UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hard time coming up with an interesting cart

300+ gbp cart

I would love to see what an interesting cart looks like 😹😹

I need to have a look through their site but cant think of anything I've missed / need

lol I guess I didn't explain myself very well, my bad

Out of that, only two releases really interest me, the rest was mostly the packaging looking good, so I suppose I should have said I came up with a cart worth 80 GBP and that's because Eva is 50 🤷‍♂️

I am eyeing the In/Spectre, Future Diaries and Kakegurui CE's but have heard the former two aren't very good apparently.
In/Spectre, got to 6 but it wasn't making me continue. Future Diaries, got bored after 2 episodes. Fortunately I watched it through Lovefilm.
Kakegurui I loved. Watched it on Netflix. Even my 77 year old mother paid more attention to it than her newspaper. I could tell because she would miss things and ask me questions. Yes I let my parents pay for netflix and I don't.
Hey, it means I visit. 🎂

In/Spectre, got to 6 but it wasn't making me continue. Future Diaries, got bored after 2 episodes. Fortunately I watched it through Lovefilm.
Kakegurui I loved. Watched it on Netflix. Even my 77 year old mother paid more attention to it than her newspaper. I could tell because she would miss things and ask me questions. Yes I let my parents pay for netflix and I don't.
Hey, it means I visit. 🎂
Thanks for the feedback. I was browsing some reddit thread discussions for these shows and it seems this is a consensus. I might get Kakegurui then and maybe a BOGOF

I never got CCS, so seeing as the CE is in there, I’ll chuck ‘em some pennies for that. 10% off £89 means it’s back to the lower price again (whether the package is worth that is a different matter)
Same goes for Hello World and Relative Worlds.

Meanwhile, all the BOGOF is just “got, got, got…”, and I don’t fancy the mystery boxes just having 5 standard BRs for £45 (£9 each, and probably own most)

I am eyeing the In/Spectre, Future Diaries and Kakegurui CE's but have heard the former two aren't very good apparently.

I loved both seasons of In/Spectre but hadn’t thought about buying it as I’m not sure if I’d watch it all again. I think I’d rather catch up on the manga (and the novels if they ever get licensed). But now I’m tempted seeing the price for it as it’s the cost of a standard release now. It is very much a marmite show - it’s very talky, and you will either love it or hate it. Even though I think it’s great, I also do admit that the pacing on the last arc leaves a bit to be desired as it goes on a bit too long, but I never was completely bored.

I haven’t seen the other two, but I did want to put a good word in for In/Spectre as I think it gets unfairly criticised for just not being a typical anime in a lot of ways.

Assuming the prices are good, I do fancy some stuff.
Silver Spoon 1+2
But will I compare it to No-Rin.🤔
Inuyasha for £20.
Blood -C. Didn't have any ambition to watch this again but the price might get me to buy it, just to have it and hold it and hug it . Would rather Blood+ (think that's right) as never seen it.
Maybe the Promised Neverland but after seeing it would it have the same surprise value? Probably not.

I did end up buying a few things, mostly because they were good deals and I had the 15% off code:

• In/Spectre season 1 - as I mentioned in my previous post, I did really love the show and it’s a good deal
  • Erased - I had mixed feelings about this when I watched it. I loved the beginning, but after a while it was obvious who the culprit was and the ending was a bit convoluted. But if I treat it as a study on abusive family situations and as a thriller, not a mystery, for the rest of it, it’s still enjoyable.
  • MyHime - it’s a good price, plus I never got around to watching it back in the day, though I think I saw an episode or two fansubbed. It’s also no longer on Crunchyroll.
  • Silver Spoon - again, it’s a great price for both series and is no longer streaming.
I thought about a few more (Kagekurui, Blood C, Future Diary), but I didn’t want to spend too much now. The first one is still on Netflix, so I can watch it any time. The only Blood anime I watched was the original Blood: The Last Vampire which I have on DVD somewhere and liked, but I’ve never bothered to watch more of it and I’m not sure the watching order. And Future Diary is the kind of thing I’d like to see despite its reputation just to see it for myself, but I don’t want to blind-buy it.

I picked up Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory and El-Hazard: The Alternative World in the BOGOF. I may return for something using my discount codes later.

El Hazard is a fun schoolkids-get-stuck-in-in-alternate world romp, if you like corny jokes and saucy elven maidens

Back