hey has everyone heard the news
casshan is sueing casshern for
stealing his outfit
have similar storys
and having similar names
come on look at there pictures casshern and casshan are very freakin similar

I request the facest of palms...

vashdaman said:
http://www.positivehealth.com/article/immune-function/vaccination-controversy-safety-and-side-effects

I thought this was a good and fairly balanced read.

Vaccines are certainly more effective than micromachine technology
225px-Laughing_man_logo.jpg

can someone answer me this

in animes there are ghosts the have blue flames around them and the ghosts dont have any feet and they have there hands flapped down in front of them. is this how the japanese see ghosts or..........

i was just thinking
you know how japan they say Senpai or senior for someone who's older then them or has been working longer in the working place then they have.

why dont we ever use that i know iv been here for 3 mouths or so and i know theres a lot of people who's been here longer then me so from now on il use *Senpai* to those who have been here longer then i have.

what do you guys think

animefreak17 said:
you know how japan they say Senpai or senior for someone who's older then them or has been working longer in the working place then they have.

why dont we ever use that i know iv been here for 3 mouths or so and i know theres a lot of people who's been here longer then me so from now on il use *Senpai* to those who have been here longer then i have.
Because that goes beyond anime fandom and into the realms of obsession with Japan. Feel free to use it yourself, but I don't imagine many will be following suit.

ayase said:
animefreak17 said:

Because that goes beyond anime fandom and into the realms of obsession with Japan. Feel free to use it yourself, but I don't imagine many will be following suit.
i have a thing for japan as well has anime Senpai

I can see this turning sour Otaku lol.

I guess the reason that we don't address each other as Senpai or a western version (like american's say maam and sir when referring to women and men regardless of who they are) is that we are literally worlds apart, i personally believe there is alot more respect in eastern culture than in western, in the western world we earn respect, in the east they give respect to elders or people who know more automatically.

the whole view on titles and respect is different, i'd say we would be better off to respect each other more like they do in the orients but on the other hand women are 2nd class citizens and its pretty much a step down from equality, so in the end it swings in roundabouts.

Tachi said:
I can see this turning sour Otaku lol.

I guess the reason that we don't address each other as Senpai or a western version (like american's say maam and sir when referring to women and men regardless of who they are) is that we are literally worlds apart, i personally believe there is alot more respect in eastern culture than in western, in the western world we earn respect, in the east they give respect to elders or people who know more automatically.

the whole view on titles and respect is different, i'd say we would be better off to respect each other more like they do in the orients but on the other hand women are 2nd class citizens and its pretty much a step down from equality, so in the end it swings in roundabouts.
in my eyes everyone is equal and people have to earn respect.
iv taken a liking to eastern culture cause its simply isn't western, its different which fascinates me. in england our lives and culture are the same and it gets boring after years knowing the same things

I feel similar to you, in the way that i see eastern culture and the difference interests me, i'd love to go to japan and walk through some bamboo kind of garden with cherry blossoms, large red pillar bridges, shrines and a ramen bar in the corner.

To walk in a sea of people crossing the roads and go see the mountains, use the rain and just go around and take the whole country and its customs in. I’d enjoy going there but frankly I can’t until a few years (due to money AND the gf not being interested in it)

You can appreciate and even admire Japanese culture without attempting to emulate it. Doing so is... usually considered a bit sad, to put it delicately.

ayase said:
You can appreciate and even admire Japanese culture without attempting to emulate it. Doing so is... usually considered a bit sad, to put it delicately.

Completely agree, people who post Desu and the like don't gain points in my book, but if they want to do it then thats their choice.

I never said i liked it, i just corrected your spelling of senpai.

To be honest i don't mind people using eastern words in conversation, but its not something that i'll see and think "omg this person is talking to me in engrish!!! so amazing" More than likely i'll browse over whats being said and try to filter out the Otaku in the posts.

Anywho, haven't spoken to you in ages Stuart, hope alls well.

Back