Beckii: Schoolgirl Superstar at 14

Just finished watching it, and it wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be.
But i did find it quite depressing how towards the end her parents just kept talking about wanting to make money from it (especially the dad), and she barely smiled during the last 20 minutes. It all started off so innocently and then it was like she lost her soul or something...
The little haruhi clips made me happy though :D

Mohawk52 said:
Jayme said:
stuart-says-yes said:
S'pose it shows certain things that happen behind closed doors shouldn't become public knowledge
Are you insinuating anime watching is like masturbation?
Depends on what one is watching I suppose. :wink:

lol, dont tell me your insinuating the two things arent neccesarily mutualy exclusive now?

wont someone please think of the children!

anyway, lol

OT: idk, the programme was kinda wierd, the girl seems to be pretty smart though, not letting the situation overwhelm her or anything, but the dad seemed obssesed with how to make cash out of her...which seemed pretty dodgy to me tbh

Saw it last night, very boring, wished I watched The Untouchables instead. I was expecting a sweet story about some dumb naive girl being big in Japan instead BBC was trying to take it to weird men like her controversy and then parents forcing her to be big. I would of liked to have seen the other girls and the parents of the other girls interact though.

The only thing I found interesting was how surprisingly articulate she was for a 14, I actually think she smarter than her parents for realising she's not gonna be huge or make loads of money no matter what.

I wonder how many requests for her soiled undergaments has she received? I hope the father doesn't find out that there is a lucrative market for such. :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
I wonder how many requests for her soiled undergaments has she received? I hope the father doesn't find out that there is a lucrative market for such. :wink:

I'm starting to worry about you if that's what you wonder about. :D

kippy666 said:
Mohawk52 said:

You think I'm Joking? :lol:

Mohawk52 said:
kippy666 said:
Mohawk52 said:

You think I'm Joking? :lol:
No I really don't think your joking, that's why I keep giggling to myself when I read it. :D

Jayme said:
Wow, she needs to get a better producer.
kaifun1502.jpg

Would he do?

The bbc did not mentioned the names any of the Anime in the show as the bc don't like thinking that their piss poor programmes are Secound to another country's.

Her parents don't realise that she will not earn enough money from singing and dancing,what she needs to do is work in the anime industry as a Seiyū.

Soubi-Hurt said:
The bbc did not mentioned the names any of the Anime in the show as the bc don't like thinking that their piss poor programmes are Secound to another country's.
Like when they aired Akira and Spirited Away etc?
(what channel showed Laputa again? I remember seeing it twice but not on what channnel)

dinkeytom said:
Her parents don't realise that she will not earn enough money from singing and dancing,what she needs to do is work in the anime industry as a Seiyū.
You think there's a lot of money in the anime business?

Seems to me it all started out fairly innocently until dad wanted to make money out of it. Kind of sad it happened that way, do feel bad for Mr Fuji though.

But she must have made a fair bit of money though. According to this Japanator article, the girl has brought Y40,000,000 into the Japanese economy. Putting that into an online currency converter, you get this: £297616.1476, so about £300,000.

Not sure how much of that money Beckii will get, but its still pretty big

http://www.japanator.com/beckii-cruel-b ... 4161.phtml

dinkeytom said:
Hey you guys, if you want to send death threats to her just post it to here: PO box 14
Ramsey, Isle Of Man, IM99 4PP ,well that's is what her facebook says, and thus a valuable lesson is learnt about the internet, don't sell your information to Otakus or 変態(perverts). :lol:
People like you are what make the internet worse than letting retards on it. Go back to /b/.

Back