UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Crunchyroll: We love the UK and to prove our commitment to the UK, we're going to honor them with the same releases Japan got: an 8 part release priced at £45 each. :p
I’m already wondering why I don‘t just import JP everything, if I end up with better discs, packaging, boxes, extras…
Worst case; I add a subtitle track to a copy on a USB drive, or burn companion BRs. If no sub exists; camera translate.

I’m already wondering why I don‘t just import JP everything, if I end up with better discs, packaging, boxes, extras…
Worst case; I add a subtitle track to a copy on a USB drive, or burn companion BRs. If no sub exists; camera translate.
Mostly the cost, which adds up quickly across multiple titles. Oshi no Ko, for example, will cost you 48,400 yen for the complete limited edition first press set with retailer exclusive bonuses. That's £277.60. add in international shipping and customs, that's at least £350 total.

Mostly the cost, which adds up quickly across multiple titles. Oshi no Ko, for example, will cost you 48,400 yen for the complete limited edition first press set with retailer exclusive bonuses. That's £277.60. add in international shipping and customs, that's at least £350 total.
Wow that's a lot. I forget how much JP sets can cost.
That's all as individual volumes too right? There's no storage box for all 6?

Wow that's a lot. I forget how much JP sets can cost.
That's all as individual volumes too right? There's no storage box for all 6?
Yes, all individual volumes. There is a storage box from some retailers as a retailer exclusive, if you purchase all individual volumes from their store.

Animate and Amazon JP have storage boxes, each one is different and there's no preview yet on what they look like.

Yes, all individual volumes. There is a storage box from some retailers as a retailer exclusive, if you purchase all individual volumes from their store.

Animate and Amazon JP have storage boxes, each one is different and there's no preview yet on what they look like.

Potentially different boxes... Ah. Well that's a pain. Lycoris was fine, the box was the same but the bonuses were different. But a case like this where they differ makes it hard to know which to go for. I may have to wait a bit on this rather than placing a preorder.

So, while the UK release for Re:Zero Season 2 was cancelled and refunded for customers here, the US release has now appeared on the Crunchyroll September slate and is seemingly the same.

Unclear what this means, we'll find out one way or another.

So, while the UK release for Re:Zero Season 2 was cancelled and refunded for customers here, the US release has now appeared on the Crunchyroll September slate and is seemingly the same.

Unclear what this means, we'll find out one way or another.
Maybe they'll put it back on at a higher price point after new commandments from the overlords. Whatever, someone just give me a chance to have a physical copy of this already...

Watch them inflate it even higher than the US price because they can.
The US $90 srp is already way more than the UK pricing was (if I simplify accommodating taxes as at least a 1:1 $:£ conversion).
It‘s currently looking like the ‘two parts at £50 each’ prediction is on track…
Ooooh mysterious!! Knowing Crunchyroll I'll put money on it being relisted in 6 months as two separate releases for £50 each.

AOL have revealed Crunchyroll UK's September line-up.
  • Classroom of the Elite (S1)
  • A Couple of Cuckoos (Part 1)
  • One Piece (Collection 32)
  • Ranking of Kings (Part 2)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) (LE)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) (BD)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) (DVD)

No LE for Ranking of Kings unfortunately, I've put in a pre-order on UP1 for the U.S. LE.

AOL have revealed Crunchyroll UK's September line-up.
  • Classroom of the Elite (S1)
  • A Couple of Cuckoos (Part 1)
  • One Piece (Collection 32)
  • Ranking of Kings (Part 2)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) (LE)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) (BD)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) (DVD)

No LE for Ranking of Kings unfortunately, I've put in a pre-order on UP1 for the U.S. LE.
Thanks, if I'd known Classroom would get a UK release, I would have waited.
Although I suspect the £26 I paid is less than it'll be.
Nice to see S2 of Shield Hero on DVD. I enjoyed it but for me it's not worth Blu-ray.

Nice to see S2 of Shield Hero on DVD. I enjoyed it but for me it's not worth Blu-ray.
I think Shield Hero S2 won't do that well, so it might be better to wait for a price drop on the blu-ray instead of getting the DVD. The preorder price for the LE already dropped to $57.99 on Amazon US and was discounted even further in Target's sale this week, down to $38.85.

I think Shield Hero S2 won't do that well, so it might be better to wait for a price drop on the blu-ray instead of getting the DVD. The preorder price for the LE already dropped to $57.99 on Amazon US and was discounted even further in Target's sale this week, down to $38.85.
I'll take that on board.
Am I being too optimistic assuming the dvd would be less than £20? That's my target figure.
That's the reason I'll buy Spy X Family as I've read it's more family than spy.
I can get rid of my disappointment that way.
Hinamatsura?? as an example, would have been better with more Yakuza.
For me.

Back