AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Fudce said:
Ryo Chan said:
i assume it's just gonna repeat ep 1 of each series till launch
We can't know that for certain until tomorrow. There is only one episode of each series each day, repeated three times.

If they show episodes 1 again tomorrow, then you're right, if they show episodes 2, you're wrong ;)

lets hope he is wrong :D

god i hope is the first way just watched full metal there never say the 1 ep and did'nt see it all this time either

i think it is i have only seen there ads for when stuff is on so it may not be commercial yet this lead me to think it is just a test

heirgo as it is not commercial yet this is not a true start and a dedicated anime channel will know better than to air them in any order like some others

Gawyn said:
Patchy said:
I assume there will be chat for shows airing on this channel since I'm new to this, I basically tuned in since I read about their launch on digital spy....

I really enjoyed Planetes if anything Ill watch this regularly.
My understanding of the channel is that there are not going to be any presenters just bumps in the style of [adult.swim]. It may spawn some shows about anime as the channel matures but in the short term if you are looking for presenters and some information about anime shows you check out The Anime Network, which airs on Propeller TV.

Tasker said:
It's alive! ALIVE! :twisted:

Spot on. :D

Oh that's a thought, I just wondered, has anyone seen any sign subs yet? I've only had it working for a few minutes so I havn't had time to notice yet.
As has been mentioned multiple times, the initial run will not feature any subtitled versions of shows. I believe the aim is to air a repeat during the night with subtitled version but this is subject to the broadcaster being able to get suitable subtitled versions, which they don't have for all of their content at the moment. That was the state-of-play as discussed at AmeCon and I can't think that it would have changed in such a short time.

Ahh, but sign subs are different to subtittles. :p :wink: They let you know what episodes are called and what the letters people are holding say, etc... That's what I was refering to, if they show things the way Anime Network are doing, then it'll get bloomin' confussing for the new people trying to watch. :?

BlackWolf said:
I wonder why they choose Headmasters as an inital show? Seems to be an odd choice to me, especially considering the quality of the dub (Apparently Transformers: Super God Master Force got the same dub treatment which was thankfully left of the DVD release)

Though i'm wondering that when they start airing subs, whenever it is, if they will show the other Japanese only transformer shows like Victory.
At AmeCon they quoted that they had were showing all of the Takara Series', which includes Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory. Presumably they will be showing the series in order, one following the other.

Gawyn said:
BlackWolf said:
I wonder why they choose Headmasters as an inital show? Seems to be an odd choice to me, especially considering the quality of the dub (Apparently Transformers: Super God Master Force got the same dub treatment which was thankfully left of the DVD release)

Though i'm wondering that when they start airing subs, whenever it is, if they will show the other Japanese only transformer shows like Victory.
At AmeCon they quoted that they had were showing all of the Takara Series', which includes Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory. Presumably they will be showing the series in order, one following the other.

dunno why but that dub reminded me of what would happen if Monty Python started a dub company XD

i appologise to you Blue Water, you're not the worse company out there after all

I have to say I wasn't impressed by the dub, but i'm a G1 Transformers fanboy, so considering it had totally different voice actors and writing, it never really had a chance of impressing me... >.>

Gawyn said:

As far as i was aware, Transformers Victory was never dubbed, so is that a definte sign that they might start showing anime that exist only with subtitles?

King Jimmeh said:
I have to say I wasn't impressed by the dub, but i'm a G1 Transformers fanboy, so considering it had totally different voice actors and writing, it never really had a chance of impressing me... >.>

I'm willing to give these shows a shot, just so i can get rid of the bad taste that the last few transformer shows left in my mouth

DaNiMe-sama said:
BlackWolf said:
As far as i was aware, Transformers Victory was never dubbed, so is that a definte sign that they might start showing anime that exist only with subtitles?

You don't have to look very far to find the answer.

play.com said:
Languages English - Dolby Digital (2.0) Stereo

Link
There is no dub on the Transformers: Victory DVD. Play.com is in error in that listing. (I have the set so I can absolutely say that as fact.)

RukiaX said:
Fudce said:
Ryo Chan said:
i assume it's just gonna repeat ep 1 of each series till launch
We can't know that for certain until tomorrow. There is only one episode of each series each day, repeated three times.

If they show episodes 1 again tomorrow, then you're right, if they show episodes 2, you're wrong ;)

lets hope he is wrong :D

looks like i was right

Ryo Chan said:
looks like i was right

Aye, looks like it. :(

And my god, that Transformers dub sucks. The acting isn't just hammy, it's the entire pig. :? And you can tell whoever produced it has never heard of lip flaps. Sheesh it's terrible.

The overall presentation of this incarnation of Transformers is terrible ( the credits in Japanese, the poor dub, dated animation ), it's not what I would have expected as the first item on the listing of a brand new station. Unless you 'wanted' to drive away new viewers that is. :?

Back