AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Chrono Demon said:
naminaruto said:
Chrono Demon said:
CitizenGeek said:
Conan-san said:
in before digimon pokemon war.

There really is no need for such a war - both series are fairly terrible and not deserving of a slot on a "proper" anime channel! There, problem solved! ^_^

Yes, Digimon is edited >.>

really?

Yup, there was stuff edited. For even starters, Pokemon get edited as well.

Plus the fact that they put stupid names in Digimon like Digivolve, when it never said that in the Jap version

Just out of interest who licensed it?

Saban had seasons 1-4 and then Toei sublicenced it to Disney (Who partly produced Season 3 and 4 during Fox Kids' takover by Disney) for the upcoming fifth season.

And, hey, I resent the comments made about Digimon, if Shin Megami Tensei is the Higher Eshelon of the Monster Rearing genere, Digimon isn't that far off.

Conan-san said:
Saban had seasons 1-4 and then Toei sublicenced it to Disney (Who partly produced Season 3 and 4 during Fox Kids' takover by Disney) for the upcoming fifth season.

And, hey, I resent the comments made about Digimon, if Shin Megami Tensei is the Higher Eshelon of the Monster Rearing genere, Digimon isn't that far off.

The people behind Power Rangers and Disney, huh? No wonder the Dub sucks hard.

They had to avoid showing like 3 episodes of pokemon.
One because of a gun.
One because it gave like 400 kids sezuires.
and one because the in the closet gay one got boobs :p

MTW said:
One because of a gun.

Banned Pokémon episodes are actually quite interesting! Like you said, one was banned because of the presence of a gun, another because it gave loads of Japanese children seizures and and another because James entered a beauty contest and was given breasts so he could win it. There was another banned because it hinted at bird flu (which was a big thing at the time) and I think there was one more banned as well, but I can't remember that! ^_^

CitizenGeek said:
MTW said:
One because of a gun.

Banned Pokémon episodes are actually quite interesting! Like you said, one was banned because of the presence of a gun, another because it gave loads of Japanese children seizures and and another because James entered a beauty contest and was given breasts so he could win it. There was another banned because it hinted at bird flu (which was a big thing at the time) and I think there was one more banned as well, but I can't remember that! ^_^

There is even more. There was one were a relationship between Ash and May was triggered. But it was deemed unsuitable for the set age group. But I think it has been unbanned now.

Here are some of the banned episodes- http://www.serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml

But I do recall more. The Tentacool and Tentacruel one was not originally aired due to destruction of city buildings (As seen in the opening) It was banned due to 9/11. Only in the States. It seems to be unbanned now though.

What they should do is try and bring back some of the old school toonami shows, big chunk of viewing hours right there.

Me neither.
=[

But^
Hopefully, they'll show the old school shows. I miss Sailor moon and DBZ

The site will work very soon. I will try tomorrow and see if its working. They have a movie thats not working yet which make me curious what they are doing.

Looking forward to that video! ^_^

I don't think I like their logo at all, really ;( It's just ... boring and has absolutely nothing to do with anime at all.

CitizenGeek said:
Looking forward to that video! ^_^

I don't think I like their logo at all, really ;( It's just ... boring and has absolutely nothing to do with anime at all.

I got to say. I like it a lot more than having a stereotypical 'anime looking' character.

But. Also, No anime logos have to do with anime. (ADV, Animax etc.) They are all simple. And I'm sure the shows and the Title will let the people know its to do with Anime.

Lastly. Have you look seen the Ofcom License. It says the content is cartoons.
Absolutely outrageous I tell ya

EDIT: And also. This Says Toon TV. What the hell is going on here?!?!?!

Well, okay, so not having anything to do with anime isn't such a big thing - but it is still an very boring, very "meh" logo. Definately wouldn't work too well if they decide to market the channel properly.

Jayme said:

I noticed that as well, there's an ofcom page here where at the bottom they applied to change the channel name from Toon TV to Anime Central. Seeing as Toon TV never made it to airing I'm guessing they abandoned that project and turned it into Anime Central instead ;)

Fellistowe said:
Jayme said:

I noticed that as well, there's an ofcom page here where at the bottom they applied to change the channel name from Toon TV to Anime Central. Seeing as Toon TV never made it to airing I'm guessing they abandoned that project and turned it into Anime Central instead ;)

Haha. Popgirl was called TBC (Teddy Bear Channel). They must be joking with these names. :X

And the Vault is 356. :D

Back