Anime UK DVD: Best Series of 2006

I voted for Elfen Lied to be one of the finalists, but unfortunatly not enough people agreed with me.

Elfen Lied missed out on being a finalist by just one vote, so if you wanted Elfen Lied to be there, but didn't vote, then there is only yourself to blame. (I'm not saying that you didn't vote, btw, just stating a point)

Overall, I'm happy with the way the voting turned out, and while there are some series I thought should be in the final sixteen, I was not the only person voting and my opinion is only one of many. If folks want to have an impact, there is still a chance.

AUK End of Year DVD Awards
Voting now open for all seven final categories!

Best Series of 2006
The finalists are listed above, decide on which one was the best!

Best Single Volume Release of 2006
Out of all of the OVAs and movies released, what was the best one?

Best Collection of 2006
What was the best collection release of the year? Let us know!

Best TV Anime of 2006
Fan of Fullmetal? Nuts about Naruto? Aching for Oban? Choose what you thought was the best on TV!

Runner-Up of the Year
Second Chance Saloon for those DVDs that didn't quite make the headline act.

Distributor of the Year
Who impressed you most?

and finally, the headline award
UK Anime DVD of the Year - 2006
Fourteen DVDs over twelve months, but which one of them deserves the award? Providing there are enough votes, I will be presenting the distributor of the winning DVD with an actual physical award (a first for the AUK DVD Awards) for them to do with as they please.

The nominees are:
  • * Fullmetal Alchemist (Volume 3 - MVM Films)
    * Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Volume 7 - Manga Entertainment)
    * Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (Manga Entertainment)
    * Haibane Renmei (Volume 4 - MVM Films)
    * Howl's Moving Castle (Optimum Asia)
    * Last Exile (Volume 7 - ADV Films)
    * My HiME (Volume 1 - Beez Entertainment)
    * Naruto Unleashed (Volume 1 - Manga Entertainment)
    * Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Edition (Volume 6 - ADV Films)
    * Only Yesterday (Optimum Asia)
    * R.O.D. the TV (Volume 6 - MVM Films)
    * Saikano / She, The Ultimate Weapon (Volume 1 - Manga Entertainment)
    * The Place Promised in our Early Days (ADV Films)
    * Whisper of the Heart (Optimum Asia)

Happy voting!

I though elfien lied was great havent seen the last vol yet but still. If I did vote it would have to go with neon though since it is my fav series of all and the platinum edition was great. But loads of sereies there I love, I have seen some of samurai 7 up to vol 4 and dont think anywhere near as good as samurai champloo. But its still good

resurecting this old news post about the awards, instead of being annoying and posting another one... I'll be announcing the awards live on Sunday, between 5pm & 6pm in the IRC channel: irc://irc.dejatoons.net/auk be sure to join me!

Also, there is now only three days to vote, make sure your opinion is counted!

Back