UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

MCM Recap, to save yourself the trouble of scrolling up.

New:
  1. Lonely Castle in the Mirror (dir: Keiichi Hara, studio: A-1 Pictures)
  2. BLUE GIANT (dir: Yuzuru Tachikawa, studio: NUT)
  3. Kaiji
  4. SHIROBAKO
  5. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (semi-new license but let's just leave it here)
  6. Harmonie (dir: Yasuhiro Yoshiura, studio: Studio Rikka & Ultra Super Pictures)
License rescues:
  1. Kids on the Slope
  2. Food Wars! Season 1
  3. The Flowers of Evil
  4. Parasyte -the maxim-
  5. Akame ga Kill!
  6. Naruto (Original series i.e. the one before Shippuden)
  7. Naruto Shippuden [they got this too, makes sense]

View attachment 31171
Nooo, my precious clicks and views!

Just spoke to @Hanners about announcing re zero now. Apparently he did want to announce it sooner but they only just got the contract so he understands the situation of people importing it.
That's fair. Now all we need is a 200 page artwork of Emilia, Ram, Rem, Crusch, Frederica and Echidna.

Nooo, my precious clicks and views!
Was that you who live tweeted the panel? If so, you'll getting credit for my news write-up later ;)

No one is dumb enough to pretend to be Grant White :p
suletta-suletta-mercury.gif

I still haven't watched The Witch from Mercury because I'm waiting for the Blu-rays

I've been waiting for SHIROBAKO since it disappeared from HiDive. Hopefully it will be both seasons and they will also license the movie.

I'll probably get Harmonie too because of the director.

Also, hopefully it is only a matter of time before they announce Eizouken, since they are getting Sentai stuff.

Blimey, between that and Bleach they're going to be busy for a while. I hope this isn't a sign of them starting to pivot to focusing on Shonen Jump.
doubtful tho it means more Money on the table ...

but heck yea BLUE GIANT

why not and so now we will be getting naruto on blu ray ? this is Tops !

Blimey, between that and Bleach they're going to be busy for a while. I hope this isn't a sign of them starting to pivot to focusing on Shonen Jump.
For what it's worth @anime_andrew said during the panel when it comes to the bleach releases that they'll be releasing them 1 volume a month rather than several months so if they do release more shonen it will be quick.

I'd be interested in Shirobako if they do a new encode and include the OVAs but they'll probably just re-use Sentai discs. afaik outside Japan only Germany got the OVAs.

Happy about Re:Zero S2. I've been interested in Shirobako so that's nice to see as well.

What's weird is Naruto. Starting another forever series, really? Why not One Piece too while you're at it (assuming Funiroll only has the DVD rights).

New:
  3. Kaiji
  4. SHIROBAKO
  5. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (semi-new license but let's just leave it here)
  6. Harmonie (dir: Yasuhiro Yoshiura, studio: Studio Rikka & Ultra Super Pictures)
License rescues:
  1. Kids on the Slope
  2. Food Wars! Season 1
  3. The Flowers of Evil
  4. Parasyte -the maxim-
  5. Akame ga Kill!

View attachment 31171
Wow Re:Zero 2 is very unexpected. What was Crunchyroll doing a few months ago then?

Last edited:
Some great announcements! Shame there was no news on InuYasha - makes me cautious about committing to any of their other long shounen acquisitions. Kaiji and Shirobako are great picks, and I’m curious to see what can be done with the license rescues.

I'm curious how Naruto will be packaged and released. I might be interested in that one if only because it's one of those rare shonen series that actually has a beginning and end lol.

Shame there was no news on InuYasha

I mentioned this in passing at the Q&A part of the panel (which I imagine hasn't been picked up), but InuYasha Season 2 is coming early in 2024.

It's also a very different beast to Bleach and Naruto, where we're already receiving materials far ahead of time, and its very much our intention to have a regular and solid cadence between volumes.

New:
  3. Kaiji
  4. SHIROBAKO
License rescues:
  1. Kids on the Slope
  2. Food Wars! Season 1
  3. The Flowers of Evil
  4. Parasyte -the maxim-
  5. Akame ga Kill!

View attachment 31171

Maybe will see what reviews say
Didn't know they were dubbing this, pretty psyched
  1. Kaiji
Already own dual-audio US standard but might double dip for CE
  1. SHIROBAKO
Have heard it's not as good as the first season but glad we're getting it
  1. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (semi-new license but let's just leave it here)
IDK it's short we'll see
  1. Harmonie (dir: Yasuhiro Yoshiura, studio: Studio Rikka & Ultra Super Pictures)
License rescues:

Really interested in all of these given they're all getting CEs (I'd even double dip on Parasyte, already have the Animatsu CEs for that but I'm curious to see what AL come up with!)
  1. Kids on the Slope
  2. Food Wars! Season 1
  3. The Flowers of Evil
  4. Parasyte -the maxim-
Eh, I didn't care for this when I sampled the first episode
  1. Akame ga Kill!
Maaaaybe
  1. Naruto (Original series i.e. the one before Shippuden)
  2. Naruto Shippuden [they got this too, makes sense]
Can't remember if they already announced the license for The Great Pretender but majorly excited for that super fancy edition they're putting out :)

I mentioned this in passing at the Q&A part of the panel (which I imagine hasn't been picked up), but InuYasha Season 2 is coming early in 2024.

It's also a very different beast to Bleach and Naruto, where we're already receiving materials far ahead of time, and its very much our intention to have a regular and solid cadence between volumes.
Is there a reason you've stopped streaming the Love Live franchise?

1. Naruto (Original series i.e. the one before Shippuden)
  2. Naruto Shippuden [they got this too, makes sense]
So does this mean they will be taken down from Crunchyroll?

Or will Crunchyroll retain UK streaming rights while AL has physical?

Back