UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think I will buy this version of Pony Canon. If I wait like this, it will no longer be available. If I wait like this, it'll end up like March Comes In Like A Lion season 2, that it's no longer available in the US. I'm a little disappointed, that the Anime Ltd cannot say about this subject something.

Hear hear. I've also waited for March Comes in Like a Lion S2 until the US version was out of print.... So a few months ago I also decided to buy the second season of the US version of Sound Euphonium despite it being ridiculously expensive...

It would be really nice to have some decisive comments about both series. I understand it's difficult, but it's becoming harder to commit to All the Anime series released over multiple parts or seasons.

I'm tempted to pick up the Pony Canyon release myself as well though the price makes it difficult to but I adored the first season and want a complete KyoAni collection. I will wait and see.

I'll likely import the movie soon enough as that is affordable though if AL would release that as well, I'd rather wait but I have no idea if that will be a possibility or not, just like with the second season.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone is keeping track, but the Junk Head Collector's Edition was supposed to be out 3 days ago, but it hasn't been sent out yet. Something tells me there's a delay on that one, but I don't know how long it's been delayed to, as the website still lists it as 14th August (at the time of this writing).

I'm not sure if anyone is keeping track, but the Junk Head Collector's Edition was supposed to be out 3 days ago, but it hasn't been sent out yet. Something tells me there's a delay on that one, but I don't know how long it's been delayed to, as the website still lists it as 14th August (at the time of this writing).
I asked Hanners and he said Junk Head may have stock ready sometime next week.

Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko is to be determined at this point, whilst I have no clue if Eternal 831 got shipped out or not considering I didn't order it or know anyone who has.

It would be really nice to have some decisive comments about both series. I understand it's difficult, but it's becoming harder to commit to All the Anime series released over multiple parts or seasons.
While I agree with these concerns it doesn't work so well in the practical sense that these companies will look to how well a series sells to judge whether to license more of it. Rather than seeing customers waiting for confirmation on a second season these companies will instead see a flop and abstain from further seasons. I too am frustrated by this but it helps to consider why they may not be a priority.

While I agree with these concerns it doesn't work so well in the practical sense that these companies will look to how well a series sells to judge whether to license more of it. Rather than seeing customers waiting for confirmation on a second season these companies will instead see a flop and abstain from further seasons. I too am frustrated by this but it helps to consider why they may not be a priority.
Not just sales in general but specifically, preorders and sales within the first 2-3 months of release. Those are the highest margin windows and if sales are dismal, then it really doesn't bode well for the future.

To be fair, I can't say I pre-ordered Sound! Euphonium back when it was first released but I wasn't anywhere near as deep into collecting then and probably didn't even know it existed. Same goes for March Comes in Like a Lion, want to track down the CE releases of that. I did make sure to pre-order Liz and the Blue Bird instantly though.

Would like to see the other movie, especially since Eleven Arts may be defunct or soon to be so and the existing run of the US release may be it

Have I missed something or we still don't know what are the chances of Anime Ltd releasing season 2 of Euphonium? Is there any point in waiting for it? What do you think?
During the Cloud Matsuri 2022: Ask Anime Limited CEO Andrew Partridge, Andrew said that the licensing situation with Sound! Euphonium 2 has been complicated but they think that enough time has passed for it not be complicated anymore so there's a possibility they might license it and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

Time code 38:25 - 38:54

Ah, gundam build fighters part 1 won't be shipped till 13th of November. I'm not going to get angry there enough of that in her when that happens.

I found out through looking at both the HMV website and Amazon UK that Junk Head is delayed until 18th September (Anime Limited still lists it as 14th August).

Speaking of delays, I received an e-mail yesterday that the Nadia UE is delayed again until 2nd October.

Last edited:
Dear Anime Limited staff.

In the past months, AL France has released quite a few titles in the dear lands of baguettes, fries, and chocolate. While home video lovers appreciate the flow, most if not all titles are absolute lackluster in terms of quality. There is evidently NO quality check whatsoever on the subtitles (typos, atrocious spelling mistakes, bad cues). The authoring job also ranges from plain bad, mediocre to sometime good.
This is frankly starting to become unacceptable, especially at the price of your products in comparison to competitors.

And now, of course, presitigious titles like GunBuster gets the most half assed treatment ever:
  • Missing subtitles
  • Poor video compression
  • Lazy menu design
  • Usage of the second dub (while Anno has literally banned its usage, Discotek nor Bandai could use it, why AL France only, and lacking the original dub?)

You have plenty of authoring partners yet, for this title, you went for the worst (and cheapest, we know your partner's pricings, sorry!). Frankly, it sounds like you are just trying to save pennies because you overpaid the license in a bid war. Maybe don't overpay a title and accept you have to let this title go if you can't allocate the proper budget to give it a worthy release.

I can tolerate secondary series and titles being not perfect but GunBuster and the treatment it got? An insult for the show and the french clients.
The lesson of Violet Evergarden is still not learned. But since this only affects france, I bet nothing will be done for the customers. We're getting tired of being ripped off. (Did I mention Gunbuster french price being nearly twice as much if we consider early bird offer?)

It's a small slate (good for me tbh given what's coming out over these next few months) but Anime Limited's trend in this timeframe is normally a bigger batch in October, then a cooling period in November, followed by 11 Early Birds in December.

There's also the factors that you wouldn't want to put something on for pre-order that likely wouldn't be out in time due to holiday season generally causing disruption, especially during November & December release windows. So my guess is they kept September small so they can get some stuff nailed down before it gets chaotic.

Will pick up Penguindrum & already have Ascendance pre-ordered from last year's Christmas Early Birds.

It's a small slate (good for me tbh given what's coming out over these next few months) but Anime Limited's trend in this timeframe is normally a bigger batch in October, then a cooling period in November, followed by 11 Early Birds in December.

There's also the factors that you wouldn't want to put something on for pre-order that likely wouldn't be out in time due to holiday season generally causing disruption, especially during November & December release windows. So my guess is they kept September small so they can get some stuff nailed down before it gets chaotic.

Most of which won't be released until the following December. ;)

Back