UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No on disc extras for G Gundam? What's this?

Includes the Kasshu family photo

...You wonderful crazy bastards.
The listing is all over the place. The EB is stated as closing on August 7th and the on the discs section states it's only 2 discs despite the images and the product description have 4 discs.

I really hoped we'd get the G-Files interview from the old BEI DVDs.

For an old hand like me this continues to be a sour spot. I'm not sure why the whole 'Gundam Collection' brand stays active when generally all we eventually get is the shows themselves. I'd love these releases to have decent, notable extras.

Another Gundam pre-order for me, though I was momentarily confused when I read I had until Thursday 7th August to get my pre-order in...

I went over to AL's site to see what exactly I'm interested in and I had a hard time coming up with an interesting cart, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I'm no longer playing catch up with AL's releases, feels good.

I still came up with a 300+ GBP cart, but there's really only EVA 4 and Garden of Words steelbook that really interest me. The rest would be blind buys and I'm really not good with those.

Still don't expect any super violent discounts like Christmas, but we'll see!

Looks like the Unlimited code doesn't require a £50 spend. It's not mentioned on the member email but is for the 10% newsletter one.
I let my unlimited lapse, and quite typically that ended a few days ago at the end of August.
Still; it’s only an extra 5%, and I can’t see myself spending more than £340. I’d assume that because the clock starts ticking as soon as you sign up, that the codes would be active immediately (or within a day) should sufficient incentives materialise.
(cancelled because even with 10% off, they now seem to be consistently more expensive than elsewhere for even their own titles / preorders)

it appears that the new Miyazaki doesn't have a distributor yet either
I think Goodfellas are the licensor (a french company). At least, that's who are listed as the "Courtesy of" on the BFI's site for it's screening next month. Their website says they've distributed a bunch of the Ghiblis over the other side of the channel, so I wouldn't be surprised. Not sure what that says about the prospects of a theatrical release of The Boy and the Heron over here though...

I think Goodfellas are the licensor (a french company). At least, that's who are listed as the "Courtesy of" on the BFI's site for it's screening next month. Their website says they've distributed a bunch of the Ghiblis over the other side of the channel, so I wouldn't be surprised. Not sure what that says about the prospects of a theatrical release of The Boy and the Heron over here though...

Goodfellas are the sales agent.

For some reason I haven't been received any e-mails since May, so I haven't received my 10% discount code.

I was wondering if it is a universal code that anyone could use. If that is the case, would anyone be willing to share it?

Back