UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I believe TBS owns K-On

I think it may still be licensed to Sentai in the US (though who knows how long), as it still seems to be up on HIDIVE if you search for it, but you can’t watch it in the UK. For licensing in the UK, I think it depends on if the US licensor has UK rights and is just sub-licensing to a UK distributor or if they don’t have UK rights and the UK distributor has to go directly to the Japanese owner (TBS in this case if you’re correct).

If it disappears from HIDIVE for the US soon, then we’ll know that the license has expired for them as well, so those of us who want to get it will just have to hope that it’s rescued by someone in the US or UK.

That’s assuming that is an actual license issue and isn’t just Crunchyroll UK having no idea what they’re actually doing and making up an excuse to cancel the release.

Yeah, when the merger went through Crunchyroll closed the Funimation UK office and hired a PR firm to handle publicising their cinema and home releases.
oh wow that is grim.

I'm amazed they're still holding on the UK home video market as is then tbh. I'd rather they didn't go 100% streaming but I'm shocked they haven't.

A few Crunchyrollnl UK titles have been listed on Amazon UK, Chainsaw Man, DBS: Super Hero 4K (Standard, Steelbook) and Overlord S4.

No LE's listed atm going from this post but I'd be very surprised if Chainsaw Man doesn't at least get one in the U.S.

Yeah Overlord CE would be nice but season 3 CE I think was only US, so not sure they will release season 4 as a CE over here. Would still like them too, would save me importing it.

But we'll have to wait and see.

I'm curious to see, in a couple days, what the US slate will look like. Sure, Chainsaw Man is here, but it could be that it is standard only and whatever the US has will confirm this (or, at least, the US gets one). The Australian distributor that showed their slate also didn't mention a LE either. I also wonder (maybe related) as to whether its a multi language release as well...

Afaik the German release for Chainsaw Man was teased as 2 parts - so no multi release.
Either way, one expects the US december slate to be revealed tomorrow or monday evening

Anime Limited has officially listed the Crunchyroll December titles (feat. 1 November title).

Note: No limited editions featured in this batch, so if you want to own the My Dress Up Darling and OVERLORD IV LEs, you'll need to import them but they'll be AB region discs anyway.

20th November:
OVERLORD IV (£34.99)

4th December:
Beast Tamer (£49.99)
Classroom of the Elite Season 2 (£49.99)
More than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers (£49.99)
My Dress Up Darling (£34.99)

18th December:
CHAINSAW MAN (£39.99)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero 4K Ultra HD with Lenticular Cover (£29.99)

BLUELOCK has been rated but is likely to not show until January.

Somehow I missed the one show people wanted the most, so at least I edited it in.

2022-03-30 (129).png

Last edited:
Anime Limited has officially listed the Crunchyroll December titles (feat. 1 November title).

Note: No limited editions featured in this batch, so if you want to own the My Dress Up Darling and OVERLORD IV LEs, you'll need to import them but they'll be AB region discs anyway.

20th November:
OVERLORD IV (£34.99)

4th December:
Beast Tamer (£49.99)
Classroom of the Elite Season 2 (£49.99)
More than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers (£49.99)
My Dress Up Darling (£34.99)

18th December:
CHAINSAW MAN (£39.99)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero 4K Ultra HD with Lenticular Cover (£29.99)

BLUELOCK has been rated but is likely to not show until January.

Somehow I missed the one show people wanted the most, so at least I edited it in.

View attachment 30593

Guess I'll have to import My Dress-Up Darling LE then, I guess we at least got the title in general but a real shame we didn't get the LE, it's a popular title so I think it would sell.

It must be potential stock issues as well the sad fact that Crunchyroll LEs aren't the best sellers here.
The Shield Hero S2 LE is going to tank in sales doesn't help much.
I can recall that the only recent LEs that sold well here are AOT S4 Part 2, Mushoku Tensei and Slime S2 Part 2.

Was looking to order the DBS 4K on Amazon and unfortunately they've started their BS restrictions on selling anime titles to EU countries again. This is also affecting Anime Limited preorders.

Out of the new CR titles the ones affected are DBS 4K, Chainsaw Man, My Dress Up Darling and Overlord IV.

Last edited:
On the bright side of things at least their muiti language line is slowly getting better.
I can see future titles like Tomo Chan (May get a LE), Nagatoro, Akebi Sailor Uniform, To Your Eternity and Jahy Sama become muiti language titles.

Guess I'll have to import My Dress-Up Darling LE then, I guess we at least got the title in general but a real shame we didn't get the LE, it's a popular title so I think it would sell.
I went to my local comic book store on free comic book day and their entire shelf of My Dress Up Darling was basically sold out!

I am just so happy how popular the series is, the anime and manga both had exhibitions this year in Japan too, so cool.

A shame no LE here but probably wouldn't have been that much cheaper I don't think.

Was looking to order the DBS 4K on Amazon and unfortunately they've started their BS restrictions on selling anime titles to EU countries again. This is also affecting Anime Limited preorders.

Out of the new CR titles the ones affected are DBS 4K, Chainsaw Man, My Dress Up Darling and Overlord IV.
Weirdly it was effecting a game I wanted to preorder earlier ff7 rebirth but now EU peeps can order that, it’s so random these days

I've started getting emails from the Cruchyroll store today. I assume they are using the RightStuf email list. Sadly, I went to the CR store and it will ship anything but home video outside US/Canada, so if RightStuf does merge fully with CR, I assume there goes another US retailer (unless I set up another US shipping address).

On the bright side of things at least their muiti language line is slowly getting better.
I can see future titles like Tomo Chan (May get a LE), Nagatoro, Akebi Sailor Uniform, To Your Eternity and Jahy Sama become muiti language titles.
  • so far no title that got an LE also got a multi language release (as one would expect to translate the booklet?)
  • To Your Eternity already got a German language release, so I don't expect a multi language release for this

Back