Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

You can actually speak in English and use very formal, polite address to people, to achieve a similar effect ;) we do have our own rigid culture of decorum and ritual, even if we try to pretend we are relaxed these days.

I have nothing against using loanwords when there is no English equivalent or just to be funny/add flavour, but using words which are plainly directly translatable into precise English equivalents can seem pretentious, since all it does is locks people out who don't speak the other language.

I think it only actually gets actively annoying when people use words from another language, yet spell them wrong. It swiftly becomes impossible for even educated people to work out what is being said if care isn't taken!

R

Yeah... don't use sempai or the like in the middle of English sentences, unless you're trying to be deliberately Lawrence-like in your use of irony. Even then, tricky line to tread.

Tachi said:
I never said i liked it, i just corrected your spelling of senpai
Where was this?

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
Yeah... don't use sempai or the like in the middle of English sentences, unless you're trying to be deliberately Lawrence-like in your use of irony. Even then, tricky line to tread.

Tachi said:
Where was this?

I assume he is trying to have two conversations at once, since it was AF who made the error of misspelling "sempai", which Tachi- picked up on.
sorry bout that

hey have you noticed that in animes you have siblings *brothers and sisters* you notice that you see them together as kids more often then you do as adults 20s - and up. in animes as kids you see them playing together and in there teens they help each other out but you rarely see them together as adults

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:

Tachi said:
Where was this?

I assume he is trying to have two conversations at once, since it was AF who made the error of misspelling "sempai", which Tachi- picked up on.

Stuart hit the nail on the head.

animefreak17 said:
hey have you noticed that in animes you have siblings *brothers and sisters* you notice that you see them together as kids more often then you do as adults 20s - and up. in animes as kids you see them playing together and in there teens they help each other out but you rarely see them together as adults

I don't think this is just a "in Anime/Manga/Japan" thing, its basic that siblings tend to stick together (in the event that the parents are split up then the kids can seek comfort in each other, but for the most part in a normal family with both parents together the kids play and spend time together through nothing more than normal nature)

As people get older things change, for instance when i was young i used to think that family meant everything to me, i was fiercely loyal and anything said about a member of my family (even if its coming from a family member too) i wouldn't take lightly. Its through growing up and realising that things have changed, my views, the family dynamics and the whole relationship with one branch of my family are now none existent sue to events they themselves have done in the past to wrong me and the rest of my family.

In time people grow apart anyway, i've known that for a long time due to moving down south when i was 5, the rest of my family moved to different parts of the world and only 1 cousin still lives in the UK, we used to be like brothers but now i hardly ever talk to him. Its just life, that ever moving, ever changing path we all walk. Its not all that bad having the distance, as the meet ups make the time apart half worth it atleast.

Distance makes the heart grow stronger, or so they say.

Lifes not so simple i'm afraid,

I did learn from it that whenever i see people who go all out to point out the flaws in others i see that they themselves are trying to hide something. To cut all ties to one side of my family was the last resort, but in over 6 years i'm yet to venture back up north to see them and thats not going to change anytime soon despite the fact my aunt has had 2 kids in that time and neither have ever seen or spoken to me. Not their fault but if i was to go back up north just to see them it would invite others to spark things off again.

Its good that your still very family orientated :thumb: don't dwell upon things like my family cutting each other out of their lives, i hardly ever think about it myself lol only mentioned it as i felt i could put abit more of an explanation behind my words than just saying "not always" :)

@Tachi my uncle said if anything happened to my mom and dad he said he sorted something out i could live with him *my uncle and mom are very very close.......... very close*
if my siblings needed a heart or a kidney or what ever i said they could have mine. im just spear parts
but i know what you mean im close to my uncle but i barely talk to my cousin i guess its a teen thing

Fair enough you can't fit all of everything in one post, but surely at the very least you can keep each individual top 10 to one post? It would be an even better idea to do it like Sparrowsabre7 has.

You haven't "made it confusing", you have just clearly not done it yourself... if you meant "keep each top 10 in one post" how did you "accidentally" end up using two posts? You "forgot" halfway through and accidentally hit "submit"?

And no, I'm not, this is far too wide-reaching an idea to have real merit, I think. You would have been better off chosing one and structuring the thread properly.

Ironically, if you made it even more wide-reaching, to include "top 10s of anything" (ice cream flavors, months of the year, whatever) and put it over in random chit-chat, it might be a better thread.

Popped it in here, but if you want to organise it a bit more I'm happy splitting it back out again. I'll think about doing some top tens later in response :)

R

Rui said:
Popped it in here, but if you want to organise it a bit more I'm happy splitting it back out again. I'll think about doing some top tens later in response :)

R

how should i organise it.............. how would you do organise it

Start with one thing you want to make a top 10 list of. Then carefully think about your own top 10 list for that subject, no "I'll add this one later".

ilmaestro said:
Start with one thing you want to make a top 10 list of. Then carefully think about your own top 10 list for that subject, no "I'll add this one later".
the reason i had 10 top 10s was to give the option of the range of what i got to offer
i thought if i had only one top 10 of onething it wouldn't be interesting enough

You could do one different top 10 every few days in the same thread, like someone suggested, to keep the idea fresh and get people talking about the previous ones :)

R

Rui said:
You could do one different top 10 every few days in the same thread, like someone suggested, to keep the idea fresh and get people talking about the previous ones :)

R
well can we do that then please. feather more sorry bout being an annoyance to you guys

il do that il do a top 10 of something each week and il start with heroes.
should we put it back or should i make another one

Pick a top 10 (heroes I guess) and list your picks in here and I'll stitch together a thread for you from what we have. So as not to lose Lawrence's valuable efforts.

R

Back