boring details, but long story short there shouldn't be anything to prevent us releasing the entire original series in a reasonable timeframe without extended delays in Bleach's case.

Are you able to comment on which masters will be used for the UK release? I believe there's 3 versions, the US, Italian and Japanese releases all use different upscales from afaik.

1. We are very aware of space premiums when it comes to collecting a long-running title like Bleach in Collector's Edition form - it's too early to go into any details on our plans currently, but we do hear you, and we're very much all on the same page here.
2. Bleach is a different beast to InuYasha here - not going to go into the boring details, but long story short there shouldn't be anything to prevent us releasing the entire original series in a reasonable timeframe without extended delays in Bleach's case.
I have all of bleach on dvd so I'm not completely sure if I want to replace them myself however I suddenly remembered that when kaze took over there first boxset for some bizarre reason left the omake's at the end of each episode out so that would be a plus. One question, how many episodes will there be per individual blu-ray box, just wondering if it all saves on shelf space compared to my dvd's.

Are there any updates for InuYasha that can be shared currently?

Since it's question time I'd like to know if AL has Yohane the Parhelion? With 4 episodes out so far and no services streaming in the UK it would be good to have some clarification on this.

1. Is a complete boxset out of the question
2. Could ye do like Madman and release it over 4 sets instead of 12 like Viz
3. Is bleach gonna be later this year or next year?

1. Is a complete boxset out of the question
2. Could ye do like Madman and release it over 4 sets instead of 12 like Viz
3. Is bleach gonna be later this year or next year?

1. Not out of the question, but likely not our preferred strategy.
2. Our ideal is probably something more akin to this, but until we've collated all of the materials to see what's available we can't really say exactly what our release plan will look like. We know what we'd like to do, but we're not going to push in that direction no matter what if it doesn't make sense with the materials we can access.
3. All being well, our aim is to start our releases later this year.

The madman Bandai boxes were nice imo
View attachment 29895
View attachment 29896
Was having a search early for the madman set with no luck so thanks for th post.
Not sure if they are your photo or ones you found.
So do all 4 of the boxes hold 8 cases (as they all look the same depth in the photo) or is the 2nd photo the last 3rd set and holds quite a few more and all the set vary on disc/case amount?
does each case have 1-2 disc in each?

They do look nice but I'm guessing they really do take up alot of space (well compared to the US 13 set)

Last edited:
Back