AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

I'll defintely be watching it, though i'll probably miss out transformers headmasters, it seems like watching it in subs is probably a better idea. I intend to watch all the rest though, including GITS which i already own and i've wanted to check Planetes out for a while now.

Transformers: Ok, it was just funny in the worst kind of way... Embarrassment.
Bleach: I'd probably watch it at times to hear the dubs.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Very good! May re-watch so I can make sense of in in one go (since the DVDs took ages for release and you look the plot within the wait.)
Ghost in the Shell SAC: Like it lots. May do the same with this as with FMA, but we'll see.
Planetes: Caught a glimps of it and found the animation similar to Wolf's Rain (or is that just me?) Probably watch with Ryo on S.Plus.
Vision of Escaflowne: Classic, but seen many times. I could catch some Zs.

I've just found the actual schedule on the Anime Central Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5801847929&ref=mf

From September 13th, the Anime Central programming schedule will be:

21:00 Vision of Escaflowne
21:30 Bleach
22:00 Fullmetal Alchemist
22:30 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
23:00 Planetes
23:30 Transformers Headmasters
00:00 Vision of Escaflowne
00:30 Bleach
01:00 Fullmetal Alchemist
01:30 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
02:00 Planetes
02:30 Transformers Headmasters
03:00 Vision of Escaflowne
03:30 Bleach
04:00 Fullmetal Alchemist
04:30 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
05:00 Planetes
05:30 Transformers Headmasters
06:00 End

Oo spooky...

Tasker said:
They should either stick Transformers on after Escaflowne and bring everything forward half an hour, or swap Transformers and Escaflowne around, what ever, Transformers should NOT be first.

That's a much better schedule. :D

Argeed Does anyone know what channel number this has been assigned to yet? Or is it true its time sharing with pop girl?

I doubt it will share with pop girl. I think it would be in the entertainment section.

shh227 said:
Argeed Does anyone know what channel number this has been assigned to yet? Or is it true its time sharing with pop girl?

I doubt it will share with pop girl. I think it would be in the entertainment section.
Well I hope it is. Wouldn't want them classing it as a childrens channel. That would just annoy me! :evil:

201 I hope. It just sounds good. But in the good old 150's for higher ratings I would guess.

I Checked it out last night, Watched Bleach and FMA. My first thought is that It wasn't a great a broadcast. Second thought was that it is quite a good broadcast actually. And Its quite funny to watch the adverts they are showing about 3 times in a row. Lastly, Its good that the 'logo' is just text instead of the Anime Central thing.

Oh and last last thing, Just saw the end of the advert. IT HAD SOUND! Thank god.

Jayme said:
201 I hope. It just sounds good. But in the good old 150's for higher ratings I would guess.

I Checked it out last night, Watched Bleach and FMA. My first thought is that It wasn't a great a broadcast. Second thought was that it is quite a good broadcast actually. And Its quite funny to watch the adverts they are showing about 3 times in a row. Lastly, Its good that the 'logo' is just text instead of the Anime Central thing.

Oh and last last thing, Just saw the end of the advert. IT HAD SOUND! Thank god.
I found the adverts annoying after noticing they played the same advert in one break for the 1st time. This is a test though, so I'll be patient. (Although, I did like some of the music chosen for the adverts, e.g. Bleach and SAC.)

Charter_Mage said:
Ahhhhh, i can't get this damn channel to work. I've added the channel 50 times over, but it just won't show up in the other channels section :evil:

What seems to be the problem exactly? Maybe you're not pressing the yellow button when you find the number? :eek:

DaNiMe-sama said:
Charter_Mage said:
Ahhhhh, i can't get this damn channel to work. I've added the channel 50 times over, but it just won't show up in the other channels section :evil:

What seems to be the problem exactly? Maybe you're not pressing the yellow button when you find the number? :eek:

lulz. I did that a few times, Except I was selecting the channel but pressing 'Back Up' instead of 'Select'. Damn Buttons.

Lupus Inu said:
I don't see why everyone is all pissed if Anime Central is gonna be on POP Girl... I wouldn't be all that assed about it tbh.

I don't see how it could be. They're two different channels even when searching for the test channels... If it were on Popgirl, the title of the channel couldn't be changed to Anime Central either - I'm 100% sure it's a channel in its own right.

DaNiMe-sama said:
Lupus Inu said:
I don't see why everyone is all pissed if Anime Central is gonna be on POP Girl... I wouldn't be all that assed about it tbh.

I don't see how it could be. They're two different channels even when searching for the test channels... If it were on Popgirl, the title of the channel couldn't be changed to Anime Central either - I'm 100% sure it's a channel in its own right.

It time shares with POPGIRL, it will be on a different number though OFCOM rules prevent any inappropriate content on kids channel.

In my view OFCOM have damaged the childrens channel beyond repair with this stupid rule, Nick at Night and adult swim completely ****** in this country becuase of that.

J_C_X said:
DaNiMe-sama said:
Lupus Inu said:

It time shares with POPGIRL, it will be on a different number though OFCOM rules prevent any inappropriate content on kids channel.

In my view OFCOM have damaged the childrens channel beyond repair with this stupid rule, Nick at Night and adult swim completely ****** in this country becuase of that.

How do Timeshares work now a days then? The last timeshare related thing I can remember is when Nickelodeon went of for Paramount or something. There were others I can't remember.

Also, Nick at Nick is pretty much just re-runs of classic sitcoms etc. Its all provided on Trouble (That got moved from the kids channels). And [adult swim]-wise, It probably gets about the same viewing figures anyway. The only advantage to it being on Cartoon Network that I can think of is that they would handle anime. But that is getting taken care off now.

Back